Pre-Trip So much for taking a break.

So during our last trip (November '16) we "decided" that we would take a break from disney for a little bit. We "decided" we would take a little time to save up for DVC. We "decided" that we could wait.

Andddddddddd here we are 3 months later with another trip booked... Well that didn't take long lol.
I do want to add that these past 3 months were the longest time in 5 years I didn't have a trip booked... Which was very hard for me lol.

I figured it would be easier to make a PTR and ask suggestions then it would to continuously post threads (your welcome)

So here we go with the...

WHO?
- Hubby and I - the usual - note that my sister has an AP now so I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up last minute like our last trip.

WHAT? - A NO PARK (maybe 1) extra relaxing, extra fun, extra drinking, extra pool, extra food trip.

WHERE? - Back to Coronado Springs. *fingers crossed* for a refurbished room in Ranchos :) . Woot Woot on scoring $165 a night !

WHEN? - Saturday May 13th to Wednesday May 17th

HOW? - We're flying with frontier to get there (nervous about that) and taking American Airlines home.

For anyone who may be a bit confused about this - yes, I was going to go in June for our birthdays and stay off site.... I was worried about the heat and for some reason not excited about being offsite even though it was a good hotel.... I saw awesome flight prices and $165 a night @ CSR and BAM no questions asked I grabbed it lol.

WDWDarling

We've stayed at POFQ and while we enjoyed it, I didn't love it. The whole time I was wishing I would have picked POR instead. I think this whole thing is to depend on if my TA actually fights for me or not. If theres no luck then it shouldn't be surprising when I cancel to rent points.

I'm afraid I'm going to compare FQ to POR too but at this point we are not changing again lol. I can't wait to see what you end up with! Crossing my fingers for you :).

Ok, ok...valid points. No air would def be a deal breaker and I have kids and don't like other people's so totally understood;)
I'm just in the usual Disney depression and have no desire to write my TR. I couldn't even bring myself to visit this site for a couple of weeks after I got home lol. The trip was great..and I will eventually write one

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I couldn't bring myself to look at any of my usual Disney sites for a few months after getting back last year - it just made me so sad. But the upside was I had a ton of trip reports to binge read when I finally got back on!

Jess G

Original Poster
UPDATE!

I have 5/14 - 5/17 booked at SSR preferred room studio. I'm excited about it and plan on spending a lot of time in disney springs.

The first night I have booked at POR but might switch to CBR just for that $75 gift card and to sleep in a pirate room for one night cause why not! lol

WDWDarling

UPDATE!

I have 5/14 - 5/17 booked at SSR preferred room studio. I'm excited about it and plan on spending a lot of time in disney springs.

The first night I have booked at POR but might switch to CBR just for that $75 gift card and to sleep in a pirate room for one night cause why not! lol

Ahhh so exciting!!! Can't wait to hear what you think of SSR. It looks really pretty and being that close to DS will be so convenient!

Figgy1

Premium Member
UPDATE!

That's an excellent plan for spending time in DTD:joyfull:

Jess G

Original Poster
Ahhh so exciting!!! Can't wait to hear what you think of SSR. It looks really pretty and being that close to DS will be so convenient!

I'm actually a little excited for SSR. At first it didn't appeal to me at all but the pictures do look very nice. I have been there briefly for the DVC tour but never explored. It will also be super convenient for resort hopping. Currently imagining myself eating candy apples on my balcony lol. Hoping the room has a nice view!

Last edited:

Jess G

Original Poster
Ok sooooo I changed almost all my plans! - sorry about the caps

Day one
: arrive at MCO 9:30am (thats right I decided to land early) I am still booked at POR that first night. Not sure if I will change it or not.
POOL TIME! EARLY LUNCH @ THE HOTEL.

5:15 SPIRIT OF ALOHA (BUCKET LIST)

HANG AROUND MONORAIL RESORTS TILL 9PM FIREWORKS

Day 2: Switch over to SSR
EXPLORE SSR

HOUSE OF BLUES GOSPEL BRUNCH 1PM (BUCKET LIST)

HANG OUT DOWNTOWN/RESORT POOL

HEAD TO BW IN THE EVENING FOR ICE CREAM AND ALCOHOL

9PM FIREWORKS FROM BW (WE ARE FIREWORK HUNTERS)

9:45 IL MULINO DINNER AT THE SWAN @lostpro9het has had me wanting to try it for a while

lostpro9het

9:45 IL MULINO DINNER AT THE SWAN @lostpro9het has had me wanting to try it for a while
Seriously, though, if free Limoncello isn't enough to get anyone in the door than I dont know what is!
1F70117F-D70D-484A-B7EF-95FFFB1D50A4-5420-00000754314B741F_zpsad66d550.jpg

Zipadeelady

Ok sooooo I changed almost all my plans! - sorry about the caps

Day one
: arrive at MCO 9:30am (thats right I decided to land early) I am still booked at POR that first night. Not sure if I will change it or not.
POOL TIME! EARLY LUNCH @ THE HOTEL.

5:15 SPIRIT OF ALOHA (BUCKET LIST)

HANG AROUND MONORAIL RESORTS TILL 9PM FIREWORKS

Day 2: Switch over to SSR
EXPLORE SSR

HOUSE OF BLUES GOSPEL BRUNCH 1PM (BUCKET LIST)

HANG OUT DOWNTOWN/RESORT POOL

HEAD TO BW IN THE EVENING FOR ICE CREAM AND ALCOHOL

9PM FIREWORKS FROM BW (WE ARE FIREWORK HUNTERS)

Sounds Great!!! I'm excited for you! I was also thinking of House of Blues for some beer and appetizers. Let me know how it is?
@lostpro9het also got me excited about II Mulino also so we're going to try some pizza. But what is a Limoncello?o_O

Jess G

Original Poster
Sounds Great!!! I'm excited for you! I was also thinking of House of Blues for some beer and appetizers. Let me know how it is?
@lostpro9het also got me excited about II Mulino also so we're going to try some pizza. But what is a Limoncello?o_O

I will for sure let you know how it is. Since moving from NY I haven't come across good Italian in a while so I'm looking forward to it!

Jess G

Original Poster
Day 3: SLEEP IN

2pm SANAA LUNCH & EXPLORE AKL

BUY AFRICAN WINE FROM AKL (TRADITIONAL) (WINE IS MY OTHER PASSION)

HEAD BACK TO DISNEY SPRINGS. DO CHARACTERS IN FLIGHT AND BUY A QS DINNER TO GO & TAKE IT BACK TO THE RESORT. EAT DINNER AND DRINK WINE ON OUR BALCONY OR BY THE POOL.

TOTALLY RELAX AND/OR DO WHATEVER WE WANT :) (MAYBE BOWLING @SPLITSVILLE?)

DAY 4: LAST FULL DAY

POOL IN THE AM

DISNEY SPRINGS FOR QS LUNCH AND SHOPPING

DROP OFF BAGS AT HOTEL

RESORT HOP ALL AFTERNOON

7PM TRAILS END DINNER BUFFET (FIRST TIME, EXCITED FOR THIS)

9PM FIREWORKS THIS NIGHT FROM FORT WILDERNESS

There are a lot of quick services downtown that I love I'm just gonna go by whatever I'm in the mood for that day. Cooks of Dublin, Earl of Sandwich, D-Luxe Burger and the food trucks are all on my list of possibilities.

DAY 5: DEPARTURE DAY

POOL IN AM

MORIMOTO ASIA LUNCH AND RESORT HOPPING

4PM MAGIC EXPRESS PICK UP FOR OUR 7PM FLIGHT

We have a goal to hit EVERY SINGLE Disney resort while on this trip!

Last edited:

Jess G

Original Poster
All in all, this is going to be an extremely relaxing trip. Based around enjoying our time together, good food, and a lot of Disney first's for us.

I do want to incorporate either a firework dessert cruise, the monorail dining event, or that private boat ride in Disney springs (Lady Rose). I would prefer a firework cruise, or the monorail thing but neither have booking available past April yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom