Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am pretty sure they did one side at a time at DCA. This is not possible at Epcot due to the already massive wait time. Imagine the firestorm of guest complaints that would arise from Soarin' running at best 50% of normal capicity.

Soarin at DCA was closed and done all at once. This was done in conjunction with the re-do of Condor Flats, so that whole area of park was closed.

Goofyernmost

I am pretty sure they did one side at a time at DCA. This is not possible at Epcot due to the already massive wait time. Imagine the firestorm of guest complaints that would arise from Soarin' running at best 50% of normal capicity.
Would the guest complaints be any worse than it being closed entirely?
About half as many. At Epcot they have the opportunity to do the change over with zero change in capacity. I realize that this seems to easy a direction to take when we are talking about TDO. If they close it all up in Epcot, their best selling park item would be pitchforks.

Jon81uk

They just did that in California. The word for some time now has been that the new film will debut with and be briefly exclusive to Shanghai Disneyland. The link also says that 6 months is the maximum time they have heard but aren't confident about such a long time for the ride to be closed.
I've seen lots of reports that Shanghai has an exclusive on the new film. But the Shanghai park keeps getting delayed due to shoddy construction

lazyboy97o

I've seen lots of reports that Shanghai has an exclusive on the new film. But the Shanghai park keeps getting delayed due to shoddy construction
I'm not sure why that matters. Given how long ago the park flyovers were done, I would guess the actual film is already or very close to done since the intent was to have the park open by now.

Jon81uk

I'm not sure why that matters. Given how long ago the park flyovers were done, I would guess the actual film is already or very close to done since the intent was to have the park open by now.

The film is probably ready. The park isn't. And Disney has an agreement with China that Shanghai gets the premiere of the Soarin' over the World film. Once they open Shanghai they can put the film on in the USA parks. As far as I know.
But the Shanghai park is late opening so California and Epcot should have got the film by now, but can't.

Goofyernmost

The film is probably ready. The park isn't. And Disney has an agreement with China that Shanghai gets the premiere of the Soarin' over the World film. Once they open Shanghai they can put the film on in the USA parks. As far as I know.
But the Shanghai park is late opening so California and Epcot should have got the film by now, but can't.
Probably a godsend due to the fact that Epcot is no where near ready for the new film yet. Even without the additional theater, the projection situation has not been done and isn't even close at this point.

note2001

You do realize that you are actually agreeing with me, right? I am saying that the pre-show works very well. What is it you think we are arguing about? I'm lost.
I think you're both wrong. :cautious: :hilarious:
Seems to me we're in a helicopter, or more like, dangling off of a helicopter. Just like a camera.

Pre-show works fine though as a nice helicopter such as the one Disney would use would be in a hanger - agreed.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I think you're both wrong. :cautious: :hilarious:
Seems to me we're in a helicopter, or more like, dangling off of a helicopter. Just like a camera.

Pre-show works fine though as a nice helicopter such as the one Disney would use would be in a hanger - agreed.

You can't soar in a helicopter. It does not have wings to soar on. Perhaps you should simply GOOGLE soaring and see what you come up with. Soaring clubs are for glider/sailplane enthusiasts and pilots. Soaring is what you do with un-powered wings. Do you hear a motor? No. Are you laying forward on your belly? No. You are not in a helicopter or on a hang glider. You are soaring.

*1023*

lazyboy97o

Soarin' Over California is you watching a travelogue film. Disney's California Adventure as conceived was more exhibition than immersion. The film knows it is a travelogue film, thus the immediacy of the film starting and its cuts.

note2001

You can't soar in a helicopter. It does not have wings to soar on. Perhaps you should simply GOOGLE soaring and see what you come up with. Soaring clubs are for glider/sailplane enthusiasts and pilots. Soaring is what you do with un-powered wings. Do you hear a motor? No. Are you laying forward on your belly? No. You are not in a helicopter or on a hang glider. You are soaring.

*1023*
Oh boy. :facepalm: I hope your reply is just an indication that you're having a very relaxed Friday.

I apologize if I confused or even offended you somehow, which is what I'm 'hearing' in your response. The comment I made was made in fun: The film is made mostly using a helicopter, a few other vehicles I'm sure also, and the new one might even use a drone. ;)

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
You're flying a hang glider not a plane. What does a hangar have to do with hang gliding?

*facepalm*

Does the term 'the spirit of flight' mean anything to you? Try reading the stories presented and the theme.... It's about the people, their aspirations, the magic of flight. It's not about "extreme sports".

Gliding is appreciated by even fighter pilots because it's one of the purist forms of flight and the sensations it allows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom