Some did you knows:

Tinkerbella16

* Did you know that there is a trashcan every 50 feet in the Magic Kingdom. When Disneyland opened, Walt gave out pieces of candy to the kids and he would follow behind them to see how long it would take to drop the candy wrappers on the ground.

I asked this question when I took the Keys Tour and my tourguide couldn't believe that I knew that...and he confirmed it was TRUE!

* Did you know that when walking down Main Street USA towards the Castle, you are really walking on an incline. Main Street was designed so that when you walked up Main Street, everything seems bigger...when in reality everything is a little smaller than ya think.

Ckaitlin16

Did you know?

Did you know that if you stand in front of Morocco in Epcot that you can acctually see ToT in HS? It was painted to look like it fit in with the county instead of acctually another park.

Did you know that Disney has more costumes then the US Military?

Did you know That between all of the Disney parks they have the second largest marine fleet?

Did you know that Disney could start its own army?

Did you know that the center of Epcot is marked by a Mickey head smaller than your hand?

Did you know that Test Track has a soda club on top for GM employ's?

Did you know that you can get a free cookie at the land if is your first time anniversary or birthday?

Did you know that it would take the same amount of time to walk from Epcot to HS/MGM in the same amount of time it took to wait for a bus get on and finaly get there?

Did you know that most of the change thrown into the fountins at the parks go to either Animal Kingdom to save more animals or to the Wildlife Foundation?

Did you know that Mission Earth has over 30,000 triangles on it and all of the dimensions are diferent? Did you no that the circles between the triangles catch rain water and disney recycles it?

Did you know that builders never "finished" the backside of MT.Everest at Animal Kingdom?

I think thats all I have for right now but if I find out anymore when I go to WDW on tuesday I'll post 'um up. :wave:

PLeyava

* Did you know that when walking down Main Street USA towards the Castle, you are really walking on an incline. Main Street was designed so that when you walked up Main Street, everything seems bigger...when in reality everything is a little smaller than ya think.

You're close. Main Street is on an incline because when Guests first arrive to the park, you have energy and you are excited to go on rides so going up the incline is easy. (you also go over a Utilidoor). And, at the end of the night, when you're tired, you are doing down hill, and that makes the walk out of the park easier on our Guests. That's the truth on the incline.

The buildings on Main Street by the castle are of a smaller height than the buildings by the train station. This is a forced perspective that makes the castle look bigger, it's an eye trick. That's the truth on that.

PLeyava

Did you know that if you stand in front of Morocco in Epcot that you can acctually see ToT in HS? It was painted to look like it fit in with the county instead of acctually another park.

Did you know that Mission Earth has over 30,000 triangles on it and all of the dimensions are diferent?

It's Mexico, if you're by Morocco, the pavilion covers it and and you're closer to DHS then, so you cannot. Stand in Mexico and look towards Morocco, there you go.

SPACESHIP Earth has 11,234 triangles. Different dimensions? I don't know, maybe?

Ckaitlin16

It's Mexico, if you're by Morocco, the pavilion covers it and and you're closer to DHS then, so you cannot. Stand in Mexico and look towards Morocco, there you go.

SPACESHIP Earth has 11,234 triangles. Different dimensions? I don't know, maybe?

Spaceship Earth(I stand corrected lol) Does have over 30,000 and they are different dimensions. I work at the Gift Stop under it so I have to know these things otherwise the guests would show me up. And yes I know I got the name wrong but I was probably out of it that day or something.

Rob562

I believe the trivia fact about the SSE triangles is that they're not all the same size, not that they're all different sizes... (There's a subtle difference between the two statements)

-Rob

KingStefan

Spaceship Earth(I stand corrected lol) Does have over 30,000 and they are different dimensions. I work at the Gift Stop under it so I have to know these things otherwise the guests would show me up. And yes I know I got the name wrong but I was probably out of it that day or something.

It is 11,324, not 11,234, and certainly not over 30,000.

foreverbelle

did you know........ that if you hurry after the gates in magic kingdom open you can go to tink's treasures > outside of peter pans flight.... if you are the first person you get to wake up tinkerbell!!!!!!!
i <3333333 tinkerbell!!!!!

no I did not know this. but thats kind of cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom