Trip Report Solo: A Disneyland Story - My first trip by myself!

Alright, I won't get too into it, but there's been a lot of rough stuff in my life the last several years. Depression, anxiety, family member deaths, family members battling (and surviving) cancer, issues with school. A bunch of stuff.

But, I'm graduating soon. I have, with plenty of therapy and counseling, gotten too a very liveable and manageable point with my mental health. Family member health is stable and safe.

Life was dark for a while, but I've made it out the other end and things are looking bright.

After saving up for about a year, I've finally got to the point where I can take my dream solo trip to Disneyland! My first time since 2005 when I was nine years old.

It's gonna be a real budget trip, but I'm so excited! I made it work and I can do it!

I'm in the airport now ready to fly across the country!

Today is a travel day, then I have four park days, then a travel day to take me back home!

1547978232374-2055139032.jpg

Next time I see the sun, I'm be in the air!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Following along. I've never been to Disneyland, but I have been to WDW a number of times, either with friends or family, or quite a few times, solo. Solo trips are fun--a different type of experience from going with others (those were also good trips). In other words, each experience was different, but always had a good time.

So, enjoy!

TheOriginalTiki

You're going to have a blast! One of the nice things about Disneyland is that unlike WDW, it's VERY possible to see literally every single thing the resort has to offer including outside the park stuff in four days. You can pretty much walk from one side of the property to the other in about 20 minutes. It's a totally different beast from WDW. I think I'm always going to prefer solo trips. There's something just so freeing about being able to wake up in the morning and be in complete control of the day. I'll never forget my first trip to WDW on the first night Epcot was open until like midnight for extra magic hours but my grandma wanted to leave before 9PM because we'd already been at the Magic Kingdom all day. Because of that the only times I got to actually experience Epcot that trip were a couple brief night time visits to just ride a couple things in Future World and a single full day in the park which was so packed we couldn't properly explore the Showcase and instead had to jump from country to country rapidly, completely skipping stops like China along the way. Solo trips cut that nightmare scenario completely out of the equation. ;)

I did a full day last month at Epcot JUST walking around the Showcase eating, drinking, and taking in the entertainment. Parks that lean more on exploration than attractions like Epcot and DAK lend themselves so much better to being able to be explored at your own pace without the pressure of other people pushing you in different directions.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You're going to have a blast! One of the nice things about Disneyland is that unlike WDW, it's VERY possible to see literally every single thing the resort has to offer including outside the park stuff in four days. You can pretty much walk from one side of the property to the other in about 20 minutes. It's a totally different beast from WDW. I think I'm always going to prefer solo trips. There's something just so freeing about being able to wake up in the morning and be in complete control of the day. I'll never forget my first trip to WDW on the first night Epcot was open until like midnight for extra magic hours but my grandma wanted to leave before 9PM because we'd already been at the Magic Kingdom all day. Because of that the only times I got to actually experience Epcot that trip were a couple brief night time visits to just ride a couple things in Future World and a single full day in the park which was so packed we couldn't properly explore the Showcase and instead had to jump from country to country rapidly, completely skipping stops like China along the way. Solo trips cut that nightmare scenario completely out of the equation. ;)

I did a full day last month at Epcot JUST walking around the Showcase eating, drinking, and taking in the entertainment. Parks that lean more on exploration than attractions like Epcot and DAK lend themselves so much better to being able to be explored at your own pace without the pressure of other people pushing you in different directions.
I'm excited! I've never done a solo "trip" before, but having done the college program I have a lot of experience with doing WDW parks solo and I love it.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Very thrilled for you, PI. Maybe I’ll schlep down to Disneyland and say howdy.
Let me know if you do! Other than a nap when I get to the hotels, i have no plans other than the parks and maybe trying weed since it's legal in California for recreational use and I've never done it and feel like it's a right of passage to try in college, but I'm not the type of guy to do anything illegal. So, perhaps a small brownie or something might be interesting, though not a priority and i probably won't.

Bottom line, my schedule is flexible other than park time lol

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
*books flight for Disneyland immediately* ;)

I have no idea where you'd actually buy edibles in the area, but I can say from experience that Disneyland in an altered state is a wonderful, WONDERFUL thing without going into any details :p
Lol if I got anything, I'd be too nervous to try to sneak into a park with it. I'd just get giggly watching Game Grumps in the hotel

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That happens on the freeways. No one sings at LAX.
Ah, if my shuttle ever gets here then hopefully I'll get to see that lol

Any particular plans for where to eat...I'll just casually drop this here as a suggestion ;):p
right-across-from-disneyland.jpg
I've been warned to avoid that place like the plague. Mostly because it's a good place to catch the plague.

Honestly, probably whatever is closest to the hotel and cheap for my first meal. I haven't eaten more than airplane pretzels, a pop tart, and a gogurt since I got up at 3:30 WDW time. I'm starving lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom