Space Mountain Complete with Green Screen Effect

As some of the other posters stated....the ride seems much much darker right now. I rode it twice today and it was hard to see my hand infront of my face. I rode it after the refurb and it wasn't NEARLY this dark. They must have done some tweaking

ChrisFL

Premium Member
As some of the other posters stated....the ride seems much much darker right now. I rode it twice today and it was hard to see my hand infront of my face. I rode it after the refurb and it wasn't NEARLY this dark. They must have done some tweaking

I don't mean to disagree with you, but another reason why that might be is it takes up to 5-10 minutes for our eyes to adjust to different light conditions. If you were just outside on a bright day and then got on SM right away, things would feel a lot darker, than if you were on the ride at night when you weren't exposed to bright light.

Here is an update pic from OU's twitter:

http://twitter.com/Orlando_United
http://img110.yfrog.com/i/3td.jpg/

sm-1.jpg

tirian

Original Poster
I don't mean to disagree with you, but another reason why that might be is it takes up to 5-10 minutes for our eyes to adjust to different light conditions. If you were just outside on a bright day and then got on SM right away, things would feel a lot darker, than if you were on the ride at night when you weren't exposed to bright light.

Yeah, but it takes at least five minutes to walk through the queue and load. The daylight theory doesn't mean much after you've waited in line.

Also, I rode it at night. The star lights have definitely been adjusted. :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nice. Finally.

The ride will always appear darker now thanks to the duel parcan-like blast of the onboard photo flash. Talk about bad positioning.

tirian

Original Poster
Nice. Finally.

The ride will always appear darker now thanks to the duel parcan-like blast of the onboard photo flash. Talk about bad positioning.

Yes, but as you descend toward the bottom and pass the lights, they no longer project directly against a support. Just a few weeks ago, you could still see the track even after the camera flash. The little adjustments make a big difference. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The background of the images shown on the screens. I don't know why, but I assumed that since they had painted the walls green they would use it to project some cool images into the screens. :confused:
You can`t see on the pics, but the backgrounds are indeed images of Mercury Peak, Crater Caverns etc.

They just washed out on the photo. I`d have like the background behind the screens themselves to be more interesting, but with this project we`re lucky they found the flatscreens to steal from middle managements offices and still don`t have the banner.

Juliaz3

Oh. :lookaroun

Yeah, that's the whole TTA for me. :shrug:

Where there once was life, and theme... silence.

:zipit:

:( I love that part of TTA, and when I took my husband to MK, we rode TTA so he could see the inside of Space Mountain and build anticipation for his first ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom