South Jersey / Philly Area Lunch Get-together

Foolish Mortal

garyhoov said:
You realize, of course, we now have to see who can get you to curse at Sweet Jenny's

If I was able to attend, I could do this with no problem. I could make a monk who took a vowel of silence curse. My supervisors curse every day that I show up for work. Especially since my accident !!!!!

TiggerBW

garyhoov said:
Alright! I'm combing, I'm combing.

*##$#A%* %&*#$#$ pushy teachers @%$^&#

You realize, of course, we now have to see who can get you to curse at Sweet Jenny's - I bet I can catch you cursing before you catch me.:drevil:

:lol: :lol: GOOD LUCK! :p

TiggerBW

Foolish Mortal said:
If I was able to attend, I could do this with no problem. I could make a monk who took a vowel of silence curse. My supervisors curse every day that I show up for work. Especially since my accident !!!!!

Oh NO! How are you doing by the way? Did you get my private message about our last lunch?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
I can't get that map link to work, but its right on Rt 9 (they just call it Main Street).
-I'm assuming it will be the same as the last Disney day.
-It ran all day from 10-5.
-There was a local travel agency (owned by Disney...they had the red and white Disney name tags on) and they handed out travel brochures and papers, etc.
-You got a free pin and lanyard when you walk in.
-Each table gets an entry to win the Disney vacation. (But you must be present to win it.....I believe it is going to be drawn on that day)
-There was (free) Mickey cookie decorating when you were done. They gave you a huge (the size of your plate) mickey shaped cookie and let you decorate it using a table full of icings and sprinkles and such.
-The place was decked out in Mickey balloons, ToT stand up props, Disney music, etc.
-They had a few walk around characters. Grumpy was out while we were eating. (Actually, they took one look at my costume, Mickey Mouse, and asked if I could work at future Disney Days....we'll have to see. Since I made the costume myself, it's not really copywright infringments)
-There was a coloring page for kids, and when they were done they showed it to the Disney reps who gave them a small prize.
-You are encouraged to dress up (Many many many princesses/Buzz's/Incredibles there....lol)

As for the actual resturant. Its very casual, kid friendly, fairly inexpensive to moderatly priced resturant.
The menu is huge, and has everything you can imagine on it, from appetizers to sandwiches/burgers/cheesestakes/pasta/etc.
There is a huge ice cream counter (it's what they are known for) and mini golf out back. ( I don't know if it will be open yet though on April 16th)

I think that about covers it. If you have any more questions, let me know, or you can give them a call (someone else posted the number).

Thanks! Sounds fun!

Anyone dressing up?:D

TAC

garyhoov said:
I'll dress up as Michael Eisner if you dress up as Roy.:lol:

TAC looks for pictures of Roy Disney - finds TiggerBW's picture of her and Roy.

But then, you would have to shave. :lol:

SewIn2Disney

(In reference to the map link)

Yup......that's the place!
Right on Rt. 9....you can't miss it. It's a brown and green building...looks kind of rustic, like a log cabin.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
TAC said:
TAC looks for pictures of Roy Disney - finds TiggerBW's picture of her and Roy.

But then, you would have to shave. :lol:

I was thinking I could go as M. E. "after the breakdown". I figure I'll just wear a ratty old coat and mumble to myself. . .

mumble mumble mumble JEFFREY KATZENBERG mumble mumble mumble STEVE JOBS mumble mumble mumble HARVEY WEINSTEIN mumble mumble mumble STANLEY GOLD mumble mumble mumble MICHAEL OVITZ mumble mumble mumble . . .

and then I'll just pick my nose and peee my pants.:lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Hello all...just another NJ Disney freak checking in here. I was referred to this thread after major NJ related thread drifting occured in a IASW thread earlier today. Anywho, just wanted to say hello to some other NJers...im not actually from South Jersey....its more like Central NJ since i live in Freehold (Monmouth County) but i figured id join in anyways. So, hello to all!:wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
tiggerific418 said:
Hello all...just another NJ Disney freak checking in here. I was referred to this thread after major NJ related thread drifting occured in a IASW thread earlier today. Anywho, just wanted to say hello to some other NJers...im not actually from South Jersey....its more like Central NJ since i live in Freehold (Monmouth County) but i figured id join in anyways. So, hello to all!:wave:

Welcome!:sohappy: Freehold's pretty close. Did you see the info on where we're meeting in April? That shouldn't be too far from you.

Hope to see you there!

:wave:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Thanks for the warm welcome...the place you guys are meeting in April is a bit of a hike for me (about a 45 minute drive on the Parkway) and I'd normally try and go but I already know that weekend is going to be nuts for me. Its awesome that you guys seem to meet almost every month (or so it seems...i just read through 90% of this 12 page thread) I guess i'll just lurk around here some more and try and get to know you all better. Atleast everyone here understands the Disney disease and won't think i need to be committed. I am leaving for Disney in 9 days, 0 hours, 40 minutes, and 17 seconds so I am in a full blown Disney frenzy at the moment...it's going to be a long 9 days...thats all i can say. Alright, enough of my yapping...I'm going to bed now...i think.

TiggerBW

You are so lucky! Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!!
I don't know when my next trip is........and that's a first for me. (getting married changes plans!!!!!!!!!!)

ANyway, I think that meeting place is about 40mins to an hour from us also.
For me, that is a hike like you said because i'm not a "driver." I drive, but I don't like to. :) Strange I know.
I'd rather bounce! ha ha

Anyway, maybe you can come to one of our other meets! We'd love to meet ya!

TAC

tiggerific418 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome...the place you guys are meeting in April is a bit of a hike for me (about a 45 minute drive on the Parkway) and I'd normally try and go but I already know that weekend is going to be nuts for me. Its awesome that you guys seem to meet almost every month (or so it seems...i just read through 90% of this 12 page thread) I guess i'll just lurk around here some more and try and get to know you all better. Atleast everyone here understands the Disney disease and won't think i need to be committed.

Awww....com'on down! Like TiggerBW said, I think everyone's trip down to Barnegat is about 45 minutes. But if you have other things going on, it's understandable.

Yes, we all understand the Disney sickness. Well, except for Gary's wife. :lookaroun

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Its not so much the drive to Barnegat that I mind as it is finding the time to actually take that drive there (not to mention i'll be in full blown Post-Disney Depression by then, i get home the 3rd)...the place you guys are going sounds awesome...Any restaurant that is willing to do Disney Days has to be great. Anywho, i just finished up dying Easter eggs (i kno...it's early) and made some awesome eggs.. We made a Mickey, Minnie, an incredibles themed egg, a donald duck, and we attempted a Nemo but didnt succeed...i have to go clean that all up now so i'll talk to every one later. Have a magical day.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
tiggerific418 said:
(not to mention i'll be in full blown Post-Disney Depression by then, i get home the 3rd)

I know exactly what you mean. I usually go in early to mid-December, and it's almost depressing watching the parade on Christmas . . . but if you put it in perspective, maybe it can soften the blow when you're leaving.

As you're taking that long last walk down Main Street USA as you leave, maybe you can look forward to getting together with some cool, fun Disney people in a few weeks (and you can also meet us:lookaroun ).

Think about it.

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom