Something off the beaten path . . .

Crazy4WDW1

I'm interested in what you do when visiting WDW that is unique and different from the norm for the average vacationer. I find that visiting as often as we do that we tend to do the same things over and over.

Is there a particular snack or beverage that you enjoy? A certain place to sit and just relax for few minutes or so? A particular shop that is interesting?

The Red Head

-Play mini golf at the Fantasia course across from the Swan & Dolphin. It's a fun course and a nice way to relax after a long day in the parks.

Also, there is WinterSummerland Mini Golf down by Blizzard Beach which is also really fun (and the times I was there, less crowded then Fantasia Mini Golf)

At DHS I like going to The Magic of Disney Animation (to the left of playhouse Disney) there is a little show and museum type displays on character development and also a drawing class that runs on the half hour where you can learn to draw Disney characters (a souvenier you don't have to pay for).

Upvote 0

sbkline

In the past, I generally haven't been very good at sitting still long enough to enjoy things "off the beaten path" so to speak. LOL I've been a theme park commando, rushing from one place to another to make sure I hit everything. I'm really planning on working on that on our next trip in April.

However, things that I did enjoy on our only on property stay so far, before or after our day at the theme parks, included:

sitting at the water mill at POR in the morning, while my wife is still in the room getting ready. Just sitting there enjoying the morning while sipping on some coffee, enjoying the scenery and people watching.

Sitting in the gazeebo at POR in front of the river.

Nice relaxing nightime boatride to DTD and back.

Hanging out in the hotel lobby and gift shop in the night time after our day at the theme park.

Swimming in the pool.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Take time to talk to the CM's working at World Showcase. Ask them what foods/drinks etc they recommend and then give those a try. We buy a few different things from each country and then have a World Showcase Party when we get home....usually while looking at our WDW photos/ movies. A great way to extend the trip!

Upvote 0

Mr.EPCOT

Off of the top of my head, I love to eat upstairs at the Columbia Harbour House in the section over the walkway between Liberty Square and Fantasyland. It's usually very quiet, relaxing, and a great place to people-watch.

I also love to go to Sunset Point at the Polynesian, the hill that overlooks Seven Seas Lagoon. It's nice to just sit there and contemplate the World.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

We go to Epcot (hungry) and do what we have dubbed the "World showcase buffeteria":D We start in Mexico. We grab a drink from each country and try something to eat that we've never had before. Then we find a peaceful spot, enjoy our snack, talk and people watch, then move on. We started this tradition during the F&W Fest, but we now prefer to vacation in late Nov/ early Dec and it still works. I'm hungry now:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

joanna71985

I could go on about several of the same things others have posted....but i'm a bit lazy today :rolleyes: But above all I can say ...Disney is about the details, take the time to look at all of them and soak it all in!

Here is a link with several ideas:

http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/beyond.htm

Those are good.

I look for WDW Survery Markers

http://www.wintertime.com/OH/GC/Disney/disneymarks.html

I guess my background in Civil Engineering is starting to show :D

-dave

How interesting! I will have to look for those.

Upvote 0

jt04

We go to Epcot (hungry) and do what we have dubbed the "World showcase buffeteria":D We start in Mexico. We grab a drink from each country and try something to eat that we've never had before. Then we find a peaceful spot, enjoy our snack, talk and people watch, then move on. We started this tradition during the F&W Fest, but we now prefer to vacation in late Nov/ early Dec and it still works. I'm hungry now:ROFLOL:

This is something I recently discovered. The CS restaurants in WS have really improved and the trend seems to be to continue to make them bigger and better. Great time savers too. I enjoy China, Japan, Morocco and the UK. They really need one in Italy though.

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I like sitting out on the porches at AKL in the big rocking chairs watching the animals. It's a really relaxing thing to do after a nice dinner at Boma :)

I also make sure to eat at the Columbia Harbour House when I'm in MK because it's like a secret hideaway upstairs. Seems like the majority of guests don't know there's an upstairs, so it's always a great place to take a break from the craziness outside, and I love their half sandwich and soup combo :slurp:

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great ideas! We're usually rushing around the parks when we visit. However, this trip it's just myself and my oldest son. We're celebrating his 21st birthday this trip. Mom is buying his first Fiesta Margarita!!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

That is totally fascinating! How many times have we walked over these and not even noticed??? I'll be looking for them on my next trip. Thanks! :wave:

Your quite welcome. Just remember to look up every so often when you are walking around (been there, done that, ran into the tree :) )

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom