Pre-Trip So much for taking a break.

So during our last trip (November '16) we "decided" that we would take a break from disney for a little bit. We "decided" we would take a little time to save up for DVC. We "decided" that we could wait.

Andddddddddd here we are 3 months later with another trip booked... Well that didn't take long lol.
I do want to add that these past 3 months were the longest time in 5 years I didn't have a trip booked... Which was very hard for me lol.

I figured it would be easier to make a PTR and ask suggestions then it would to continuously post threads (your welcome)

So here we go with the...

WHO?
- Hubby and I - the usual - note that my sister has an AP now so I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up last minute like our last trip.

WHAT? - A NO PARK (maybe 1) extra relaxing, extra fun, extra drinking, extra pool, extra food trip.

WHERE? - Back to Coronado Springs. *fingers crossed* for a refurbished room in Ranchos :) . Woot Woot on scoring $165 a night !

WHEN? - Saturday May 13th to Wednesday May 17th

HOW? - We're flying with frontier to get there (nervous about that) and taking American Airlines home.

For anyone who may be a bit confused about this - yes, I was going to go in June for our birthdays and stay off site.... I was worried about the heat and for some reason not excited about being offsite even though it was a good hotel.... I saw awesome flight prices and $165 a night @ CSR and BAM no questions asked I grabbed it lol.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hoping April will fly by!

Still debating on what exactly I want to do ...

Option 1: spend $350 (total) and do dessert cruise one night and try out the Lady Rose another night (private boat ride for 2 out of disney springs, champagne and strawberries included)

Option 2: Spend $300 on Highway in the Sky for our last night there.

No way I can do anything more than or the other lol. I really want to try highway in the sky but I also want to try the other activities. I will be there the debuting week of the new MK firework show and dessert cruises are not posted yet, I would imagine it wouldn't be called "ferrytale wishes" anymore? So I'm not even sure it will be an option at all. Either way I'm torn and unsure where my money is best spent.
I'd do holiday in the sky but that's just me. Saving 50 and doing something that may not ever happen again just sounds way to tempting IMHO

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Congrats on scoring California Grill! It is one of our favorites. When you check in ask for a table in which one of you doesn't face a wall. Our first time there hubby stared at the wall behind me and I got to see out the window. He said it was okay, but the next time we went and I suggested requesting a table where we could both see out the window he was all in.

Jess G

Original Poster
Congrats on scoring California Grill! It is one of our favorites. When you check in ask for a table in which one of you doesn't face a wall. Our first time there hubby stared at the wall behind me and I got to see out the window. He said it was okay, but the next time we went and I suggested requesting a table where we could both see out the window he was all in.

Going to note our anniversary on our reservation and mention it again at check in with hopes to get a decent seat :)

Zipadeelady

Going to note our anniversary on our reservation and mention it again at check in with hopes to get a decent seat :)
Where did you note that it was your anniversary on your reservation? It will also be our anniversary and I'm also wanting a good seat!! No extra anniversary cupcake needed....I'm getting those Fritter's no matter how full I am!! :hungry:

And congrats on the score of your CG reservations. I may be in the minority but I would go on your arrival night. Start your trip off in style. :)

Jess G

Original Poster
Where did you note that it was your anniversary on your reservation? It will also be our anniversary and I'm also wanting a good seat!! No extra anniversary cupcake needed....I'm getting those Fritter's no matter how full I am!! :hungry:

And congrats on the score of your CG reservations. I may be in the minority but I would go on your arrival night. Start your trip off in style. :)

I have to call disney dining to note it on the ADR. I'm thinking we're going to split an app, a sushi roll, an entree and a dessert so we don't miss out on anything :)

Jess G

Original Poster
That's a really tough choice! I think it would be a really special way to end your trip though - especially if you're able to see the fireworks too :).

well can you believe while I am offering up hoop dee doo and cali grill my hubby is actually asking if we can eat at boatwrights :confused: because we're staying at POR the first night. Don't get me wrong I never didn't enjoy a meal there but he has somehow figured out how to convince me to go there the past 3 trips! I may have no choice but to dine there the last night

MinnieM123

Premium Member
WOW I just got a 7:15pm reservation for cali grill for our last night as well!!! What the heck is going on here?! loll

What do you guys think? - arrival night or our last night?

Either one would be special. I'm kinda leaning toward the last night, though. It would be an experience to look forward to, and you'd end your vacation on a super high note! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
well can you believe while I am offering up hoop dee doo and cali grill my hubby is actually asking if we can eat at boatwrights :confused: because we're staying at POR the first night. Don't get me wrong I never didn't enjoy a meal there but he has somehow figured out how to convince me to go there the past 3 trips! I may have no choice but to dine there the last night
Sympathy like! Men can't live with them, can't.........

WDWDarling

Lol the things we do for our SO. The only requests my DH made for our trip is that he wanted to eat at 'Ohana and eat at Via Napoli twice, both of which I was fine with. Now he's trying to add a THIRD Via Napoli trip - craziness! o_O There are too many other places to try! :rolleyes:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I've only eaten at Boatwrights once, but we had a great meal there. I would only eat there if I was staying at the resort though. And sometimes we have the let the hubby get their way. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom