So what changes will we see at DHS GE based on DL GE?

erasure fan1

By setting the land in the ST they are then allowed to pull from all corners of canon's past.
I agree, I always have. But a couple trinkets to buy and a few things to look at don't cut it for me. Who knows, maybe force ghost Luke and yoda come help out on rise. That would be one way they could integrate OT characters. But did they? Nope. Unless its a great secret.
The shorts are one example. If you'd like one of more significance then how about Rogue One - a movie designed to make eve
And to my point, arguably the most loved scene in any Disney star wars movie, Vader wrecking shop. I don't know ANYONE who didn't absolutely LOVE that scene.
I just don't think setting the land in the ST was a mistake, I think it was the most logical choice.
As I've said, setting it in the sequel trilogy isn't the problem. It's the lack of OT elements within that. I get that the falcon is there, and when I see it I might actually cry. But adding in more elements from the OT would in no way take away from the land. It would only enhance it.
Original Star Wars fans are not the target demographic anymore.
I guess we will see how that plays out. It's a mistake in my book to not target the ones who spend A LOT on your product and have stuck around for 40yrs. Will these "new" fans be as dedicated as the OT fans? Time will tell.

Rogue1138

I agree, I always have. But a couple trinkets to buy and a few things to look at don't cut it for me. Who knows, maybe force ghost Luke and yoda come help out on rise. That would be one way they could integrate OT characters. But did they? Nope. Unless its a great secret.

As I've said, setting it in the sequel trilogy isn't the problem. It's the lack of OT elements within that. I get that the falcon is there, and when I see it I might actually cry. But adding in more elements from the OT would in no way take away from the land. It would only enhance it.

I guess we will see how that plays out. It's a mistake in my book to not target the ones who spend A LOT on your product and have stuck around for 40yrs. Will these "new" fans be as dedicated as the OT fans? Time will tell.

Then you don't want an immersive land at the parks, you want a "ride the movies" with a theme area. The Prequels, Originals and Sequels literally have gaps of 20 years in continuity. It would be like trying to do an immersive James Bond land but have Connery Bond walking around with Dalton and Craig. Not that this feeling is wrong, but for years people wanted Disney to do Potter immersion, gave it to people and Star Wars fans nitpick that they didn't get this or that.

Fans are never the target demographic for movies or theme parks. While passionate and loyal, they're also the first to eat their own (see the current state of Star Wars fandom) and fans do not make $1 billion dollar blockbusters. One hardcore fan buying 20 pieces of merch still doesn't add up to 100 people buying one thing each.

RobWDW1971

Not that this feeling is wrong, but for years people wanted Disney to do Potter immersion, gave it to people and Star Wars fans nitpick that they didn't get this or that.

And we still want the Harry Potter level immersion and experience. If the Harry Potter land opened without Hogwarts castle, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, broom flying, Quidditch, magic in the streets, Ollivanders, talking photos, Dumbledore, owls, students in robes, Butterbeer, Three Broomsticks restaurant, and the Hogwarts Express people would have been, well, as completely disappointed as fans are with SWGE.

But we did get the Falcon, an X wing, and a TIE so....

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

And we still want the Harry Potter level immersion and experience. If the Harry Potter land opened without Hogwarts castle, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, broom flying, Quidditch, magic in the streets, Ollivanders, talking photos, Dumbledore, owls, students in robes, Butterbeer, and the Hogwarts Express people would have been, well, as completely disappointed as fans are with SWGE.

But we got the Falcon and Hondo so......
The "no robes" thing is a complete stunner to me. They could easily design cast member uniforms to be distinct and set apart from everyone else without telling us we can't wear robes or even pants and a shirt together.

TP2000

I'd like to see more and or different menu items. The food they are serving doesn't look that great IMO

Food offerings and menus are one of the most noticeable differences between WDW parks and the parks that Disney operates in California. I'm sure there will be a different menu at Ronto's Roasters and the Cargo place, it's just one of those things that's always done different in WDW.

Rogue1138

And we still want the Harry Potter level immersion and experience. If the Harry Potter land opened without Hogwarts castle, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, broom flying, Quidditch, magic in the streets, Ollivanders, talking photos, Dumbledore, owls, students in robes, Butterbeer, and the Hogwarts Express people would have been, well, as completely disappointed as fans are with SWGE.

But we did get the Falcon, X wing, and a TIE so....

You can't have immersion and expect a franchise that existed over 40 years to be the same thing. You can't have Darth Vader walking around with Kylo Ren and stormtroopers hanging out with clone troopers. That's really just a tossed salad of Star Wars things. Which some people would've preferred and I get that. Now I'm not a Potter fan (don't dislike it, just apathetic) but I don't feel like Potter is all that immersive. It looks fantastic and I'm sure if you're a fan it hits that sweet spot but I never at once felt like I'm in another world.

Right or wrong, Disney tried something really unique in that instead of transplanting a known location, they built their own and added it into the narrative. So I'm not just walking around a "Best Of Star Wars" compilation, I'm actually walking around in that location that can live and breath going forward. I've lived and breathed Star Wars for the last 40 years, I'm ok with being surprised and shown something new now. The old stuff will always be there, time to do different.

erasure fan1

Then you don't want an immersive land at the parks, you want a "ride the movies" with a theme area. The Prequels, Originals and Sequels literally have gaps of 20 years in continuity. It would be like trying to do an immersive James Bond land but have Connery Bond walking around with Dalton and Craig.
??? OK, not to be a jerk but did you even read what you quoted? How would a ride that had force ghosts of luke and yoda not be immersive? No one is asking to have Anakin and Vader walking around together. So I'm guessing by your fantastical logic, if they had a force cave, where Vader, Maul or some other sith came out, that would "ruin the immersion"? Not only would it not ruin the immersion, people would love it. These are just a few obvious ways to keep immersion and have some OT flair. I'm sure the Imagineers could have come up with some great ideas but my guess is they were not given the opportunity.

eddie104

You can't have immersion and expect a franchise that existed over 40 years to be the same thing. You can't have Darth Vader walking around with Kylo Ren and stormtroopers hanging out with clone troopers. That's really just a tossed salad of Star Wars things. Which some people would've preferred and I get that. Now I'm not a Potter fan (don't dislike it, just apathetic) but I don't feel like Potter is all that immersive. It looks fantastic and I'm sure if you're a fan it hits that sweet spot but I never at once felt like I'm in another world.

Right or wrong, Disney tried something really unique in that instead of transplanting a known location, they built their own and added it into the narrative. So I'm not just walking around a "Best Of Star Wars" compilation, I'm actually walking around in that location that can live and breath going forward. I've lived and breathed Star Wars for the last 40 years, I'm ok with being surprised and shown something new now. The old stuff will always be there, time to do different.
I agree with you and honestly just think Star Wars fans are some of hardest to please and the toughest critics.

erasure fan1

I honestly think Disney just didn't properly transition from the OT characters to the new ones. Everyone knew Luke and Han would die. No one wanted a 3 part trilogy with the OT saving the galaxy again, but we just wanted those characters respected and not essentially replaced.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears.

RobWDW1971

You can't have immersion and expect a franchise that existed over 40 years to be the same thing. .

I was fully immersed in Star Tours in 1986 and continue to be today. I was immersed in both Harry Potter lands. I was immersed at the Star Trek:Experience in Las Vegas 20 years ago.

I'm actually quite easy to please.

Walking through what another poster called "a deserted movie set" has not immersed me for even a moment.

Last edited:

matt9112

Aren’t drones still on the table for Florida? Even a singular “ship” flying by every now and again would help the sense of kinetic energy quite a bit.

does kenetic energy bring some ROI my man? because as walt disney once said cash cash rules everything around me....oh wait he never said that...but its a buisness so yeah ROI.

The_Jobu

Anybody ever see this going around the internet? Financially impossible most likely, but it's fun to imagine! I don't think anyone would be able to complain:

map1.jpg

If you tell me you wouldn't enjoy eating at Palpatino's Pizzeria, I will call you a liar.

Ravenclaw78

I go on vacation and threads go right off the rails. Please try to get back on topic. Thank you.

Please let me just say again - since it was deleted along with the looooong off-topic chain that preceded it once The Mom discovered what a dumpster fire it had become - that I apologize for my contribution to this thread getting dragged so far into the weeds and will refrain from posting further on the matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom