Space Mountain Down

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, I know it works fine. Like you said, there was some poor engineering. If they were actually going to correct the issue, some of the mountain would have to be taken apart and the platform/foundation would have to be reinforced. From what I know, there's a crack more toward the base.

:banghead:

Have you found the information on the Horizons sink hole as well?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, I know it works fine. Like you said, there was some poor engineering. If they were actually going to correct the issue, some of the mountain would have to be taken apart and the platform/foundation would have to be reinforced. From what I know, there's a crack more toward the base.
Again, no.

The foundation is just fine.

The AA is the problem.

None of the mountain would have to be taken apart. It would not even have to be shut down for more than a few days at worst. It has actually been suggested that the entire repair could be done during third shift. The repair is essentially remove yeti, install new one.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
91-oy-vey-e1496597971138.jpg

180º

Actually yes. I do apologize for having a family friend who was involved with the construction/imagineering of Everest. And no, unlike some people, I don't believe internet clickbait.
If you must insist on this dubious information, it may be wise to double check with said friend and clarify where the structural integrity is compromised. You've been refuted by two of our most trusted insiders and they are far from internet clickbait.

Chef Mickey

The Readers Digest version is they blew it on the shoulder joint. It wore faster than they anticipated and it was believed that an increased maintenance schedule would fix the issue. The problem was the maintenance was so hard to do that what was done did not even meet the original schedule let alone the increased one. When it all came to a head, the finger pointing began and no one wanted to flip the bill for the fix.

Fast forward to today and we have perpetual disco yeti.
Such a shame because it really made Everest a top 5 ride all time. With Disco Yeti, it drops it significantly. Still an incredible (Pre-Iger) attraction.

jaxonp

Then you’re their target audience.

It’s stupid. 99% of the people on this board didn’t ride it when it worked. I did. Probably 100 times. Was it better, sure, did it make the ride. Not a all. Disney isn’t going to fix it. Just like they’re going to keep mucking up Epcot. Is what it is.

Buried20KLeague

It’s stupid. 99% of the people on this board didn’t ride it when it worked. I did. Probably 100 times. Was it better, sure, did it make the ride. Not a all. Disney isn’t going to fix it. Just like they’re going to keep mucking up Epcot. Is what it is.

Consider me part of the 1%. And we disagree. Greatly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom