SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Every time I see a new post in this thread, I think "Oh good! A soft opening update!" I then open the thread to instead read about everyone's vacation plans, trip count downs and FP+ bookings. Why is it so difficult to understand that a soft opening update thread is about soft opening updates - not your personal lives? There's a gazillion threads on WDWMagic that are entirely appropriate to share your trip excitement and FP+ choices. This is not one of them.

It may be frustrating, but if your visiting soon and if your trying to keep an eye on soft openings you just have to realize that soft openings are not steady. If a soft opening happens today, it may only be for one or two days and then closed again for a few days. It could be in soft opening mode every day until you arrive and then close for a few days right when you get there. (if your visiting before official opening) Reading about it will not necessarily help you plan out your trip or guarantee that you will be able to ride if your visiting in a few days. It will either be open when you get there or not.

You can check here all day and night and it wont make one bit of difference as to the possibility of you getting to ride. It wont hurt to keep checking though, stay on twitter, MDE, DPB and FB and everything else you can think of to keep up to date, but remember, if your visiting before the official opening date, its just a roll of the dice. Taking out your frustration on members posting off topic subjects wont change a thing. Stay positive! Your focus determines your reality. -Qui-Gon Jinn

donsullivan

Premium Member
Because the media hoopla was able to occur without any sort of soft before it, so why would they need to do one now before it's opening for everyone in a couple of weeks?

These media events are scheduled well in advance to enable travel planning for all participants. For all we know they fully intended to have it ready for that event but ran it to late issues that are forcing them to delay full opening until late May. These last minute issues come up all the time on new attractions which is why they never announce an opening date until the very last minute.

I was there last night and they were indeed running trains very regularly throughout the whole time including in the rain. Most trains were empty but some had CM's onboard.

Sped2424

These media events are scheduled well in advance to enable travel planning for all participants. For all we know they fully intended to have it ready for that event but ran it to late issues that are forcing them to delay full opening until late May. These last minute issues come up all the time on new attractions which is why they never announce an opening date until the very last minute.

I was there last night and they were indeed running trains very regularly throughout the whole time including in the rain. Most trains were empty but some had CM's onboard.
What does any of this have to do with soft openings? I just said the likely hood of them happening to me seems low now. They have cast to test the ride, they already had a media event that more or less could be considered their soft, so now they adjust and fix till it's opened. I am not the only one who said this, I believe wdwfan stated folks expecting softs would be disappointed.

csm

What does any of this have to do with soft openings? I just said the likely hood of them happening to me seems low now. They have cast to test the ride, they already had a media event that more or less could be considered their soft, so now they adjust and fix till it's opened. I am not the only one who said this, I believe wdwfan stated folks expecting softs would be disappointed.

With all due respect though, you "having a feeling" also means nothing as to whether or not soft openings will occur or when.

Seth7721

I think they will definitely have a soft opening. I can't see Disney just opening it up on the 28th, to thousands of guests, if it's never had that type of stress before. How can you just go from Low to High with a big failure. Also, the cast members need to experience with real guests in and out. Empty trains are totally different from full ones.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Testing with cast isn't the same as testing with guests. Cast members are likely to behave in far less "random" ways then regular guests. Also, it seems they have not run with all the trains yet, and they haven't run with full guest load for an extended period of time. So, there is still something to be gained by running soft openings.

TTA94

If they were to do soft openings wouldn't they start them at night during MSEP and Wishes when most guests are preoccupied? lol

HRHPrincessAriel

When I was able to ride EE during soft openings it was at night right around closing.

I'm wondering how much social media is keeping them from running soft openings like they used to. All it takes is one person tweeting "OMG the que is open!!!! Jump right in line" and the line is mobbed. I'm wondering if they are going to do more of a tap you on the shoulder and say "hey you wanna try" more then anything else.

Last edited:

jrlbc06

Cast member out front (so huge grain of salt) Said no softs have happened yet and he isn't expecting until 3-5 days before.

Also said a few pieces came loose during media previews (I don't believe this lol) and that they are repairing before any softs.

Also all rolling planters that were here friday are gone now. The stroller parking area is open and full ofstrollers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom