Something off the beaten path . . .

Crazy4WDW1

I'm interested in what you do when visiting WDW that is unique and different from the norm for the average vacationer. I find that visiting as often as we do that we tend to do the same things over and over.

Is there a particular snack or beverage that you enjoy? A certain place to sit and just relax for few minutes or so? A particular shop that is interesting?

VT GAL

I'm interested in what you do when visiting WDW that is unique and different from the norm for the average vacationer. I find that visiting as often as we do that we tend to do the same things over and over.

Is there a particular snack or beverage that you enjoy? A certain place to sit and just relax for few minutes or so? A particular shop that is interesting?

We like to ride the TTA in the late afternoon and at night to catch up and unwind. It is the one ride that we get to really "talk" on.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We love to take time to visit the different resorts.
For example, the Boardwalk, Ft. Wilderness, etc. have extra things that you can do (bike riding, horseback riding, etc.)

My husband likes the dole whips in Adventureland at the MK.
I like to get a Mickey ice cream bar & sit & eat it.

I love to visit Tinkerbell's Treasures in the MK.

I love to sit in the rocking chairs at the Beach Club resort & relax.

I hope we'll find some more interesting & relaxing things to do this year!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

Original Poster
We love to take time to visit the different resorts.
For example, the Boardwalk, Ft. Wilderness, etc. have extra things that you can do (bike riding, horseback riding, etc.)

My husband likes the dole whips in Adventureland at the MK.
I like to get a Mickey ice cream bar & sit & eat it.

I love to visit Tinkerbell's Treasures in the MK.

I love to sit in the rocking chairs at the Beach Club resort & relax.

I hope we'll find some more interesting & relaxing things to do this year!

:wave:

One thing that comes to mind is the path that takes you from the GF to the Poly. It is especially nice at sunset!

Upvote 0

rob45

Since I fell in love with Fort Wilderness, this is my Disney trip in general. I can have a great time just hanging around the campground and kicking back. There is alot to do from fishing, to hiking, boat rentals, swimming pool, and of course relaxing at the Bay Lake beach area. I go to the parks but not every day. The last trip we rotated park days with campground days so we would not get burned out.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
There are a lot of things I do that I consider off the beaten path.

+ Every trip, we take the Sassagoula river cruise from Dixie Landings (sorry, that what it'll always be to me) down to DTD one night. Peaceful and relaxing.

+ We go for extended walk somehwhere on property at least once each trip. The last few trips have included walks 1) around the lake at DTD/SSR, 2) from DTD to OKW (unlit path part of the way), 3) from ASR to CSR and back (paved path), 4) WL to FW and back (trail from ne corner of WL to petting zoo area of FW), 5) as far around Seven Seas Lagoon as you can walk, using the monorail to fill in the gaps, etc.

+ We always spend a half-day resort-hopping. Our favorite resorts to visit are AKL and GF, but we take in a few each trip.

+ We like to rent a boat for an hour on Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon on our last day, before heading for the airport. It's a relaxing way to take one last look around.

+ Always see the Electrical Water Pageant, even if the CM's at the concierge desks in the hotel don't know what it is when I ask them for the schedule

+ At least once each trip, we try to watch a movie outdoors. Usually, this would be at the FW campfire, but we've also seen one at ASMu and one on the beach in front of Stormalong Bay

+ Not necessarily off the beaten path, but we like to sit and watch the performers all over property. If we happen upon a performance, we just stop and watch, whether we were looking for it or not. This caused us to discover Guitar Dan and the talking trash can at Rafiki's Planet Watch, a few wonderful perfomers at DHS, and of course Off Kilter at Epcot.

+ Get to a park early enough to participate in the opening ceremony. MK and Epcot openings are wonderful.

Many more, I'm sure, would come to me with more thought, but those are a few.

Upvote 0
There are so many things that we do to just relax.
At magic Kingdom we take the TTA, watch the hall of presidents, and ride the train.
Epcot, there are tons of shows to watch we always catch the ws players, and others.
DHS, IJ Stunt Spec, LMA, and other shows.
AK, im not sure
At the resorts we like to sit by the pool and just relax, if its a rainy day, we usually hop on the monorail and wait to get in the front cab. :)

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I look for WDW Survery Markers

http://www.wintertime.com/OH/GC/Disney/disneymarks.html

I guess my background in Civil Engineering is starting to show :D

-dave

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I love to take a day mid trip and walk and shop in DTD. We then go back to the resort for a non-rushing swim.
I love to ride the monorail...somehow it is soothing.
I also love to walk from the GF to PR, stroll and read the bricks. (Take the boat over to GF, first...great site and relaxing)
Something else we stumbled across by accident was at the GF...we ate there and came out just in time to see the awesome fireworks coming from the P&P Party. They even pipe in the music. Since the fireworks come from all over the park, you can really get a view of all of them...it is amazing!!
At night, I like to lay on a chair on the beach at the GF and watch the Water Pageant...so relaxing and beautiful.:)

Upvote 0

aeillill

To relax I like to:
- Ride the Peoplemovers (I just really prefer this name over TTA)
- Catch a showing of The Carousel of Progress, it's sadly pretty empty in there all the time and the air conditioning is nice on a hot Florida day. Plus it's an awesome show!
- Ride the monorails and explore the Deluxe resorts
- Just take boat rides, you don't need to be going anywhere in particular but just see where you end up, it's hard to truly get lost in WDW so it's nice to just be able to wander.
- I like to watch the different ethnic performers in EPCOT, I saw this great flute & violin (I think there was another insturment as well but I can't seem to remember) group in Norway when my mother was taking a smoking break this year.
- Sit on a bench, any bench in any park and read a book. This drives my mother nuts when I do this but I love it. All the different scents & sounds can be so relaxing.

I'm sure there's more things but this is all I can think of right now.

Upvote 0

kimmychad

we just love mickey's mart in downtown disney

Upvote 0

beachclubfan

We stayed at the beach club my last visit and I would go for a jog around crescent lake at 5:30 every morning we were there. Watching the sun come over the horizon and the quiet is something I will always remember. It was incredibly peaceful...

I know some of you think I'm crazy, but I really enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

luvmykids

Watch the American Flag be brought down at MK. Tehy alwasy have a vet/servicperson there fo rhte ceremony. Very heartwarming. We caught it by accident on our last trip...what a sight.

Also, never done it but I hear you can see the MK fireworks from restaurnat atop the Contemporary. Is it California Grill?

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member

Gotta have as many cream cheese stuffed pretzels as possible. My favorite thing in the world, sold at the Lunching Pad (under Astro Orbiter and TTA). Also can't imagine a trip to Disney without a citrus swirl.

The best place to sit is in a hammock on the Polynesian beach. There's so much to look at. You have a great view of Magic Kingdom, the Grand Floridian, and the Contemporary. You can watch the monorails go around the loops, watch the boats driving around the lagoon, even watch the Electrical Water Parade or Fireworks. I'd seriously spend hours in one of those hammocks if given the chance.

Shops? I dunno, they're all the same to me. I guess my favorites are the Emporium, Mouse Gear, and World of Disney when they're not busy.

Some other fun things to do:
-Rent a boat and cruise from Poly to GF to MK to WL to FW and back ($1 a minute).
-Walk around the Boardwalk and watching the 3 different performers. They're all amazing and hilarious. While you're there stop at the bakery!
-Play mini golf at the Fantasia course across from the Swan & Dolphin. It's a fun course and a nice way to relax after a long day in the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom