Pre-Trip So much for taking a break.

So during our last trip (November '16) we "decided" that we would take a break from disney for a little bit. We "decided" we would take a little time to save up for DVC. We "decided" that we could wait.

Andddddddddd here we are 3 months later with another trip booked... Well that didn't take long lol.
I do want to add that these past 3 months were the longest time in 5 years I didn't have a trip booked... Which was very hard for me lol.

I figured it would be easier to make a PTR and ask suggestions then it would to continuously post threads (your welcome)

So here we go with the...

WHO?
- Hubby and I - the usual - note that my sister has an AP now so I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up last minute like our last trip.

WHAT? - A NO PARK (maybe 1) extra relaxing, extra fun, extra drinking, extra pool, extra food trip.

WHERE? - Back to Coronado Springs. *fingers crossed* for a refurbished room in Ranchos :) . Woot Woot on scoring $165 a night !

WHEN? - Saturday May 13th to Wednesday May 17th

HOW? - We're flying with frontier to get there (nervous about that) and taking American Airlines home.

For anyone who may be a bit confused about this - yes, I was going to go in June for our birthdays and stay off site.... I was worried about the heat and for some reason not excited about being offsite even though it was a good hotel.... I saw awesome flight prices and $165 a night @ CSR and BAM no questions asked I grabbed it lol.

Jess G

Original Poster
Capture+_2017-04-11-08-42-06.png

Jess G

Original Poster
OK GUYS! - here are my current thoughts - as I was sitting here about to purchase a fireworks cruise or the lady rose or highway in the sky dining event I suddenly realize - I can spend $200 + on a 2 hour event OR I can spend $200 more and spend an entire 24 hrs at AKL instead of POR and not leave the resort the whole first day.

If my arriving plane did not land @ 9:30 am I probably wouldn't be thinking about it much. Just the thought of going back to AKL makes me happy. I cannot shake this thought that's been weighing on my mind for the past 2 days lol. Not to mention I walked in on hubby youtubing AKL for no reason at all the other day (must be on his mind too). Last year around this time I surprised him with our first (and only) AKL stay for 4 nights and I regret not giving myself enough resort time. This past year we constantly joke about having "unfinished business" there :)

I know @lostpro9het is all in but whats everyone else thoughts? Event or 1 night @ AKL?

WDWDarling

I vote AKL! I just think it's so beautiful and between the animals, the pool, and all the great restaurants you can definitely get a full days worth of happiness there.

Although this is coming from the girl who specifically planned our whole rest day around lunch at Sanaa so I may be biased :rolleyes:;).

Jess G

Original Poster
I vote AKL! I just think it's so beautiful and between the animals, the pool, and all the great restaurants you can definitely get a full days worth of happiness there.

Although this is coming from the girl who specifically planned our whole rest day around lunch at Sanaa so I may be biased :rolleyes:;).

Loll ! I also had a day planned around Sanaa. If we do it this way I was thinking boma dinner night one and sanna lunch the second day before we switched over to SSR. I'm slowly caving in!

lostpro9het

OK GUYS! - here are my current thoughts - as I was sitting here about to purchase a fireworks cruise or the lady rose or highway in the sky dining event I suddenly realize - I can spend $200 + on a 2 hour event OR I can spend $200 more and spend an entire 24 hrs at AKL instead of POR and not leave the resort the whole first day.

If my arriving plane did not land @ 9:30 am I probably wouldn't be thinking about it much. Just the thought of going back to AKL makes me happy. I cannot shake this thought that's been weighing on my mind for the past 2 days lol. Not to mention I walked in on hubby youtubing AKL for no reason at all the other day (must be on his mind too). Last year around this time I surprised him with our first (and only) AKL stay for 4 nights and I regret not giving myself enough resort time. This past year we constantly joke about having "unfinished business" there :)

I know @lostpro9het is all in but whats everyone else thoughts? Event or 1 night @ AKL?
image.jpeg

Jess G

Original Poster
AKL is beautiful--enjoy your stay.

Just curious--when getting around, do you rely 100% on the buses, or do you rent a car while you stay there?

Thanks! I'm super excited!

We do rely completely on disney transportation. We've only had a car on our longest disney trip which was a AoA/Coronado springs/POP split stay. The car really came in handy when going from hotel to hotel lol, other than that, we pretty much used the buses for everything else. We appreciate being able to have a drink and not have to worry about getting back to the resort.

Good call on upgrading to AKL

Special events are not for me so I would have done the same

Who am I kidding - we would have gone straight to a deluxe
(we have moved up the ladder from Value to Mod to Deluxe and going down is not a popular decision at the Max house)

Max

Yess once you go deluxe its hard to go back. We started off in the moderates, than the deluxe, than a value. Sorry, call me a princess but the values just do not do it for me. I need moderate and up! ;)

Jess G

Original Poster
I ALMOST FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS!

When I originally switched from Coronado to POR due to the construction my TA got them to give me a discount. (We were initially trying to switch to CBR for the gift card) Disney ended up giving me the FL resident rate to discount my room at POR ... Well they carried over the FL resident rate for AKL so it only costed me $120 to upgrade. I was expecting $230 :)

WDWDarling

I ALMOST FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS!

When I originally switched from Coronado to POR due to the construction my TA got them to give me a discount. (We were initially trying to switch to CBR for the gift card) Disney ended up giving me the FL resident rate to discount my room at POR ... Well they carried over the FL resident rate for AKL so it only costed me $120 to upgrade. I was expecting $230 :)

It was just meant to be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom