So what changes will we see at DHS GE based on DL GE?

bclane

I would love it if for DHS Galaxy's Edge they would add more alien plant life to the rocks and surroundings than we see at Disneyland's version. I think one of the reasons Pandora is so popular is because it is simply beautiful to behold. A lot of that beauty comes from all the plants (real and alien) that cover the land. I'm no expert, but I don't imagine it would be too difficult to redirect some of the WDW artists and gardeners to "green" up the place a little bit before it opens. It doesn't even need to be that much. Some water features would also help. Whether it's a fountain or a pond, it could really help with the overall ambiance of the place...imho. That and more walk around costumed characters would be pretty easy fixes that would go along way. Eventually more moving parts, like droids and transports moving through the land would also be fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

ParkPeeker

I've said this in one of the GE threads already, but put an alien petting zoo thingy in the forest area, and then put a droid petting zoo thingy in the outpost area. (so it's less chaotic than if they just had the droids/alien pets out)

To go even more out there add more animatronics. Scattered throughout all of the facades and rocks and trees, add droid and alien animatronics that continuously come out to do stuff at specific time intervals. Like a way more advanced version of the IASW facade cuckoo clock.

bclane

I've said this in one of the GE threads already, but put an alien petting zoo thingy in the forest area, and then put a droid petting zoo thingy in the outpost area. (so it's less chaotic than if they just had the droids/alien pets out)

To go even more out there add more animatronics. Scattered throughout all of the facades and rocks and trees, add droid and alien animatronics that continuously come out to do stuff at specific time intervals. Like a way more advanced version of the IASW facade cuckoo clock.
I agree that would be great. I'd like to see one of these woorts living somewhere in Galaxy's Edge:

bclane

They could have picked a forest in the first place. Beaches are highly overrated
I could see them doing something like Endor or Kashyyyk in a giant sound stage type building with projections, but not sure how they'd manage it for an entire outside land. I mean I know they can do trees (Tree of Life and Swiss Family Treehouse are great examples) but an entire believable alien forested land in Orlando might be a little ambitious.

rsm

I believe that no one has given a hard "no" on that last it came up - so there's hope? But shouldn't we be seeing testing of that about now? Weren't those DS Christmas drones testing for longer out than this, and they weren't even over guest's heads.

Jones14

I believe that no one has given a hard "no" on that last it came up - so there's hope? But shouldn't we be seeing testing of that about now? Weren't those DS Christmas drones testing for longer out than this, and they weren't even over guest's heads.
I guess they could be testing them offsite somewhere, with the land still being a construction zone.

The real question is, did they build a staging area for the drones backstage?

There are FAA regulations regarding drones over the public’s head: it’s usually a hard no. I expect Disney is empowered to obtain variances, etc. but I would think there would be an application or other paper trail about a Star Wars drone ahead of time.

999th Happy Haunt

There are FAA regulations regarding drones over the public’s head: it’s usually a hard no. I expect Disney is empowered to obtain variances, etc. but I would think there would be an application or other paper trail about a Star Wars drone ahead of time.
Maybe the drones will be restricted to only above or behind the rock work in the land? That would help with forced perspective as well.

Maybe the drones will be restricted to only above or behind the rock work in the land? That would help with forced perspective as well.

Oh I hadn’t thought about that. Like an x wing landing in the distance? General rule is 500 ft away from crowds, so that could work.

Great, now you’ve given me something else to get excited about that will never happen.

RobWDW1971

Exactly. Has this ever even been hinted at by Disney or is this just fan wishing? What is the source of this rumor?

Darth Snips

Exactly. Has this ever even been hinted at by Disney or is this just fan wishing? What is the source of this rumor?
For the record, this was definitely more than just “fan wishing”. @marni1971 has been hinting at the possibility of drones in the land for quite a while now. Unfortunately, it seems like it was cut. Unless anyone has new information to share....

RobWDW1971

For the record, this was definitely more than just “fan wishing”. @marni1971 has been hinting at the possibility of drones in the land for quite a while now. Unfortunately, it seems like it was cut. Unless anyone has new information to share....

But has any Disney official in a presentation about the land every said this was coming? Ever since I heard it on these boards, I just can't imagine it working or being allowed or even looking believable. Not calling anybody out, just honestly wondered if Disney ever said something like this was coming.

doctornick

Considering how common they are in the SW universe, they really should have an AA (even a very limited movement one) of a Bantha somewhere in the land. Somewhere where there is some cover, they should have one tethered to a hitching post. I think that would be an impressing addition to ambiance and help to tie the land more to know elements of the IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom