Pre-Trip So much for taking a break.

So during our last trip (November '16) we "decided" that we would take a break from disney for a little bit. We "decided" we would take a little time to save up for DVC. We "decided" that we could wait.

Andddddddddd here we are 3 months later with another trip booked... Well that didn't take long lol.
I do want to add that these past 3 months were the longest time in 5 years I didn't have a trip booked... Which was very hard for me lol.

I figured it would be easier to make a PTR and ask suggestions then it would to continuously post threads (your welcome)

So here we go with the...

WHO?
- Hubby and I - the usual - note that my sister has an AP now so I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up last minute like our last trip.

WHAT? - A NO PARK (maybe 1) extra relaxing, extra fun, extra drinking, extra pool, extra food trip.

WHERE? - Back to Coronado Springs. *fingers crossed* for a refurbished room in Ranchos :) . Woot Woot on scoring $165 a night !

WHEN? - Saturday May 13th to Wednesday May 17th

HOW? - We're flying with frontier to get there (nervous about that) and taking American Airlines home.

For anyone who may be a bit confused about this - yes, I was going to go in June for our birthdays and stay off site.... I was worried about the heat and for some reason not excited about being offsite even though it was a good hotel.... I saw awesome flight prices and $165 a night @ CSR and BAM no questions asked I grabbed it lol.

Jess G

Original Poster
@Zipitidoda I agree. I fought the idea of a no park trip for a while but my other half really wants to do a trip like this. Now that I'm planning it I'm getting very excited. With no parks and no dining plan I'm looking forward to not have to constantly check the clock to make sure I make it to this FP or that table service on time.

Courtney6682

All in all, this is going to be an extremely relaxing trip. Based around enjoying our time together, good food, and a lot of Disney first's for us.

I do want to incorporate either a firework dessert cruise, the monorail dining event, or that private boat ride in Disney springs (Lady Rose). I would prefer a firework cruise, or the monorail thing but neither have booking available past April yet.

This is what I hope to replicate in August with Brook. A nice romantic, relaxing weekend with my daughter! Hahahahaha

Courtney6682

LOL! It will be awesome! I'm so happy you booked another trip! where are you guys staying this time?

I decided on Caribbean beach, I said I would never stay there again after our debacle of a trip in 2013, but the deal they are offering is just too good to pass up in my opinion. Because of the construction, they are offering new bookings a $75 Disney gift card per night for length of stay. That means upon check-in we will receive a $375 Disney gift card, which we will then use towards all of our food and spending. Factor in the 20% off on food and merchandise from our APs, and now it is like the gift card will be worth $450!! We will probably avoid the bus system, which is the thing I hate most about that resort and just Uber to the parks. The resort also has no food court or gift shop due to construction, but that doesn't bother us as we will just eat and shop elsewhere LOL. I feel really positive about the situation, so I don't think the construction will affect us too badly

Jess G

Original Poster
I decided on Caribbean beach, I said I would never stay there again after our debacle of a trip in 2013, but the deal they are offering is just too good to pass up in my opinion. Because of the construction, they are offering new bookings a $75 Disney gift card per night for length of stay. That means upon check-in we will receive a $375 Disney gift card, which we will then use towards all of our food and spending. Factor in the 20% off on food and merchandise from our APs, and now it is like the gift card will be worth $450!! We will probably avoid the bus system, which is the thing I hate most about that resort and just Uber to the parks. The resort also has no food court or gift shop due to construction, but that doesn't bother us as we will just eat and shop elsewhere LOL. I feel really positive about the situation, so I don't think the construction will affect us too badly

I wouldn't be able to pass up those savings either. I heard they are offering a caribbean style breakfast buffet, that might be worth checking out. Our first trip as a couple was at CBR so even though it's not my favorite it holds a special place in my heart lol. I'm jealous you'll see Pandora before me! (assuming you're going to AK?)

Courtney6682

I wouldn't be able to pass up those savings either. I heard they are offering a caribbean style breakfast buffet, that might be worth checking out. Our first trip as a couple was at CBR so even though it's not my favorite it holds a special place in my heart lol. I'm jealous you'll see Pandora before me! (assuming you're going to AK?)
Funny, that was mine and my husbands first resort as a couple! We may check out the breakfast buffet, but we're typically not morning eaters. I've never seen avatar, but I'm sure we will check it out

gdisneyfans

Sorry for the onslaught of likes, just trying to catch up! So jealous of you and @Zipitidoda and your leisure trips! It's something I've always wanted to do as well, but the parks always called out to me. But after reading both of your PTR's I'm hoping to do the same one day...soon! We're throwing out the idea of heading down in August...I know, it will be super hot, but that vacation week is kind of set in stone. But maybe doing a few days at the parks and a few days relaxation might be the perfect blend!

Zipadeelady

Sorry for the onslaught of likes, just trying to catch up! So jealous of you and @Zipitidoda and your leisure trips! It's something I've always wanted to do as well, but the parks always called out to me. But after reading both of your PTR's I'm hoping to do the same one day...soon! We're throwing out the idea of heading down in August...I know, it will be super hot, but that vacation week is kind of set in stone. But maybe doing a few days at the parks and a few days relaxation might be the perfect blend!
:happy: Thanks. When I first started planning I was actually a little bummed about only going to one park but the more I looked into it and the more we planned I've just been so excited. Now I'm actually glad were only spending one day at AK. Have you seen all the menus for drinks at DS!! :eek: :hungry:. Homecoming alone will probably take half my money.:joyfull: (I'm not an alcoholic I swear, I just have been holding back for so many years until the kids are grown or not with us.) The funny thing is by the time I have maybe a drink and a half I'll have to quit because I can't handle much more than being tipsy.o_O
And when it comes to the heat I say bring it on, for once I won't be sweating in the parks I'll be sitting next to and awesome pool!! I hope you do make it back in August. We'll bug @Jess G to do a trip report and see how awesome a relaxing Disney trip can be!!

gdisneyfans

:happy: Thanks. When I first started planning I was actually a little bummed about only going to one park but the more I looked into it and the more we planned I've just been so excited. Now I'm actually glad were only spending one day at AK. Have you seen all the menus for drinks at DS!! :eek: :hungry:. Homecoming alone will probably take half my money.:joyfull: (I'm not an alcoholic I swear, I just have been holding back for so many years until the kids are grown or not with us.) The funny thing is by the time I have maybe a drink and a half I'll have to quit because I can't handle much more than being tipsy.o_O
And when it comes to the heat I say bring it on, for once I won't be sweating in the parks I'll be sitting next to and awesome pool!! I hope you do make it back in August. We'll bug @Jess G to do a trip report and see how awesome a relaxing Disney trip can be!!
I'm afraid to look at all of the menus:joyfull: Yeah, I don't drink a lot either, but when I'm on vacation (as will be depicted in my TR!)...look out - LOL especially because I'm not driving! You and your hubby will have an awesome time:happy:
Thanks - I do too! Just trying to convince my hubby to go - ha! And definitely would do lots of pool time in August if we go. Maybe if I tell him we'll do more relaxing than park time it will persuade him to go! Yes, @Jess G - we'll be waiting for your TR!!

Jess G

Original Poster

I'm looking forward to my first no park trip. My hubby has been asking for this type of trip for a very long time! Like @Zipitidoda I wasn't so excited about it until I really started planning it. Now I can't wait, believe it or not I still don't have the time to do anywhere near all of the things I wanted to do outside of the parks.

Jess G

Original Poster
0324172215.jpg
DME tagssss ✅

Jess G

Original Poster
Hoping April will fly by!

Still debating on what exactly I want to do ...

Option 1: spend $350 (total) and do dessert cruise one night and try out the Lady Rose another night (private boat ride for 2 out of disney springs, champagne and strawberries included)

Option 2: Spend $300 on Highway in the Sky for our last night there.

No way I can do anything more than or the other lol. I really want to try highway in the sky but I also want to try the other activities. I will be there the debuting week of the new MK firework show and dessert cruises are not posted yet, I would imagine it wouldn't be called "ferrytale wishes" anymore? So I'm not even sure it will be an option at all. Either way I'm torn and unsure where my money is best spent.

MySmallWorldof4

Funny, that was mine and my husbands first resort as a couple! We may check out the breakfast buffet, but we're typically not morning eaters. I've never seen avatar, but I'm sure we will check it out

My husband's and my first trip together as a couple was at CB too. That deal does sound great right now, but since we are 6 we would need 2 rooms. I am wondering now if $150 a night in gift cards might be worth it for us. Gotta crunch numbers now.;):p:D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Do you know if the main pool is going to be closed? Disney's site said that all the areas around the pool will be closed for refurb so does that include the main pool? $150 a night sounds nice for 2 rooms for sure. Think it will be included in passholder discounts when they come out, if they ever come out?;)
The $75 gift card offer ended earlier this week. It was mentioned in several threads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom