Trip Report Some people are worth melting for - A Max Trip Report

To all that come to this happy place, Welcome!

Some people (and places) are worth melting for - Florida in late May /early June to visit Disney World is one of those places
follow GIF

Yes - it is time to head south again - this time it is just Tricia and I. We need time to de-stress from a very busy few months because...

Cassie and Shane got married!!! On May 4th!!! - May the Force be with you!!

Before walking down the aisle
1E068393-1190-4958-A62F-D90A457D6CD5.jpeg

The happy couple (and proud papa)
EDE36EC1-189E-486E-B548-CD69846683CB.jpeg

The MOB and FOB
2B164ED4-3819-4158-BB88-8C2191ED2A12.jpeg

Tricia's brother's (Tom and George)
8F28F0A9-DF5A-450E-A115-240A4933F4A4.jpeg

The OG Maxwell Disney crew
D6474C4C-0213-45D6-8AC5-40909235D46C.jpeg

trying to look cool (not working)
0F028008-9E12-4C5C-96BE-3ED5946C2E36.jpeg

My sister Cathy and my niece Tori and George
8453A37B-CD4C-4D48-B9A4-ED2F99F449E3.jpeg

MC Drew - my opening speech explaining the safety rules was based on Soarin
571CD548-17B2-4839-BD2D-D3F2EDAA0712.jpeg

First dance
CAADEE15-6AD4-404D-BAAE-65AC698FEDC7.jpeg

The happy couple again
43370977-7F46-480B-A7DD-5D81C4205FF0.jpeg

We did a similar getaway in November 2019 after my older daughter Stephanie's wedding

(Yes - both daughters are married and moved out - the nest is empty!!)

Happy Napoleon Dynamite GIF

Trip Details:

Monday May 29 - Sunday June 4
Yacht Club
Flying from Toronto Canada
4 days at the parks - not visiting on the travel days or on Thursday June 1)
Plan is to do my first round of golf (only 9 holes) on June 1
Goal is to ride Tron at least once and try to do GOG again - but otherwise rides are not the priority

More to come - thanks for following along

Max

Last edited:

cgersic

I'm sooo sad that we didn't get to meet up, but you can't say we didn't try! I ended up getting the same bug that @wdisney9000 got so it was in the room for the last 2 nights for me. Covid test came back negative, and I'm finally feeling better today. Thanks for staying in touch and we'll give it another shot next time!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster

Omg!!! I seriously love this! That photo had me laughing out loud!
Zelda was very affectionate when Keith allowed her to be "off the clock" - when she was "working/training" she was very focused and obidient.

Congats to your family!!
The Falls pictures are stunning. I want to visit one day.
OMG, the Zelda pics are THE BEST!!!!
If you decide to come see the Falls just let me know when you are coming - I am a short drive away
OMG, I love these meet up pictures and Zelda is the Star! Glad your travel day went so well!
The meet up made the trip!!
Max, your blue polo shirt, with the small Mickey, is really nice. I like the more subtle styles of shirts that are sold in the parks (and sometimes, more difficult to find among the larger graphic ones.)
I like the subtle shirts so that I can wear them both in the parks and at home

Wow! Those crowds are crazy! I really thought after Memorial Day that the crowd levels would drop. Have a great day in the bubble and riding
MK was busy - the rest of the parks were manageable.
Just arrived and loving every minute of your TR!
Glad you followed the live portion
Love the meetups!
me too!!
Loving your meet ups!
me too!!
ove the Vader shirt. 😁 Hope you hit 'em straight yesterday.

Enjoy DHS!
They went reasonably straight considering they were a rental set - really good Taylor made clubs - just took awhile to get used to them
Hope you enjoyed the Disney links!
Love that you got to meet up with magician friends at Tambu Lounge!
Meeting Tu, Em and Keith at Tambu was a hightlight of the trip
Love the Ironman tshirt! Enjoy your last park day!!
Thanks for noticing it!!
Too bad you had to skip out on Fantasmic last night, but it looks like you had a great time with @wdisney9000 .:) We always try to end our last park day at Epcot. Hope you had a magical last day!
We missed out on Fantasmic and could not find Mando and Grogu - the two dissappointments of the trip
Wow, you had so many meet-ups on this trip, very cool :) and Congrats and all the best to the newly married couple.
Thanks!!!
Such a beautiful balcony view! Safe travels home. I've enjoyed following along
It was a great view and I really miss it
Thanks for sharing your trip! Hope you and Tricia have safe travels home!
Travel home was OK - slight delay but nothing major
Thank you for your trip comments and photographs. :)

Bet you'll miss that nice garden and water view, from the balcony. Happy that you and your family had fun on vacation, and I wish you all a safe flight back home.
Miss the view already!!
Safe travels! I can't wait to hear all the details!
more details coming
How can it be that your trip is coming to an end? Time flies... Thanks for sharing your TR. It was great!
they always go faster than you want them to!
Great view! safe travels.
thanks Chris
I'm sooo sad that we didn't get to meet up, but you can't say we didn't try! I ended up getting the same bug that @wdisney9000 got so it was in the room for the last 2 nights for me. Covid test came back negative, and I'm finally feeling better today. Thanks for staying in touch and we'll give it another shot next time!
We tried but did not succeed - next time!!

will start the full report soon - stay tuned!!!

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok - it is time to start the full trip report

I normally only do this method - but on this trip I did a few updates along the way because of the meetups with friends.

And that was what this trip is all about.. I started off with this

"Some people (and places) are worth melting for - Florida in late May /early June to visit Disney World is one of those places"
olaf GIF

As most of you probably figured out this trip had little to do with theme parks and rides - and everything with meeting people who I have had a relationship with for years on this Trip Board"

Olaf said it right - some people are worth it
Worth dealing with heat , humidity, thunderstorms..
And Planes, trains, automobiles...
And yes paying more for less value of a vacation.

Those people now who they are - and now I have met some of them - I can only hope in the not so distant future to meet the others from this magical place where we people hang out (which does not make us magicians right @wdisney9000 !)

But I digress,
Larray GIF by The Streamy Awards

Day 1 - Monday May 29 - yes - I travelled on your Memorial day!!

We woke up at stupid o'clock ( 1;15am for me) so that we could catch our 6:15 flight to Altanta (and then to MCO)

Funny (and fortuitous) story
Back in the fall I was cleaning up my work desk and found my notebooks from my Japan travel in 2016-17
Inside I found my list of program numbers ( Aeroplan, Hilton, Bonvoy, and Delta)
I had completely forgot about the Delta Sky miles so I logged in (2017 password still worked!) and found I have 128,000 miles to use
Found money!!!
money bill GIF

Now Delta is not an airline I will use for personal travel so I decided to use almost all of them...

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Office

We ended up getting Delta Comfort Plus - which is more legroom, earlier boarding and dedicated overhead storage - which truly is a plus these days!

Arrived at Pearson airport took this required picture at 3:10am
E08E49D8-414D-4E15-A5B7-69AEF4770E6A.jpeg

No big issues with checking in or security and we were on our plane at 5:38am
4BB0FE91-E80A-4213-A429-AD27D702AEBC.jpeg

We landed in Altanta airport in Concourse D and took the train to Coucourse B to meet some special people who were heading home today
This was a pic of a plane (not our plane) near the Sam Adams lounge (taken at 8:35am)
B1C0544E-C286-4CCB-B802-BD8D9630E84B.jpeg

These two wonderful people met us a few min later (@lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek )and we shared a drink ( it was 5 o'clock somewhere in the world!!)

4067FAC6-41FE-474E-BF11-B045118424DB.jpeg

We talked about everything - our shared love of Disney and Disneyland in Anaheim in particular
Their love of cruise ships (which due to motion sickness we do not have) and almost everything else you can think of.
Great people!
I have been DM'ing Sean for over 5 years - the number of times he has called me a hoser and made fun of milk being sold in a bag is too many to mention.
We hung out for over an hour! Here they are taking time out there busy lives - so gracious !
Here is to hoping for more meetups - maybe even in Cali one day!!

We had a good discussion about the merits of Popeyes Chicken vs Chick fil A.
Sean was pretty adement about Popeyes superiority and thought I was going to a concourse that had one.
Alas we had to settle for...
AD004269-CBF8-4E61-8F11-D01C1800C235.jpeg

D2D88914-2D29-4AE7-A475-2363714ED4DC.jpeg

and of course I am joking - I liked the chicken sandwich here very much.

Made our way to the gate and our plane was waiting

CE0A0884-6EEC-4637-B57C-E5709921ECBF.jpeg

Boarded cleanly and had a good second leg of the journey
8B5E0BCC-3007-4A39-8421-46C93C5382FA.jpeg
A3C0681D-67EF-4E5A-AC30-020CE4262DB0.jpeg

Next up : the second magic meetup in an airport!!

Max

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ok - it is time to start the full trip report

I normally only do this method - but on this trip I did a few updates along the way because of the meetups with friends.

And that was what this trip is all about.. I started off with this

"Some people (and places) are worth melting for - Florida in late May /early June to visit Disney World is one of those places"
olaf GIF

As most of you probably figured out this trip had little to do with theme parks and rides - and everything with meeting people who I have had a relationship with for years on this Trip Board"

Olaf said it right - some people are worth it
Worth dealing with heat , humidity, thunderstorms..
And Planes, trains, automobiles...
And yes paying more for less value of a vacation.

Those people now who they are - and now I have met some of them - I can only hope in the not so distant future to meet the others from this magical place where we people hang out (which does not make us magicians right @wdisney9000 !)

But I digress,
Larray GIF by The Streamy Awards

Day 1 - Monday May 29 - yes - I travelled on your Memorial day!!

We woke up at stupid o'clock ( 1;15am for me) so that we could catch our 6:15 flight to Altanta (and then to MCO)

Funny (and fortuitous) story
Back in the fall I was cleaning up my work desk and found my notebooks from my Japan travel in 2016-17
Inside I found my list of program numbers ( Aeroplan, Hilton, Bonvoy, and Delta)
I had completely forgot about the Delta Sky miles so I logged in (2017 password still worked!) and found I have 128,000 miles to use
Found money!!!
money bill GIF

Now Delta is not an airline I will use for personal travel so I decided to use almost all of them...

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Office

We ended up getting Delta Comfort Plus - which is more legroom, earlier boarding and dedicated overhead storage - which truly is a plus these days!

Arrived at Pearson airport took this required picture at 3:10am
View attachment 722719

No big issues with checking in or security and we were on our plane at 5:38am
View attachment 722720

We landed in Altanta airport in Concourse D and took the train to Coucourse B to meet some special people who were heading home today
This was a pic of a plane (not our plane) near the Sam Adams lounge (taken at 8:35am)
View attachment 722721
These two wonderful people met us a few min later (@lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek )and we shared a drink ( it was 5 o'clock somewhere in the world!!)

View attachment 722722

We talked about everything - our shared love of Disney and Disneyland in Anaheim in particular
Their love of cruise ships (which due to motion sickness we do not have) and almost everything else you can think of.
Great people!
I have been DM'ing Sean for over 5 years - the number of times he has called me a hoser and made fun of milk being sold in a bag is too many to mention.
We hung out for over an hour! Here they are taking time out there busy lives - so gracious !
Here is to hoping for more meetups - maybe even in Cali one day!!

We had a good discussion about the merits of Popeyes Chicken vs Chick fil A.
Sean was pretty adement about Popeyes superiority and thought I was going to a concourse that had one.
Alas we had to settle for...View attachment 722723
View attachment 722725
and of course I am joking - I liked the chicken sandwich here very much.

Made our way to the gate and our plane was waiting

View attachment 722724

Boarded cleanly and had a good second leg of the journey
View attachment 722726View attachment 722727
Next up : the second magic meetup in an airport!!

Max

Woohoo! I’m in for the full report!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1 cont'd - May 29
Arrived at MCO around 2:30pm and started looking for the next Trip Reporter on my list
But where is she ??
6CB500C0-AC35-4F4D-99F1-0FF0C389C6A1.jpeg

She told me she would be leaving the resort around 2pm to go to the airport?

I looked everywhere I could think of
B69D66AE-34E5-4CD3-B057-F332C15A847D.jpeg

I needed more information but got no help
510798BE-12C1-4210-A085-E903B7C0FEFF.jpeg

Where are you @Darstarr ??

Oh - you are flying out of Tampa you say!

Not meant to be - as it turns out she was meeting @wdisney9000 while we were picking up our luggage at MCO
Apparently I was supposed to already be at the resort??

1686441906592.png

And then she hit the road to Tampa!

So Close Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

We went to pick up our rental vehicle - the line was way too long and way too slow
Then we had a few navigational issues...
Confused Survival GIF by Four Rest Films

We did not get to the resort until 4:45pm
5686E6B4-6B76-44E8-8A8F-664A23EFB129.jpeg

We were home - this is my favorite WDW resort - third stay at the Yacht Club for us
66DF9582-821E-4F5C-A244-D6A5AB0A6A25.jpeg

7B7FA257-8F65-4CD0-910A-D8214C9DB0C2.jpeg
DACED757-B4A2-4724-AE53-57761E0D5069.jpeg

Room pics but @wdisney9000 did it better in his report and ours rooms were pretty much the same (except the level!!)
B6349CFA-ADC9-42D8-8404-3D123F24C584.jpeg

We did get a good view @Tuvalu

FF99124C-FCF3-4882-9DAA-39DB760B759F.jpeg

Next up - must - find - food!!! and meet another friend!

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1 cont'd - May 29 - the quest for fire (and food) and to meet someone special

We left the resort on a quest - checked the walkup list and found that Trattoria el Forno was only 20 min
It would take 10 to walk there so we added our name

Wait was minimal - Tricia shopped in the Green Door store ( did I get that right @Tuvalu ?)

Here are a few pics from dinner - T had a salad and a gluten free pizza - I had a shrimp pasta
Everything - including the drinks and rolls - was great
52246FE8-F539-4EDA-B3DF-7CEA761C8AAE.jpeg
B745FE48-7B3C-4558-95E9-C5CA862812FE.jpeg
AD6DA6D3-BBCE-4035-8492-D0DF88EFDE6E.jpeg

Went back to the Yacht and T was done - she headed off to bed - but I pushed through to meet someone in the Ale and Compass lounge

Apparently he and Zelda were looking for me in Canada!
1686441374351.png

But we finally met up and enjoyed a drink, some story telling and of course - Zelda!
FB8BE5C1-5E05-4254-AAD8-1F470C91FE7D.jpeg
D33B5701-978F-4BB9-BA82-D37C0A935651.jpeg

It was probably the most comfortable meeting I could have ever imagined.
As @wdisney9000 mentioned in his report we have been messaging for about 3 years
I was trying to tell him to
let it go GIF

as his posts and TR titles keep getting him in trouble with the mods

It truly was a kindred spirit moment - two guys that share a brain and a love for all things Disney

And with him and I both staying at the Yacht Club it was time...
Lets Go Break GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I left after one - totally beat after being up for 20 hours and totally forgot to pay for my drink!!
I left him with the bill!
cheap natalie tran GIF

I apologized the next night - as this totally the Canadian thing to do at that point

Canada Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Next up - Day 2 in Epcot and beyond!!

Max

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 1 cont'd - May 29 - the quest for fire (and food) and to meet someone special

We left the resort on a quest - checked the walkup list and found that Trattoria el Forno was only 20 min
It would take 10 to walk there so we added our name

Wait was minimal - Tricia shopped in the Green Door store ( did I get that right @Tuvalu ?)

Here are a few pics from dinner - T had a salad and a gluten free pizza - I had a shrimp pasta
Everything - including the drinks and rolls - was great
View attachment 722764View attachment 722765View attachment 722766

Went back to the Yacht and T was done - she headed off to bed - but I pushed through to meet someone in the Ale and Compass lounge

Apparently he and Zelda were looking for me in Canada!
View attachment 722781
But we finally met up and enjoyed a drink, some story telling and of course - Zelda!
View attachment 722767View attachment 722768

It was probably the most comfortable meeting I could have ever imagined.
As @wdisney9000 mentioned in his report we have been messaging for about 3 years
I was trying to tell him to
let it go GIF

as his posts and TR titles keep getting him in trouble with the mods

It truly was a kindred spirit moment - two guys that share a brain and a love for all things Disney

And with him and I both staying at the Yacht Club it was time...
Lets Go Break GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I left after one - totally beat after being up for 20 hours and totally forgot to pay for my drink!!
I left him with the bill!
cheap natalie tran GIF

I apologized the next night - as this totally the Canadian thing to do at that point

Canada Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Next up - Day 2 in Epcot and beyond!!

Max
Looking up and seeing you walk in that first night as you gave us a big wave was TRULY a highlight of my trip! Even Zelda could sense the emotions of the moment and got excited.
We could have sat there for hours and talked, but we were both definitely pretty tuckered out, and Zelda as well. I think she fell asleep lol.

Glad you enjoyed the side car! C can't wait for us all to.have one together!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Not meant to be - as it turns out she was meeting @wdisney9000 while we were picking up our luggage at MCO
Apparently I was supposed to already be at the resort??

1686441906592.png
This was such an awesome moment to pull up and see @Darstarr welcoming us! Would have been even better if we had all been together, but there will be more trips!

C and I met D and Big Tone a few years ago as we strolled thru the Boardwalk lobby and she saw us.

We are so grateful that she flagged us down and invited us to her room for a drink, which turned into us all going for drinks at Baseline..., meeting Mel Gibsons brother, several other odd couples and then me getting blacked out by end of the day 😬😁 But C and D took good care of me and we made a friend for life!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom