News Space Mountain exit being worked on

LukeS7

Oh, don't even go there..At one point there were plans and concept art for the DL version to be converted to it as you followed Stitch's escape while riding.. They also had a series of pins that showed the art as well..
disney-wdi-stitch-space-mountain-ride-thru-pin-s_1_8ac006c915d72263ed91e3fd333c35dc.jpg
I was unaware that this was a thing o_O

Fantasmicguy

About the ramp it's possible they when ahead and over did it so it would be good in case they ever need it again in the future for any reason. Now they always have an alternate exit that is up to code.

flynnibus

Premium Member
About the ramp it's possible they when ahead and over did it so it would be good in case they ever need it again in the future for any reason. Now they always have an alternate exit that is up to code.

Unlikely... It's still just a pipe structure with wood decking. Not the kind of stuff that holds up over time. Plus, it still requires a at-grade crossing of the railroad...which means staff, safety,etc.

This is temp... but not a quickie.

Kman101

Anyone else see this Play Disney Parks App fading away after a while? It just doesn't scream anything that will last long-term to me.

Wake me up when they realize and implement a full Space Mountain overhaul ...

And I had no idea Stitch in DL's Space Mountain was almost a real thing. Wow.

FigmentForver96

Anyone else see this Play Disney Parks App fading away after a while? It just doesn't scream anything that will last long-term to me.

The app won my love when those ugly *** games were torn from the Space Mountain queue. The app is a win for everyone, I feel. Those who wish to play, can, and can enjoy themselves while waiting in line. Those who don't, never have to play and can enjoy waiting in line, talking and interacting with their friends and family.

There is no wrong way to wait in line and enjoy your time at the park. Vacation your way and don't worry how others do theirs. (Not aimed at you of course)

trainplane3

I see it fading away if they fail to support it. I'm sure it'll live a long happy life on Apple devices but it'll start to rot on Android if they don't keep it updated for newer versions of Android. One thing Apple easily has is consistency. Fire up a old app on Android and watch as it either crashes or gets confused by resolution, on screen buttons, or UI changes. And I say that as a Android user.

I hope it does stay around. It's a nice "little" thing

Kman101

The app won my love when those ugly *** games were torn from the Space Mountain queue. The app is a win for everyone, I feel. Those who wish to play, can, and can enjoy themselves while waiting in line. Those who don't, never have to play and can enjoy waiting in line, talking and interacting with their friends and family.

There is no wrong way to wait in line and enjoy your time at the park. Vacation your way and don't worry how others do theirs. (Not aimed at you of course)

Oh I agree. I don't begrudge it at all (I know you weren't directing it at me) and I'm with you, how people spend their time is their business. I just don't see it lasting, for whatever reason. No real basis, just a gut feeling (and not that it matters lol)

Last edited:

Biff215

Oh I agree. I don't begrudge it at all (I know you weren't directing it at me) and I'm with you, how people spend their time is their business. I just don't see it lasting, for whatever reason. No real basis, just a gut feeling (and not that it matters lol)
Well based on past apps like Shop Disney it is likely that Disney will quickly lose interest and move on to something else. They will certainly need to add new games periodically if they’re going to keep guests interested. For now it’s a nice option, we’ll try it with our kids next month. Might make some of those waits more bearable.

trainplane3

Well based on past apps like Shop Disney it is likely that Disney will quickly lose interest and move on to something else. They will certainly need to add new games periodically if they’re going to keep guests interested. For now it’s a nice option, we’ll try it with our kids next month. Might make some of those waits more bearable.
And that's what I fear. They made it but they'll have to support it especially if this is going to be integrated into all the parks.

At the very least, they need to make Epcot and AK live on Android. Those are already live on Apple devices, right?
Screenshot_20180720-012523.png

Biff215

And that's what I fear. They made it but they'll have to support it especially if this is going to be integrated into all the parks.

At the very least, they need to make Epcot and AK live on Android. Those are already live on Apple devices, right?
View attachment 297357
Yes, they’re working on Apple, agreed that it’s silly that they’re not consistent.

And the app just crashed on me in the two minutes I was checking.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Oh, don't even go there..At one point there were plans and concept art for the DL version to be converted to it as you followed Stitch's escape while riding.. They also had a series of pins that showed the art as well..
disney-wdi-stitch-space-mountain-ride-thru-pin-s_1_8ac006c915d72263ed91e3fd333c35dc.jpg
I think that's the only concept involving Stitch that I would have actually enjoyed. Especially for an IP attraction.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No

View attachment 297357
No worries about Epcot, unfortunately, there is not much content (at least at this time.)
The only things you can do for Epcot is a Soarin (in line only) game (though it is quite fun) and Agent P's World Showcase Adventure.
Animal Kingdom has four games (though I am not sure how they handle. It was our first full day of the trip and didn't realize they were games , thinking they were only badges.)

All the parks have music locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom