Space Mountain Down

DisneyCane

Did you ride it with Yeti in A Mode? So many have not. It completely changed the ride.

I rode it in A mode a bunch of times when it first opened. It was obviously a better experience but you still passed by pretty quickly. Having it in B mode takes it from an A+ ride to an A- ride. It doesn't make it terrible, it was just really cool when he worked.

TrojanUSC

It’s stupid. 99% of the people on this board didn’t ride it when it worked. I did. Probably 100 times. Was it better, sure, did it make the ride. Not a all. Disney isn’t going to fix it. Just like they’re going to keep mucking up Epcot. Is what it is.

It was an awful lot of hype for an effect you saw for all of two seconds. Would have been better to have the train break in front of the Yeti to allow you to really soak it in for a second before quickly accellerating away (like you do with the projected Yeti). Obviously wasn't designed like that though.

KBLovedDisney

Ok, I want to get to the absolute bottom of it.

I have too seen the videos and programs saying that the Yeti is fixable but the foundation is not and vice versa, same with the engineer who designed the darn thing. I don't know who is right and what facts are correct.

What is the correct answer here @marni1971 ?

Please provide links to back up answers.

(Sorry, I know this is annoying as all get out but I am frustrated. I want truths pretty please.)

jaxonp

That’s not the point.
Of course it isn’t but there are literally millions of things Disney fans find time to complain about. This one is very silly and I’m just over it. Keep on if it makes your day better but in the end what’s the point? Disney doesn’t fix show elements that break? This is not news and any of us could come up with plenty of abandoned show effects for just about every attraction. Just a few days ago you were talking about now defunct effects on TOT- Which were great and all but I don’t here anyone saying tower is in B mode..

jaxonp

I rode it in A mode a bunch of times when it first opened. It was obviously a better experience but you still passed by pretty quickly. Having it in B mode takes it from an A+ ride to an A- ride. It doesn't make it terrible, it was just really cool when he worked.

Exactly.

TiggerDad

I have too seen the videos and programs saying that the Yeti is fixable but the foundation is not and vice versa, same with the engineer who designed the darn thing. I don't know who is right and what facts are correct.

(Sorry, I know this is annoying as all get out but I am frustrated. I want truths pretty please.)
The thread is literally only three pages long and @marni1971 has already given you the answer, and other posters have provided the links. It's only three pages long. Lift a finger and read.

jhastings74

This thread is kind of like that old 'Telephone Game', where it starts off as one thing, then as people add to it, it ends up something entirely different.

Person 1: "Space Mountain is down", whispers to...
Person 2: "Great Mountain is down", whispers to...
Person 3: "Wait, Mountain is down?", whispers to...
Person 4: "Wait, Mountain was down?", whispers to...
Person 5: "A Mountain was down", whispers to...
Person 6: "A-Mode was down", whispers to...
Person 7: "B-Mode was down", whispers to...
Person 8: "B-Mode is dumb", whispers to...
Person 9: ...

But, that's why I read these threads in the first place. :)

Chef Mickey

Yeah, it knocks it down significantly from a top 5 attraction all time. It didn't have to be a long experience to have a significant impact. That was part of the impact..." WAS THAT?"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Let’s just say the foundation looked fine when I last saw it. Which wasn’t that long ago.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

The thread is literally only three pages long and @marni1971 has already given you the answer, and other posters have provided the links. It's only three pages long. Lift a finger and read.
Well...Happy Valentines day to you too sir. :angelic:

And I went back but I don't like sifting through back and forth banter of nothing but "it's this", "no it's that" because I don't know who to follow at that point and it gets very annoying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom