News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Madame Medusa

I'm not trolling even though my suggestion was sarcastic. I just don't have time for the restaurants that normal people can't even see and it's gotten even more ridiculous with the dining plans and how obsessive people get with the food they eat. They plan that out more than they do what rides they're going to do! But like I said, I would like to be able to walk in and see the views from space.

ProfSavage

I said I'll never eat there because it seems to be the exclusive type of restaurant I'm describing. I guess i should have elaborated more, but it is incredibly frustrating.

I don't see what's so shocking about someone wanting to discuss more announcements in one day than we've gotten in the last fifteen years combined, but okay.

I guess it's okay for everyone to hate the amazing Guardians and Mickey rides just because they've been here longer :rolleyes:

Or because we know nothing about these rides other than their names, few details (for one of them) and a few pieces of art that is akin to Imagineering dangling something shiny in front of us. I have flashbacks to when Avatar was announced...

mm121

the fact this will be run by the people of Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs, is a total turn off

tried to eat at morimoto once at DS, and it was over a 2 1/2 hour wait even though the place was EMPTY

which means they only staffed it for the reservations, which is TOTALLY LAME, especially when tons of people were waiting,

we opted not to, so cant comment on food quality

mm121

Yummm! :p

1200px-ISSSpaceFoodOnATray.jpg

all for the low low price of $49.99 a person plus 20% gratuity and tax

Madame Medusa

Or because we know nothing about these rides other than their names, few details (for one of them) and a few pieces of art that is akin to Imagineering dangling something shiny in front of us. I have flashbacks to when Avatar was announced...
And Avatar opened to stellar reviews across the board, so that's a good sign.

ProfSavage

And Avatar opened to stellar reviews across the board, so that's a good sign.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

That's you, missing the point (in case you needed a word-painting). Avatar was announced four years before ground was ever broken, seven before it officially opened, and it took us almost 2 years to get any concrete art or details. Even then, it was scant and we relied on our insiders here to give us full details - of which were constantly changing. So yeah, my point still stands. We are getting announcements and art without any details.

Basically the announcements were this:
tumblr_ol0rbqxlrL1qa4l1ko3_540.gif

And I'm done. I don't feel like getting kicked off these boards. Again.

mic-drop-gif-7.gif

Madame Medusa

While I do agree some things should go up faster than they will (Ratatouille and Tron clones), it's very clear Disney is moving faster to build new things than they have in decades. They're too late after so many years of being lazy so its frustrating that we have to wait, but they're serious about it now. We should be getting something new every year for at least the next 8-10 years. That clearly hasn't been the case lately.

New Fantasyland and Pandora took so long because they were the first phases when they finally decided to get their act together. They probably announced them too soon, but they had to prove they were doing something to counteract Universal's expansions.

Star Wars land, Mickey, and Guardians certainly won't take 7 years to construct.

mm121

While I do agree some things should go up faster than they will (Ratatouille and Tron clones), it's very clear Disney is moving faster to build new things than they have in decades. They're too late after so many years of being lazy so its frustrating that we have to wait, but they're serious about it now. We should be getting something new every year for at least the next 8-10 years. That clearly hasn't been the case lately.

New Fantasyland and Pandora took so long because they were the first phases when they finally decided to get their act together. They probably announced them too soon, but they had to prove they were doing something to counteract Universal's expansions.

Star Wars land, Mickey, and Guardians certainly won't take 7 years to construct.
star wars is going to take a long long time

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So you would say that everything major before the 50th has now been announced, but additions will go beyond the 50th? I'm just trying to plan when to go....this is difficult!
Almost everything proposed WDW-wide for opening before October 2021 has been announced.

There's as many proposals, if not more, for WDW beyond that date.

Mike S

tyTc1Nl.jpg

That's you, missing the point (in case you needed a word-painting). Avatar was announced four years before ground was ever broken, seven before it officially opened, and it took us almost 2 years to get any concrete art or details. Even then, it was scant and we relied on our insiders here to give us full details - of which were constantly changing. So yeah, my point still stands. We are getting announcements and art without any details.

Basically the announcements were this:
tumblr_ol0rbqxlrL1qa4l1ko3_540.gif

And I'm done. I don't feel like getting kicked off these boards. Again.

mic-drop-gif-7.gif
I think some of this stuff is closer than you think. Especially things like Mickey and Gaurdians which make use of existing buildings.
Almost everything proposed WDW-wide for opening before October 2021 has been announced.

There's as many proposals, if not more, for WDW beyond that date.
Good to hear.

CaptainAmerica

I'm not trolling even though my suggestion was sarcastic. I just don't have time for the restaurants that normal people can't even see and it's gotten even more ridiculous with the dining plans and how obsessive people get with the food they eat. They plan that out more than they do what rides they're going to do! But like I said, I would like to be able to walk in and see the views from space.
So what's your suggestion exactly? That Disney open uninteresting restaurants that nobody cares about just so it's easier to get a reservation?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom