So what changes will we see at DHS GE based on DL GE?

erasure fan1

This, some roaming droids and the sit down restaurant with a couple AA's should do it. Let's cross those fingers that it'll happen!
I would expect more "streetmosphere" and little shows for sure. I wouldn't expect free roaming droids but I would expect some droids out with their "owners" for pics and stuff. We know the restaurant is coming but it will be a ways off with Disneys building speed. I just can't see them opening WDW GE the same way DL opened.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
??? OK, not to be a jerk but did you even read what you quoted? How would a ride that had force ghosts of luke and yoda not be immersive? No one is asking to have Anakin and Vader walking around together. So I'm guessing by your fantastical logic, if they had a force cave, where Vader, Maul or some other sith came out, that would "ruin the immersion"? Not only would it not ruin the immersion, people would love it. These are just a few obvious ways to keep immersion and have some OT flair. I'm sure the Imagineers could have come up with some great ideas but my guess is they were not given the opportunity.
I wondered the same thing...but I couldn’t come up with a way to address it. My “servos overloaded”
I agree with you and honestly just think Star Wars fans are some of hardest to please and the toughest critics.
They are. They always were.

And any Hollywood mogul or conglomerate who wants to complain or act like they “didn’t know” is lying.

It’s also at the core of why the thing was the greatest money factory of modern times.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears.
Yes...and it’s where the IP failure lies. Didn’t deliver .
I was fully immersed in Star Tours in 1986 and continue to be today. I was immersed in both Harry Potter lands. I was immersed at the Star Trek:Experience in Las Vegas 20 years ago.

I'm actually quite easy to please.

Walking through what another poster called "a deserted movie set" has not immersed me for even a moment.
But you’re a gen x...which means you’re “not the target” and you’re “too old to get excited” and every other anti OT fan defense(embarrassing) for a really pathetic effort on the ST and the NT

When in reality you haven’t failed the story...the lack of story and Hollywood profit machine has failed you.

SpoiledBlueMilk

I would expect more "streetmosphere" and little shows for sure. I wouldn't expect free roaming droids but I would expect some droids out with their "owners" for pics and stuff. We know the restaurant is coming but it will be a ways off with Disneys building speed. I just can't see them opening WDW GE the same way DL opened.

I'm about 100% certan that it will open in WDW the same way it opened in DL. Disney messed up royally by opening the California location first. It might be the happiest place on earth, but DL is still a regional/commuter park. There are a significant number of AP holders who go to the park regularly. By locking them out, they cut their potential audience. Same goes with Cast Members. WDW doesn't have that as a vacation destination. They'll get the crowds they anticipated in California with the same rollout plan. Yes, they may make some slight adjustments after lessons learned at DL, but I doubt we will see any significant additions in terms of live actors or droids.

erasure fan1

I'm about 100% certan that it will open in WDW the same way it opened in DL.

Yes, they may make some slight adjustments after lessons learned at DL, but I doubt we will see any significant additions in terms of live actors or droids.
You might be right. I just don't see them not adding in some extra flair. They have the droids, so why not bring them out for photo ops. If they open 100% like DL like you say, expect the same type of reactions. I know Disney is stubborn and they know better than everyone, but do they really want the same response? It's not about GE failed or is horrible but more about making a bigger better PR splash.

drod1985

Is there any reason to believe that they ACTUALLY have droids "ready to go"?

Other than the "Jake" / "J4-KE" test droid at Disneyland...no, not that I've seen. The plug could've been pulled on them before they went into full production.

The easiest thing DHS could add to GE for opening would be some costumed characters. They should already have plenty of costumes in storage from Star Wars Weekends. Any additions further than that would probably take months to implement.

rsm

This all is very reminiscent of when the Special Editions came out:
"We spent a zillion dollars developing these high tech worlds to give fans the Star Wars experience you've always dreamed of!"
"But all I want are people walking around in rubber masks. Why did you get rid of those? I hate this now"

drod1985

Because R2 units have been out in the studios for years.

I don't think those are the droids rsm is referring to. Typical astromech style droids need an attendant/pilot. Disneyland tested autonomous droids for a while around Star Wars Launch Bay, with the assumed/rumored intention of using them in GE.

erasure fan1

I don't think those are the droids rsm is referring to. Typical astromech style droids need an attendant/pilot. Disneyland tested autonomous droids for a while around Star Wars Launch Bay, with the assumed/rumored intention of using them in GE.
But those are the droids I was referring to in my posts about them that he was responding to. Not autonomous droids, but droids and their "owners" out and about for photos. The autonomous droids I would bet, never show up. Attended droids would be a simple, quick way to add life to the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom