SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

twebber55

I agree to an extent, but Disney does what Disney wants! We thought by going in late May we would for sure be ok, well we missed the official opening by 1 stinking day!!! Talk about disappointed! I really hope we can get a soft opening ride for my 9 year old son.
i would think you would still be able to ride it if you re only missing it by 1 day..it should be fully operational by then

DrewmanS

Well our last Day at the Magic Kingdom is scheduled for May 26...should it be close to fully open by then? Still find it hard to believe they will not have this open for 24 hour Magic Kingdom day on the 23-24!!???
It could be open, the point of soft openings is that no one is promising it will be open. If they don't have any issues, maybe it will be open during the 24 hour event as a 'stress test' but that is pure speculation.

JoeT63

To me, this is the biggest PR fumble by Disney. Why in the world would you keep everyone in the dark for so long? Just so everyone can see tons of "not so special" media and their families ride all day yesterday, and now drag it out for almost another month? I understand there may be technical issues and training that still needs done, but why couldn't they provide more information earlier? While I get that most people are thrilled about this ride, it has become a huge let down for anyone traveling this month who though for sure it would be open by now. A lot of people I'm sure are angry/frustrated/sad right now... (me included, I will be there next week)

I hear ya, and I'm one of them. But I'm basically a sunshine-pumper, so I see this as a massive opportunity for some of the good ol'-fashioned Disney magic. I'll me in the MK on 5/11 and 5/14...let's make it happen!!

i would think you would still be able to ride it if you re only missing it by 1 day..it should be fully operational by then

I hope you are right! We really want to have a chance to ride this one! Going to be a few years until we get back (when my 1 year old is like 3 or 4). By then my 9 year old will be close to a teenager...yikes! :)

DrewmanS

To me, this is the biggest PR fumble by Disney. Why in the world would you keep everyone in the dark for so long? Just so everyone can see tons of "not so special" media and their families ride all day yesterday, and now drag it out for almost another month? I understand there may be technical issues and training that still needs done, but why couldn't they provide more information earlier? While I get that most people are thrilled about this ride, it has become a huge let down for anyone traveling this month who though for sure it would be open by now. A lot of people I'm sure are angry/frustrated/sad right now... (me included, I will be there next week)
The only reason you are angry/frustrated/sad now is because you read these blogs and "insider information". Disney has always said the ride would open Spring 2014. That has not changed. Now on May 2 they have announce the ride officially opens May 28.

If you or anyone else planned a vacation before today with the intent of riding 7DMT, then you should have scheduled it for the Summer or Fall.

A big PR fumble would have been announcing an official date 3 months ago and then postponing it. Even if there were construction delays or internal target completion dates were missed, from an external perspective the ride is opening as promised (assuming something does not happen between now and May 28).

JoeT63

The only reason you are angry/frustrated/sad now is because you read these blogs and "insider information". Disney has always said the ride would open Spring 2014. That has not changed. Now on May 2 they have announce the ride officially opens May 28.

If you or anyone else planned a vacation before today with the intent of riding 7DMT, then you should have scheduled it for the Summer or Fall.

A big PR fumble would have been announcing an official date 3 months ago and then postponing it. Even if there were construction delays or internal target completion dates were missed, from an external perspective the ride is opening as promised (assuming something does not happen between now and May 28).

We need a support group.

"Hi, I'm Joe and I'm going to WDW too soon to ride the new thing."

"Hi, Joe!"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That would have been known internally at ground breaking surely.

The decision to switch from the M&G's to the Mine Ride was likely made before ground was broken, but the ride was not ready to start construction at that time since it was still in the design phase. Actual construction of the mine ride didn't start until almost a year and a half after groundbreaking on the rest of the expansion.

Point taken, but you can't tell me that Disney internally doesn't intend to take advantage of social media buzz (including forums like this one). They certainly want people talking about it and getting excited about it. Letting so much inaccurate information fester out in the wild can get people upset, when the silence from Disney was deafening.

Figmentation

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!!! hehehe...

I know right!?
I'm doing a solo trip next week, my parents are going on Memorial Day Weekend.. she was so upset that I got a email invite. :eek:

Still.. I hope there are SOME Soft Openings going on while I'm there.. I can only hope.

habuma

I leave a week too early...My last day is May 21. So sad today...

But then I remember that my 2012 trip ended the day before the "official" grand opening of the other parts of New Fantasyland. And on that trip we ate at Be Our Guest, went through the Enchanted Tales with Belle, and rode the Little Mermaid ride *multiple* times...all before any were officially opened. So...hoping for a similarly magical experience in a few weeks.

I had exactly the same experience with the soft opening(s) of NFL in 2012 (Ate at Be Our Guest, rode Little Mermaid, visited Enchanted Tales even though none were 'officially' open) and strongly suspect there will be lots of postings very soon from lots of people who get a 7DMT ride long before the official opening on May 28--possibly starting this weekend or early next week. The 'official' opening, as has already been mentioned, only means that Disney is promising the ride will be fully operational on that date. Rejoice, we are even now in that long-awaited soft-opening period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom