So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Ohhh Enlight. I honestly completely forgot until you mentioned him lol. To be honest, I didn’t know too much about the game before Season Four. The only project that I remember seeing was the season 2 finale with basketbuddy and MadAboutMickey, but I didn’t know about the drama!

Didn’t Enlight come back to play a season though? I’m 1000% sure we were in a season together at some point.

I’ll only ever play the game again if I have Mater and TrevorA to form a powerhouse alliance with. 👀👀👀

Basketbuddy vs. MadAboutMickey was the season three finale, not season two. The season two finale was Jagfkb vs. Basketbuddy which Jag won out on due to his still famous Sleeping Beauty musical. I still really regret what happened with Jag. I was young at the time and we were casting season eight as an All Star season. After several key all stars including past winners dropped out due to personal obligations, I made a really dumb comment I would NEVER make today about the rest of the cast being "leftovers" or something to that extent. Jag took that really personally, dropped out, and has never been back since. That's probably the MAIN thing that I regret to this day as SYWTBAI host.

Nope, I'm 100 percent sure Enlight was never heard from again after his big confession between seasons.

I should really talk to Trevor and see if he's interested in playing. I'm still friends with him on Facebook last time I checked. Cody (Mater) I believe might still be on here. Last I heard from him he was a cast member and schedule-wise couldn't play. I'm like...half serious though in terms of paying you cash money to play haha :p

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Just checked and Trevor is no longer on Facebook as far as I can tell. Bummer :( I'll always remember one year when I was really upset about nobody writing on my Facebook wall for my birthday Trevor got all his friends to do so in mutual support of me. I know something like saying happy birthday on Facebook might seem meaningless now but at the time I really felt socially isolated from the people around me and Trevor really was the one person in my circles who cared enough to reach out like that. It still means a hell of a lot to me if I ever do get back in contact with him.

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
Ugh, why do I feel like I played against Enlight?? Either way, the drama. 👀 Awkward. But I was mistaken, it was the season three finale I remember. Lol I told you I don’t recall much before my time and I have my seasons confused, but I’m pretty sure seeing that project convinced me to sign up.

And no, no cash payment is necessary. I’ve thought about it, I really have. But I don’t know, I loved my time playing the game when I was and I feel like I left on the highest good note possible with my win and I thought it was my time to bow out lol it’s very exciting to see so many people here. I’ve honestly only occasionally poked my head into the forum every now and then, but I’ve seen it grow and it makes me happy to see so many old and new faces really putting their talents to something they love.

Also.......I MISS MEW.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Ugh, why do I feel like I played against Enlight?? Either way, the drama. 👀 Awkward. But I was mistaken, it was the season three finale I remember. Lol I told you I don’t recall much before my time and I have my seasons confused, but I’m pretty sure seeing that project convinced me to sign up.

And no, no cash payment is necessary. I’ve thought about it, I really have. But I don’t know, I loved my time playing the game when I was and I feel like I left on the highest good note possible with my win and I thought it was my time to bow out lol it’s very exciting to see so many people here. I’ve honestly only occasionally poked my head into the forum every now and then, but I’ve seen it grow and it makes me happy to see so many old and new faces really putting their talents to something they love.

Also.......I MISS MEW.

MEW's still around. He's one of my closest personal friends these days, as a matter of fact :)

Totally understandable about wanting to leave on a high note, and your final project in season seven is the definition of that. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of that project lying around for prosperity's sake, would you? I hate to admit it but we really haven't been the past at archiving past content. @JokersWild has made some attempts at it, but it's been hit or miss at best.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
That's one thing I really have to thank this game for. @MANEATINGWREATH, Monkey, and @JokersWild are pretty much my personal, in real life best friends at this point. I wish I would have spent more personal time with Jokers, but MEW, Monkey, and I have hung out countless hours in the parks together and in Monkey's case I'm REALLY close to his actual family and his mother is pretty much my second mom haha.

I've got a ton of other friends I'm personally invested in. I think it's safe to say @D Hindley and I will be hanging out again when the parks reopen at some point. For those who follow the podcast I've been able to meet up with both Sandy and Jacob Wile in person and consider them really tight personal friends. I've also got people I consider to be really personal friends I met through either this game or the Youtube channel in Vegas and Minneapolis. To this day I still struggle with my inner circle of friends here in NorCal and really only have coworkers to fall back on socially, but I'll never fret for a lack of true friends thanks to meeting up with people I've met through these forums.

@Pi on my Cake, @mickeyfan5534, I very much intend for you two to be my next real life victims, haha ;)

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
Totally understandable about wanting to leave on a high note, and your final project in season seven is the definition of that. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of that project lying around for prosperity's sake, would you? I hate to admit it but we really haven't been the past at archiving past content. @JokersWild has made some attempts at it, but it's been hit or miss at best.
I’m bummed. I don’t have anything saved from when I played. No projects at all, which is a shame because my last and final one I did for S7 was my favorite. I should have saved it somewhere, but I never did. 😭 I can’t believe that was...ten years ago I think?

I’m an old, old man now. In my day of SYWTBAI, I had to walk all the way up the hill on VF to hope I didn’t get eliminated for a horrible-sounding theme park water fountain design. We didn’t have any of these Walt’s Vault secret power contraptions the kids are using nowadays.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I’m bummed. I don’t have anything saved from when I played. No projects at all, which is a shame because my last and final one I did for S7 was my favorite. I should have saved it somewhere, but I never did. 😭 I can’t believe that was...ten years ago I think?

I’m an old, old man now. In my day of SYWTBAI, I had to walk all the way up the hill on VF to hope I didn’t get eliminated for a horrible-sounding theme park water fountain design. We didn’t have any of these Walt’s Vault secret power contraptions the kids are using nowadays.

Yea, that is a bummer about your final season seven project being lost to time. It really was a gem and actually continues to inspire me on a creative level. I vividly remember how much care you put into the prose describing the lost creatures of your attraction. You had one particular passage about how the creatures were otherworldly but beautiful at the same time that's always stuck with me as the type of outside the box Armchair Imagineering that I love to see.

JokersWild

Even the way back machine doesn’t go back far enough. The most I’ve been able to get is Season 10 and even then there’s a fair chunk of it missing....

FrontierlandFan had a ton of content on their website. I’ll have to try to dig it up again, but I don’t remember much of it being salvageable.

spacemt354

Chili's
MEW's still around. He's one of my closest personal friends these days, as a matter of fact :)

Annotation 2020-05-03 031406.jpg

This is the closest I could get for you guys via the Wayback Machine haha

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Also confirmation. Enlight totally did play the game. He played in Season Four and for third place after me and Basketbuddy, who won. I KNEW I worked with him. I checked the SYETBAI blog to reminisce.

I must be getting the username wrong then. I definitely remember Enlight from season four. The guy I'm thinking of was NOT Enlight. I actually think his name was something like "Lighttech" because he claimed to work in the lighting department of Imagineering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom