Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

DisneyRoy

Is it just me or do those new clips not look like they move much? I don't expect a lot of movement based on the ride vehicle but something more than just sitting there! Or are there more subtle movements that you can't see in the video?

Unplugged

Looks like they're saving money by not having to program motion control as those are some flat films. :D

I'm sure (ok, I hope...but wish I could be sure) they only selected straight clips so as not to give away the flight.

djkidkaz

Is it just me or do those new clips not look like they move much? I don't expect a lot of movement based on the ride vehicle but something more than just sitting there! Or are there more subtle movements that you can't see in the video?

I'm wondering if it is due to making sure the video is crisp and clear which can be a little harder to do with a camera attached to a helicopter going 40mph with wind gusts. It also allows you to make out some of the details. The only thing I would like corrected from the original film is the scene transitions. Just fly me into clouds and back out to separate the scenes.

Goofyernmost

I can't argue with that. Now that they are here I do like the bands etc. but yes that money could have been used for some great additions and a much less depressing Space Mountain!
I think the point is that could have and would have are two different things. I have no personal way of knowing just how much extra they spent then they should have. I do know that MM+ was much more then a few perks for guests but instead a complete upgrading of a painfully old infrastructure having to do with the technology reality of a place the size of WDW. The extras whether of not they lived up to expectations is totally subjective. In other words, we don't know if the extras have paid off, but, it doesn't matter the upgrade was needed to be ready for later growth with or without those extras. Anyone that thinks that the only thing that project was about were a few "magic bands" or FP distribution are completely unable to see the much bigger picture.

When it first started we heard about a lot of problems. I'm talking big time problems. Now we hear about a few glitches here and there that would have happened even if all things were recorded by a room full of old men with visors writing it all down and keeping track on paper. I also don't believe that they are done yet with introducing many of the things that were planned for the new system. But, when you're up to your butt in Alligators it is hard to remember that your original objective was to drain the swamp. Many of those extras will happen eventually, over time.

SoarinJ53

Something about this could already be in the 97 pages that exist in this thread, but there haven't been any rumors of testing the new film as early as next, has there? I'm sure that is not the case. But I'm going next week and it is my favorite ride, so I'm super bummed to miss it!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Something about this could already be in the 97 pages that exist in this thread, but there haven't been any rumors of testing the new film as early as next, has there? I'm sure that is not the case. But I'm going next week and it is my favorite ride, so I'm super bummed to miss it!

There are rumors that it has been testing at DCA after hours for some time now, but not open to the public.

Bolt

Not for a few more months

danv3

Did anyone else think those two scenes (Sydney especially) looked computer generated? I thought the people on the Great Wall and the boats on the harbor looked kind of "off." Maybe I'm just imagining things.

Last edited:

Clamman73

At the D23 last year they showed video of the helicopter taking footage...In the video they showed, you can see it swoops down quickly along top of the wall, so there should that part where you angle down in the seat quickly during the film.
soarinworldwall.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom