SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Now this thread has to stay on topic for those of us who are the unlucky ones who are coming just before the official opening.
Please post soft opening updates here...let's hope they start them up in the next few weeks.

DisneyGirl3820

Ok, I have wiped my tears away, lifted my head off the table and collected myself after hearing the news yesterday. Today is a new day and as we know from the past, Disney is full of surprises. After they run out of "higher-ups," AP holders and media, what are they going to do with an empty ride for a few weeks. You can only "test" it for so long and Disney will want to get the public's take on it.....Here's hoping for a VERY soft opening by the 13th :angelic:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ok, I have wiped my tears away, lifted my head off the table and collected myself after hearing the news yesterday. Today is a new day and as we know from the past, Disney is full of surprises. After they run out of "higher-ups," AP holders and media, what are they going to do with an empty ride for a few weeks. You can only "test" it for so long and Disney will want to get the public's take on it.....Here's hoping for a VERY soft opening by the 13th :angelic:

They will probably have a few weeks of soft openings so you have a good shot. If not you have something to look forward to on your next trip:). Good luck. I hope you get to ride.

Disneyhead'71

Redoing some of that fancy rock work.

Chroniq

So this is kind of on topic- Once they announced the official date fastpass+ would be available for 7DMT yesterday, the entire system crashed. Like crashed, crashed. We were at Animal Kingdom and you couldn't access fastpass+ from your phone. All kiosks were down. CM's told us to just enjoy the scenery. The line on KS went from 20 minutes to 120 minutes (in the rain) and they had to create an extended fastpass+ entrance queue. It was crazy. The magic band check system stopped working and they just started letting anyone through the fastpass queue. It was nuts. .. Happy to post pics if anyone cares.

Disneyhead'71

So this is kind of on topic- Once they announced the official date fastpass+ would be available for 7DMT yesterday, the entire system crashed. Like crashed, crashed. We were at Animal Kingdom and you couldn't access fastpass+ from your phone. All kiosks were down. CM's told us to just enjoy the scenery. The line on KS went from 20 minutes to 120 minutes (in the rain) and they had to create an extended fastpass+ entrance queue. It was crazy. The magic band check system stopped working and they just started letting anyone through the fastpass queue. It was nuts. .. Happy to post pics if anyone cares.
System meltdown. Hmmm....mmmmm. Haha.

I'm truly sorry you had the issues you did. But MM+ lessons learned #1143, "your meticulously planned day at WDW may be thrown into a tailspin at the whim of uberfans".

Seth7721

Yes please!!!

yensidtlaw1969

So it sounds like they've worked out the bugs.

:facepalm:

csm

Every time I see a new post in this thread, I think "Oh good! A soft opening update!" I then open the thread to instead read about everyone's vacation plans, trip count downs and FP+ bookings. Why is it so difficult to understand that a soft opening update thread is about soft opening updates - not your personal lives? There's a gazillion threads on WDWMagic that are entirely appropriate to share your trip excitement and FP+ choices. This is not one of them.

spacemt354

Chili's
Here's the latest update. 7DMT is not open to guests yet. It will open to the public on May 28th. It will probably soft open sometime between now and then. For now, there are POV videos online of the full attraction during the day and nighttime.

daktari

Hi... New guy here... It IS difficult to read a 61 pg thread when all you want to know is if a soft opening is imminent. Esp so when on site and trying to monitor the situation on your phone while at other parks. But anyways... There IS a soft opening status thread that cuts the clutter but has potentially delayed news since only mods can post there. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/soft-opening-status-seven-dwarfs-mine-train.883255/

Tonight all I saw were empty trains, but it has been a rainy nasty weekend weather wise. Last night none were running. We were chatting w a CM at dinner and it sounds like they have been told they don't get to ride it til after it opens, which was unusual compared to other openings. This CM had been there since before New Fantasyland opened, FWIW.

Take that for what it's worth. Personally I take it as hope for the best but don't expect anything before the 28th. Hope I'm wrong for those coming in the next few weeks though.

Edit: thinking it through a little more, I would take this as simply they don't know yet when they will soft open. I would guess that it's not imminent but certainly they would need to at least a few days prior to opening or else run at reduced capacity at first. Again, this all conjecture and supposition and by a novice at that :)

Last edited:

wdw71fan

Every time I see a new post in this thread, I think "Oh good! A soft opening update!" I then open the thread to instead read about everyone's vacation plans, trip count downs and FP+ bookings. Why is it so difficult to understand that a soft opening update thread is about soft opening updates - not your personal lives? There's a gazillion threads on WDWMagic that are entirely appropriate to share your trip excitement and FP+ choices. This is not one of them.

You're a real fun guy. ..

But seriously. . I get ya..

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Keep an eye on the locked thread of a similar name.

tbonestl

Testing non-stop this morning. Been hanging out in the area. Trains mostly empty, some cast members.

Attachments

• IMAG0830.jpg
    IMAG0830.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 134

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom