Space Mountain Down

jaxonp

Well...Happy Valentines day to you too sir. :angelic:

And I went back but I don't like sifting through back and forth banter of nothing but "it's this", "no it's that" because I don't know who to follow at that point and it gets very annoying.

Welcome to the internet. Full of hot heads, insiders, experts, professional hot air blowers and loyal like-everything-you-post posters, because why not. It doesn’t matter the topic, these personalities exists on every type of forum. And of course the same topic comes up over and over which is annoying but apart of the game. Some people forget that there are other opinions than their own and that’s what makes the forums go round and round. And also I heard, shockingly, that space mountain was down.

KBLovedDisney

Space Mountain was Down, the Yeti is down...
b8zc2.jpg

Bender123

I was being extremely SARCASTIC about the monorail expansion

You don't say? I could have never guessed(<-sarcasm)...Give me some credit, if you have been on this board for as long as you have been and not figured out how dumb those rumors are, ten I also have some great bridges and swampland to sell you.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I rode it in A mode a bunch of times when it first opened. It was obviously a better experience but you still passed by pretty quickly. Having it in B mode takes it from an A+ ride to an A- ride. It doesn't make it terrible, it was just really cool when he worked.

The ride was also better when the steam effect worked, and when the falcon worked. But who needs those pesky little details, most guests don't even notice or care if they aren't working, right Disney? :rolleyes:

jaxonp

The ride was also better when the steam effect worked, and when the falcon worked. But who needs those pesky little details, most guests don't even notice or care if they aren't working, right Disney? :rolleyes:

I feel like those two effects randomly work, or at least I’ve seen the steam in the last year once or twice... the hawk has only been rumored to work. No eyes on the prize.

MrHappy

Well...Happy Valentines day to you too sir. :angelic:

And I went back but I don't like sifting through back and forth banter of nothing but "it's this", "no it's that" because I don't know who to follow at that point and it gets very annoying.
*goes into thread about Space Mountain, sees 3 pages of posts, says 'forget that, I'm jumping in with Yeti commentary*
Fair enough. ;)

matt9112

The Readers Digest version is they blew it on the shoulder joint. It wore faster than they anticipated and it was believed that an increased maintenance schedule would fix the issue. The problem was the maintenance was so hard to do that what was done did not even meet the original schedule let alone the increased one. When it all came to a head, the finger pointing began and no one wanted to flip the bill for the fix.

Fast forward to today and we have perpetual disco yeti.

why not just slow down movement vs stl period? slower wear?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So space mountain was down all day at magic kingdom yesterday while I was there and the app says it remains down this morning as well. Has anyone heard anything pertaining to this? Have never seen an attraction down two days in a row unless for refurb.

How did I get on it at 6:00 pm then?

It might as well be closed...along with all other popular rides. Here's the reality...there are 30+ long lines for fast pass...the standbys are at a dead stop with 2-3 hour posted waits and hardly anybody in them.

That's your walt disney world on a Tuesday/Wednesday in feburary.

I have zero expectations...but if I did? Wow...these would be hell trips. Studios had 2 hour standbys for the 3 main rides by 10 minutes after opening today and there's little else available in the park...and you're not there for the ambience.

They don't need to raise prices to limit attendance...the decline in the experience is going to do it on its own if it gets any worse.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everest is not a completed ride without the yeti...that's how it was designed and you can't take away one of the key ingredients and have a complete ride.

I've seen people say "it's still a GREAT ride without the yeti"...

...no...it's just a moderately amusing one. Nothing without the yeti makes it more than a six flags steel coaster.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom