Something off the beaten path . . .

Crazy4WDW1

I'm interested in what you do when visiting WDW that is unique and different from the norm for the average vacationer. I find that visiting as often as we do that we tend to do the same things over and over.

Is there a particular snack or beverage that you enjoy? A certain place to sit and just relax for few minutes or so? A particular shop that is interesting?

Rob562

II also make sure to eat at the Columbia Harbour House when I'm in MK because it's like a secret hideaway upstairs. Seems like the majority of guests don't know there's an upstairs, so it's always a great place to take a break from the craziness outside, and I love their half sandwich and soup combo :slurp:

Or how about the upstairs section at Pinocchio's? It's much smaller than the upstairs at CHH, but there's about a dozen tables up on the balcony overlooking the largest seating area downstairs. There's also about 4 tables outside on a balcony overlooking Fantasyland.
Just make sure to get your napkins, utensils and condiments BEFORE going upstairs because unlike CHH, there aren't any up there.

There's also an upstairs seating area at the Electric Umbrella, though the only thing to really look at is the crowds walking through the breezeway outside if you have a window table.

-Rob

Upvote 0

nicnic

We have been to disney many times, the most recent last september when our daughter was 4. Being this age she was more into things and we came across the kidcot fun stops.
I had heard about these but thought nothing of them untill we were at America. My daughter got her mask and coloured it in whilst i did a bit 'pin' shopping. Being now in the middle of WS we carried on round to Canada and found that having to find the kidcot stops, you have to go right into each of the countries, this is something we really did not do and just used to walk round the world, not exploring. My daughter had a fab time and picked something up from every country, we even did a penny press in each counrty. We of course had to go round again to do mexico-america so it took quite a while but this was the most fun we have ever had in WS and will probably make it a tradition.
We also like to get a bucket of popcorn when in MK and there are some lovely areas to sit and relax, we found one by the tom sawyer rafts but i think it's a smoking area, it was shaded and so pretty with ducks wandering and the view of the river. The oter area is down in front of the Plaza restaurant with the table and chairs, there always seems to be so much space down there!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom