SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Ember

I leave a week too early...My last day is May 21. So sad today...

But then I remember that my 2012 trip ended the day before the "official" grand opening of the other parts of New Fantasyland. And on that trip we ate at Be Our Guest, went through the Enchanted Tales with Belle, and rode the Little Mermaid ride *multiple* times...all before any were officially opened. So...hoping for a similarly magical experience in a few weeks.
That makes me feel better. Thanks :)

MiddKid

Logged on to flip my placeholder FastPass for mid June to the Mine Train. The site is crashing like crazy. Throwing errors that my party doesn't have FastPasses, reload and they do. Throwing numerous "try again" errors. Finally got through and selected SDMT...try again, try again, try again...select time...try again, try again, try again...never got any confirms.

Eventually I logged out and back in. Now it shows 5 of my party of 7 has the FP, 1 still has the old placeholder FP, and 1 has disappeared. Trying to fix it...constant errors.

Chat for tech help...39 minute wait.

Curious if this has brought the in-park system to its knees too.

Bugdozer

Logged on to flip my placeholder FastPass for mid June to the Mine Train. The site is crashing like crazy. Throwing errors that my party doesn't have FastPasses, reload and they do. Throwing numerous "try again" errors. Finally got through and selected SDMT...try again, try again, try again...select time...try again, try again, try again...never got any confirms.

Eventually I logged out and back in. Now it shows 5 of my party of 7 has the FP, 1 still has the old placeholder FP, and 1 has disappeared. Trying to fix it...constant errors.

I am hearing it has. Kiosks are not working apps not working and in some cases I have been told they are handing out paper fast passes. They maybe should have rolled out being to book 1 week out at a time to slow the mobs.

wdw71fan

I'll be there Thursday as well. Short trip to fla with only 1 day for WDW. Here's to wishful thinking.

maybe they should have spent 1.5 instead of 1.4 billion..

HeatherWatson

I am hearing it has. Kiosks are not working apps not working and in some cases I have been told they are handing out paper fast passes. They maybe should have rolled out being to book 1 week out at a time to slow the mobs.

Can't wait to arrive to this mess tomorrow! Wonderful timing!

ETA: I'm sorry for straying from the "soft opening" topic. My bad. I'm just a little stressed right now with finishing packing and other preparations for heading to WDW tomorrow. Adding MDE crashing to the day before has me on the verge of a panic attack as I'm a planner and not a fan of leaving things "up in the air." Again, sorry!

Last edited:

MickeyRN

I leave a week too early...My last day is May 21. So sad today...

But then I remember that my 2012 trip ended the day before the "official" grand opening of the other parts of New Fantasyland. And on that trip we ate at Be Our Guest, went through the Enchanted Tales with Belle, and rode the Little Mermaid ride *multiple* times...all before any were officially opened. So...hoping for a similarly magical experience in a few weeks.
Habuma! You just gave me so much hope! We leave on the 25th and I'm hoping to catch a break and get on this ride!

Falconfan

I will be at MK on May 4th-night, 6th-all day, and 7th-day. I was really hoping it would be open, but if I see any sign of a soft opening I will update. If anyone hears of anything for these dates, please post as well. This late Spring opening may pay dividends for Disney for those of us who planned a May trip thinking it would surely be open. I know I will want to return sooner rather than later if I do not get to ride this trip.

AshaNeOmah

So is anyone there today? What is happening post-dedication?

I was there from noon till 9 PM today. Plenty of riders, but was told it was all media and higher ups. No AP, DVC, or guests. I'm going home Monday afternoon so I'm hoping to be possibly surprised Monday morning. I doubt it but we'll see...

RSoxNo1

Fastpass+ only appears available for selection on the website, not the app. Also, no availability for 5/21-6/1. Availability does exist on 6/2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom