Some did you knows:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Reading this thread has made me very disappointed by the attitude of some on here, if you feel this thread is beneath you and you know all the facts, don't make some stupid comment just to increase your post count. :zipit:

For those who have made sensible comments, I am sorry you have to read this.

I haven't read any stupid comments. :shrug:

BTW, this forum has ASSIGNED moderators, I don't think we need any volunteers. :wave:

Captain Hank

No I didn't, please elaborate. Is this some kinda of color changing paint, or light projection or just a gradual color change actually painted on the floor?
I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it's based on the reflection of light off of the surface. The floor itself is grey, but based on the angle of light reflection from where you're standing, you'll see a gradual gradient from pink to green. It's kinda cool, and often overlooked.

Walk the Walt

did you know that there two hidden mickey on splash mountain , the bobber , and in the briarpacth if u look right when ur dropping u can see a branch curled up, and did you know in space mountain this did come as obeous to me i thought it was cool , that there is no roof when ur bording the space rocket and the shooting stars are the rockets

CoffeeJedi

... that Splash Mountain is an extended flashback sequence with Br'er Frog taking the place of Uncle Remus?

When we first meet him, he's dozing off in a rocking chair, and his grandchildren ask him to tell them the story of Br'er Rabbit. He begins by saying it was "back when everything was satisfactional...." The very first AA character we meet is then Br'er Frog, only now much younger and greener.

raven

did you know that there two hidden mickey on splash mountain , the bobber , and in the briarpacth if u look right when ur dropping u can see a branch curled up, and did you know in space mountain this did come as obeous to me i thought it was cool , that there is no roof when ur bording the space rocket and the shooting stars are the rockets

Did you know that those aren't the only Hidden Mickey's in Splash? When you finally enter the "Laughing Place" (bottom of the building before the large lift), look to your right for a rope hanging from the roof by the turtles. The rope actually forms a Mickey. Mickey is also seen in a cloud formation laying on his back in the scene with the paddlewheel boat. There are more but you'll have to find them yourself!

As for no rook when you board Space Mountain...come on. I saw this when I was 8 years old. *yawn*

DizWrldTeam5

Did you know...

Did you know that in pirates of the caribbean (in disney world) that most people think the right line queue is for fast pass but its not! :hammer:Me my and my family did it every time we rode it last summer, they never told us we couldnt go that way or anything it has a lot of twist and turns in it too, its fun.

tinkgymnast

did you know........ that if you hurry after the gates in magic kingdom open you can go to tink's treasures > outside of peter pans flight.... if you are the first person you get to wake up tinkerbell!!!!!!!
i <3333333 tinkerbell!!!!!

Were those items taken out of Astroworld at some point. I dont remember the Matterhorn or Jungle Cruise type attractions at all the last time I went years ago. Its all a big open field now.....

Hey HakunaMatata!
I worked for Astroworld for a summer and did multiple reports on it. Do you remember the mountain in the back corner of the park? It used to be home to the Batcave until it was condemned and then they just left it up as theming. Well that used to be the Alpine Sleigh Ride. A "high speed ride through the mountain." Not exactly Matterhorn quality but enough to be considered a rip off I guess. Actually, don't take my word for it. Check out the pictures i'm attaching and you be the judge

Also in the other corner of the park was XLR-8. If you ever looked down out of your car on XLR-8 there was what looked like a creekbed snaking along underneath. This was the home of the River of No Return. The ride featured twelve 30 passenger boats complete with a live tour guide. Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of this one. But it was a total rip off as well.

Unfortunately I didn't get to ride either one of these but i've read alot about them and they sound to me like ripoffs. But then again, Astroworld never in its history lived up to Disneyland's standards. Now as HakunaMatata said, its just an open field. RIP Astroworld 1968-2005

For more info I recommend this site www.sixflagshouston.com

Photos borrowed from www.sixflagshouston.com

Attachments

• sleighs1.jpg
    sleighs1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 105
  • sleighs2.jpg
    sleighs2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 103
  • sleighs3.jpg
    sleighs3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 95
  • sleighs4.jpg
    sleighs4.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 108

orleans97

Did you know that the Haunted Mansion has 999 ghosts? :lookaroun

Did you know that the Tower of Terror drops you faster than the speed of gravity?

Did you know that if Rockin' Roller Coaster launched and Tower of Terror dropped at the same time, then the whole park would have a black out?

That's all I got. :wave:

Did you know that actually you are not dropped but pulled down in TOT.Faster then gravity's pull.

MouseWorshipper

Did you know that...

...on opening day of DisneyLAND, the theme park budget was so tight that Uncle Walt had to decide between operating the bathrooms or the water fountains? (He, of course, chose the former.)

...Camp Minnie-Mickey in the AK is based on a campsite in the Adirondack Mountains in New York?

...at Flame Tree Barbecue, the chairs are decorated with predators and the tables have paintings of their primary prey so that when you sit down your link in the food chain is apparent?

...despite claims that the attraction is mostly powered by the solar panels atop it, Ellen's Energy Adventure only gets 15% of the energy that it consumes from those panels?

And lastly, did you know that soon you will be able to capture a ghost from the Haunted Mansion on your cell phone to take home with you?

col

in animal kingdom they dont sell straws or balloons!!

same goes for the animal kingdom lodge.

this is because they can cause harm to the animals.

Captain Hank

Did you know that the name of the Tempo Grab & Go is a reference to the original planned name of the Contemporary Resort: Tempo Bay?

jonnyc

And you always want to go to the line for the track on the left because the big drop about 3/4 through the ride is much steeper than the right track.

I always go right because i thought the drop about 3/4s of the way was steeper. Can anyone clarify this? :hammer:

badrew

Did you know that the flags atop several of the buildings on Main Street USA are not real American Flags - they are lighting rods with flags that do not have 50 starts on them - so they do not need to be taken in at night or during inclement weather.

Rob562

Did you know that the flags atop several of the buildings on Main Street USA are not real American Flags - they are lighting rods with flags that do not have 50 starts on them - so they do not need to be taken in at night or during inclement weather.

To be specific, they're American flags with 48 stars on them, but your explanation it correct. While it's not the law, the code of conduct for displaying the flag says that it should be taken down in the rain, and if flown at night, it should be illuminated.

The flags on Disney watercraft also only have 48 stars for the same reason.

The only official 50-star US flags flown outdoors (as far as I know) are in Town Square and on top of the Wilderness Lodge. And those are raised every morning and taken down every evening. I don't know about flags at Hall of Presidents and American Adventure.

-Rob

ewensell3

in animal kingdom they dont sell straws or balloons!!

same goes for the animal kingdom lodge.

this is because they can cause harm to the animals.

Actually, they provide paper straws.

Also it's the same reason they do not have lids on drinks.

You'll notice the same at just about every zoo across the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom