News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

DisneyDefenders

After a visit to Kennedy Space Center earlier this year and lots of searching, I was very surprised that no where in the Space Coast or nearby Orlando area had a space themed restaurant, and the closest you could get to a space themed resort was an old cheesy looking space shuttle bed at a low cost hotel. With SPACE X ramping up launches on the way to Mars and NASA getting ready to launch their new vehicle, it is awesome that Disney is solving the issue with what was lacking in the area with the Star Wars resort AND the Space Restaurant, plus an awesome update to a fun astronaut mission experience! Thank you Disney!!!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My concern. Gotg and a hulked up MS makes me think that there is a transformation to a larger space based area. TT already has overplayed with more modern/futuristic. So where does this leave SSE? I have a weird feeling that we are going to see SSE change from a history of communication to a non specific IP based thrill ride of some form or fashion.
I don't think they can convert everything to space. They just added a 3rd theater to Soarin so that's not going anywhere and the aquarium will likely stay too. I think SSE is safe for now. I really just think they through in that stuff about space to explain how GoTG fits in EPCOT.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So where exactly is this going?

Looks like it is going here.

upload_2017-7-16_11-12-28.png

AndyS2992

'Seamless' wouldn't make sense in the vacuum of space. A huge single window would have to be ridiculously thick.
There's that but if they were really going for realism then they'd have to incorporate zero gravity in the restaurant too. :p Now that would be something worth visiting for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom