Trip Report Solo: A Disneyland Story - My first trip by myself!

Alright, I won't get too into it, but there's been a lot of rough stuff in my life the last several years. Depression, anxiety, family member deaths, family members battling (and surviving) cancer, issues with school. A bunch of stuff.

But, I'm graduating soon. I have, with plenty of therapy and counseling, gotten too a very liveable and manageable point with my mental health. Family member health is stable and safe.

Life was dark for a while, but I've made it out the other end and things are looking bright.

After saving up for about a year, I've finally got to the point where I can take my dream solo trip to Disneyland! My first time since 2005 when I was nine years old.

It's gonna be a real budget trip, but I'm so excited! I made it work and I can do it!

I'm in the airport now ready to fly across the country!

Today is a travel day, then I have four park days, then a travel day to take me back home!

1547978232374-2055139032.jpg

Next time I see the sun, I'm be in the air!

TheOriginalTiki

There's a giant pile of vomit in front of Captain Kidd's. I kid you not. I was considering trying it for dinner just because it's become a running gag kinda. But nope. I'm good lol

OMG, that's legitimately an amazing bad omen haha. Just don't. No running gag is worth that haha.

Also please be careful wandering around Harbor after dark. The area can get unbelievably sketchy as the night goes on :)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
OMG, that's legitimately an amazing bad omen haha. Just don't. No running gag is worth that haha.

Also please be careful wandering around Harbor after dark. The area can get unbelievably sketchy as the night goes on :)
Good to know. I'll keep my wanderings to the main stretch and with a full phone battery

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Had dinner at Pizza Press (basically Blaze pizza but gimmicky). It was delicious and very filling. Got to load it up so much meat and cheese, but I also had spinach on top. So it's basically a salad. Healthy dinner.

Got menus from a bunch of places for future cheap, yummy meals. Mimi's looks really good. Glad you guys recommended that one. Probably gonna be tomorrow night's dinner.

Now to rest at the hotel until fireworks. Then probably head to sleep not long after the fireworks end so I can rope drop tomorrow.

Does Disneyland do a special rope drop show like wdw does?

TwilightZone

Had dinner at Pizza Press (basically Blaze pizza but gimmicky). It was delicious and very filling. Got to load it up so much meat and cheese, but I also had spinach on top. So it's basically a salad. Healthy dinner.

Got menus from a bunch of places for future cheap, yummy meals. Mimi's looks really good. Glad you guys recommended that one. Probably gonna be tomorrow night's dinner.

Now to rest at the hotel until fireworks. Then probably head to sleep not long after the fireworks end so I can rope drop tomorrow.

Does Disneyland do a special rope drop show like wdw does?
Have never been to DL's rope drop, but I believe we do! I know that we have a strange event where mascots just start marching into main street, so that's close enough if we don't. : P
Edit: We, because home park. Don't work there. If I did, you would know if I liked Mission Breakout or not!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom