Space Mountain Down

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So... Odds that Space Mountain gets the new tracks it desperately needs in the next 5 years?
105vn0.jpg

dX927

I had a FP for the ride on Friday and it went down about an hour before my scheduled time. When I went by the ride near the end of my scheduled time I noticed a long line of Cast Members standing in a line several yards away from the entrance not allowing anyone in the area, like even to get close to the entrance. All they would tell me was that the ride was closed and maintenance was working on it. Seemed weird to have that many people out there though. Is this normal? I've only ever seen one Cast Member standing near the entrance when they ride was down.

fngoofy

I had a FP for the ride on Friday and it went down about an hour before my scheduled time. When I went by the ride near the end of my scheduled time I noticed a long line of Cast Members standing in a line several yards away from the entrance not allowing anyone in the area, like even to get close to the entrance. All they would tell me was that the ride was closed and maintenance was working on it. Seemed weird to have that many people out there though. Is this normal? I've only ever seen one Cast Member standing near the entrance when they ride was down.
Not just talking out of my butt, I was a CM back in the day.
I imagine that those were the CMs working the attraction. They need them for when the ride comes back, so they put them out front.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I had the same thing happen at tower today...I was notified via email that my fastpass was open for the other rides about 2 hours later after we had left for beach club...

...mad crowds and the rides are seriously not holding up.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Seemed weird to have that many people out there though. Is this normal?.
Yes.

The cast who’d be working inside and aren’t running ride control or on break will still be working. If the downtime is expected to be lengthy the cordon is pushed out to primarily stop guests having to walk to the entrance to be turned back. It also stops a crowd gathering outside of the entrances.

disnyfan89

I feel like those two effects randomly work, or at least I’ve seen the steam in the last year once or twice... the hawk has only been rumored to work. No eyes on the prize.

It's my understanding operations actually disables the steam for the comfort of the cast working next to it. Aka hot steam on a hot day isn't great for cast moral...

DisneyCane

It's my understanding operations actually disables the steam for the comfort of the cast working next to it. Aka hot steam on a hot day isn't great for cast moral...
It's been a few months since I've been at AK but what CM stands behind the last row of seats and close to the track regularly?

Seabasealpha1

I personally think they should gut ‘er And redo it to be more like the DL version only a bit bigger... when TRON opens, it’ll throw into strong contrast how bad a state Space Mountain is in... in fact, I question why they would throw something so prominent and new and modern in next to Space Mountain? Can two giants like that share a single land and not get compared? I don’t think so... it’s gonna be awkward.

fngoofy

I personally think they should gut ‘er And redo it to be more like the DL version only a bit bigger... when TRON opens, it’ll throw into strong contrast how bad a state Space Mountain is in... in fact, I question why they would throw something so prominent and new and modern in next to Space Mountain? Can two giants like that share a single land and not get compared? I don’t think so... it’s gonna be awkward.

I would like them to gut it and replace with the same track layout, but twice the size. Go to one track and keep the exact same layout, just have everything be twice the size. Keep the cars single wide but make the trains twice as long.

azox

I look forward to having both in the same area as it means getting on space mountain will be that much easier.

If they do anything to space mountain, I hope it's only to retrack the ride using todays technology to smooth out the current layout and remove the brakes and to fix all of the broken sounds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom