Some things you might not know about Disney...

belle15

The buildings on main street get smaller as you go toward the castle. This gives the illusion that the castle is bigger.

I don't think this was mentioned yet...if so, sorry!

belle15

Of all the AA's in it's a small world, the US is only represented by a cowboy and an indian in the final scene.

Also, rumor has it, the child who sings "and may all our wishes, come true" [or lyrics somewhere along those lines] at the end of Wishes right before the grand finale, is a child from the Make-A-Wish foundation.

fauna

Okay, most people know that the Liberty Tree has 13 lanterns to represent the original colonies, but did you know that is has concrete inside of it?
The tree was moved from another location on property, but it was so large that two holes had to be drilled in it so that it could be lifted to its current position. The cores from the drill holes were kept so that after it was transplanted, they could be replaced. Unfortunately, after they were reinserted, the tree developed an infection. The cores were removed, the infected areas were cut out and concrete was poured into the holes left behind by the tree surgeons.

And do you know which 2 part story on the Wonderful World of Disney The Liberty Tree is from? (highlight below for answer)

*Johnny Tremain*​

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The buildings on main street get smaller as you go toward the castle. This gives the illusion that the castle is bigger.

I don't think this was mentioned yet...if so, sorry!

It also gives the illusion that Main Street is longer than it actually is when entering the park and shorter when you are leaving!

Southern_Tink

Original Poster
Of all the AA's in it's a small world, the US is only represented by a cowboy and an indian in the final scene.

Also, rumor has it, the child who sings "and may all our wishes, come true" [or lyrics somewhere along those lines] at the end of Wishes right before the grand finale, is a child from the Make-A-Wish foundation.

That's a sweet one about wishes.

Here's another-
Epcot was originally intended to be part of Magic Kingdom. Most people knwo this but I thought I'd share it for those who didn't!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The hidden Mickey in the ballroom scene of Haunted Mansion was not originally an "official" hidden Mickey. Cast members moved plates to make it, but everytime Imagineers came through to check the ride, they would move the plates back to their original positions (one time they even tried to glue the plates down to prevent cast members from moving them, but that still didn't stop them). Finally, after years of this, it was added to the list of "official" hidden Mickeys.

The only official hidden Mickey is held in the left hand of the spectre in the cript on the right side near the end of the graveyard (just before the hand bricking itself inside another crypt.

The "hidden donald" pattern in the chair near the endless hallway is not official.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's a sweet one about wishes.

Here's another-
Epcot was originally intended to be part of Magic Kingdom. Most people knwo this but I thought I'd share it for those who didn't!

Actually, it was the other way around. The Magic Kingdom was the theme park draw for EPCOT the city.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Most of us know of the forced perspective that makes the second stories on Main street appear bigger than they really are....
but do you know which building uses reverse forced perspective (making the second + stories appear smaller than they are?

American Adventure pavilion

Miss Bell

The farmhouse in Living with the Land is supposed to be the same house as the inside of Carosel of Progress, which is modeled after Walt Disney's boyhood home. From the Garden Grill, you can see in the upstairs bedroom window, which is supposed to be his boyhood room.

Nebrfan

Here's one that may apply to a lot of us. Had I never been to Disney I would probably be a lot wealthier. Trip #15 comes next month.

copcarguyp71

Buy yourself the three Imagineers Guides for MK, EPCOT and DAK, they are small and cheap and very interesting. You can take them with you during a visit, they fit even into small pockets.

Do these have to be purchased on site (and if so where)? Or can you get them from online book stores? I have never heard of these but I would be VERY interested in obtaining them.

Swood35

In Epcot, they had plans of making Spain, Africa (or South Africa) and Israel pavilions.

I believe there was supposed to be a Russian pavilion too.

Also, at DHS, before everyone's favorite hat was put in :p, the central hub was actually a giant hidden mickey (my favorite one!)

mgmariel.gif

disneypearl

The farmhouse in Living with the Land is supposed to be the same house as the inside of Carosel of Progress, which is modeled after Walt Disney's boyhood home. From the Garden Grill, you can see in the upstairs bedroom window, which is supposed to be his boyhood room.

That's interesting!

Speaking of giant hidden Mickeys....the portrait room and the 2 stretching rooms in the Haunted mansion are laid out in the shape of a giant Mickey head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom