South Jersey / Philly Area Lunch Get-together

TAC

tiggerific418 said:
Its not so much the drive to Barnegat that I mind as it is finding the time to actually take that drive there (not to mention i'll be in full blown Post-Disney Depression by then, i get home the 3rd)...

Yes, but see, that's why we and others around the country have mini-meets, etc, to remedy Disney Depression. And since the place in Barnegat is having "Disney Day," it'll be an even better way to forget you have Disney Depression for a day.

No pressure or anything... :lookaroun

:wave:

SewIn2Disney

tiggerific418 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome...the place you guys are meeting in April is a bit of a hike for me (about a 45 minute drive on the Parkway)

I don't want to hear it....lol :cool:
I drive from a town near sweet jennys up to freehold (well....lakewood, close enough) to go to school three days a week. My college is in the middle of lakewood and I'm always hiking it up there.

But like TAC said, no pressure or anything........ :lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
SewIn2Disney said:
I don't want to hear it....lol :cool:
I drive from a town near sweet jennys up to freehold (well....lakewood, close enough) to go to school three days a week. My college is in the middle of lakewood and I'm always hiking it up there.

But like TAC said, no pressure or anything........ :lol:

I'm guessing that means you go to Georgian Court U...soon to be the next college that I attend (I'm on my third school in 3 years...long story)

Glad to see this is a very low-pressure thread. :lol: I'll have to see how things go when I get back...assuming that upon my return I dont go into total avoidance of all things even remotely Disney related (I've had that happen...its just too painful)...which would unfortunatetly include all of you supercool Disney people.

So what goes on at these Disney days? I gather that adults dress up...which is awesome if that is the case. Might just have to break out one of my oh-so-entertaining Disney ensembles...LOL. Not that anyone really wants (or needs) to see that. (Gee i hope im not hallucinating all of this dress up business now that ive written atleast 3 sentences about it :lookaroun )

SewIn2Disney

Go back a page or two, and I have a list of what happened at the last Disney Day.
The most important thing? They will be giving away a free Disney Vacation that day!

When will you be starting GCU? In the fall? What would your major be? I guess you'll be a Junior, or a Senior by then?
I'm a senior, dual major in Art and Education. If you do go there, you'll have to PM me, and I'll show you around campus, and we can meet up or something....it would be really cool to have a fellow Disney freak there!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
SewIn2Disney said:
Go back a page or two, and I have a list of what happened at the last Disney Day.
The most important thing? They will be giving away a free Disney Vacation that day!

Free Disney vacation? I'm always up for that! I'm going to need to find a new way to pay for these trips or else I'm going to have to start taking out loans or something :p

TiggerBW

Agreed!!!!

So how was everyone's Easter?????

TAC - Last year I went to FAC for Easter on a Saturday night and my church Sunday. This year I just went to my church. Otherwise I'd look for ya!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
TiggerBW said:

We didn't do much since we don't have any family in the area. Linda has a rabbit recipe and every year we talk about having Easter Bunny for dinner, but we've never done it.

Last year, we actually tried to buy some rabbit at the Zagara's on the Saturday before, and they said they could get some but they'd have to order it and it would take a few days. Now they're closed, so we couldn't order it this year.

We ended up going to Bertucci's.

Is anyone getting dressed up for the 16th? I might wear my ears, but I don't really have anything else. Maybe this year I'll buy some of those big white hands so I have something in the future.

TAC

TiggerBW said:
Agreed!!!!

TAC - Last year I went to FAC for Easter on a Saturday night and my church Sunday. This year I just went to my church. Otherwise I'd look for ya!

No problem. Just let me know (email is best) when you might be going to FAC, but I realize that your church is your "home church." We went Saturday night - packed to the rafters.

We had kind of a crazy Easter. My SIL had her baby Friday. Maggie Ann, 7' 7 oz, 19" My mom made her first holiday dinner since before Thanksgiving (long story - tell you both in person if you want), so I went there. My brother, his wife and their kids didn't make it to our parents house for Easter, because my nephew was sick. Like I said, CRAZY! :hammer:

I'll probably wear Mickey ears and a nice polo Disney shirt. And my wife will come, so she'll finally get to meet some Disney people who are more crazy that I am. :lookaroun

TAC

garyhoov said:
Is anyone getting dressed up for the 16th? I might wear my ears, but I don't really have anything else. Maybe this year I'll buy some of those big white hands so I have something in the future.

Thought you were going as "Eisner, the Later Years" ?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Just a little over a week! The long range forecast is looking good. I'll have to see if I can talk Linda into it.

TiggerBW

Not sure if I can go........looks like probably not and I know I"ll regret it. BUT...............I have to do report cards and I have conferences that week also! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh We'll see how much I can get done this week.
I also take Tennis lessons now at 10 so hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
What time was it again? (too lazy to go back up.......actually........too slow of a computer.)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
I can't get that map link to work, but its right on Rt 9 (they just call it Main Street).
-I'm assuming it will be the same as the last Disney day.
-It ran all day from 10-5.
-There was a local travel agency (owned by Disney...they had the red and white Disney name tags on) and they handed out travel brochures and papers, etc.
-You got a free pin and lanyard when you walk in.
-Each table gets an entry to win the Disney vacation. (But you must be present to win it.....I believe it is going to be drawn on that day)
-There was (free) Mickey cookie decorating when you were done. They gave you a huge (the size of your plate) mickey shaped cookie and let you decorate it using a table full of icings and sprinkles and such.
-The place was decked out in Mickey balloons, ToT stand up props, Disney music, etc.
-They had a few walk around characters. Grumpy was out while we were eating. (Actually, they took one look at my costume, Mickey Mouse, and asked if I could work at future Disney Days....we'll have to see. Since I made the costume myself, it's not really copywright infringments)
-There was a coloring page for kids, and when they were done they showed it to the Disney reps who gave them a small prize.
-You are encouraged to dress up (Many many many princesses/Buzz's/Incredibles there....lol)

As for the actual resturant. Its very casual, kid friendly, fairly inexpensive to moderatly priced resturant.
The menu is huge, and has everything you can imagine on it, from appetizers to sandwiches/burgers/cheesestakes/pasta/etc.
There is a huge ice cream counter (it's what they are known for) and mini golf out back. ( I don't know if it will be open yet though on April 16th)

I think that about covers it. If you have any more questions, let me know, or you can give them a call (someone else posted the number).

TAC said:
Thanks for the info SewIn2Disney! :wave:

Let's try that map again.

map link

There's the info.

Ryan has a 10 am drum lesson, so I'll probably leave here around 11:45. Shouldn't be much more than a 30 min. drive at legal speeds.

Linda has to work, so I'll probably just take my motorcycle if weather is nice (unless anyone wants to hitch a ride with me in which case I could take my car, but then I could only take 1 person).

Who else is interested? Anyone have any other conflicts, ideas, plans?

TAC

garyhoov said:
Ryan has a 10 am drum lesson, so I'll probably leave here around 11:45. Shouldn't be much more than a 30 min. drive at legal speeds.

Linda has to work, so I'll probably just take my motorcycle if weather is nice (unless anyone wants to hitch a ride with me in which case I could take my car, but then I could only take 1 person).

Who else is interested? Anyone have any other conflicts, ideas, plans?

I think Chuck has to work. So, it's you and us, and hopefully sew2intodisney, and ?

See you there!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
I think we can talk Bonnie into it. She's pretending to be a grown-up or something, but we know better, don't we?

Do you really think she'd rather be doing report cards than eating ice-cream at a Disney party?

We don't have to stay too long either. We could be home by 2, and that should leave plenty of time to play grown-up.

tigsmom

Why don't they have cool things where I live?

Now I actually thought about driving down for lunch with you guys, but I timed a trip to south jersey when we drove to Florida and well.... :(

TAC

garyhoov said:
I think we can talk Bonnie into it. She's pretending to be a grown-up or something, but we know better, don't we?

Do you really think she'd rather be doing report cards than eating ice-cream at a Disney party?

We don't have to stay too long either. We could be home by 2, and that should leave plenty of time to play grown-up.

You're not going to stick around for the chance to win Disney trip? Oh, GOOD! Better chance for me to win it.

Mad, com'on down! It's just down the Garden State Parkway. I'll pay your parkway tolls if you do.

SewIn2Disney

Looks like I might not be able to make it. There was a family problem for someone at work, and it looks like I'll have to work. I might be able to get down there for dinner, but who knows? I'm really really sorry. I was totally looking foward to this. I'll let you know when it gets closer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom