Pre-Trip So much for taking a break.

So during our last trip (November '16) we "decided" that we would take a break from disney for a little bit. We "decided" we would take a little time to save up for DVC. We "decided" that we could wait.

Andddddddddd here we are 3 months later with another trip booked... Well that didn't take long lol.
I do want to add that these past 3 months were the longest time in 5 years I didn't have a trip booked... Which was very hard for me lol.

I figured it would be easier to make a PTR and ask suggestions then it would to continuously post threads (your welcome)

So here we go with the...

WHO?
- Hubby and I - the usual - note that my sister has an AP now so I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up last minute like our last trip.

WHAT? - A NO PARK (maybe 1) extra relaxing, extra fun, extra drinking, extra pool, extra food trip.

WHERE? - Back to Coronado Springs. *fingers crossed* for a refurbished room in Ranchos :) . Woot Woot on scoring $165 a night !

WHEN? - Saturday May 13th to Wednesday May 17th

HOW? - We're flying with frontier to get there (nervous about that) and taking American Airlines home.

For anyone who may be a bit confused about this - yes, I was going to go in June for our birthdays and stay off site.... I was worried about the heat and for some reason not excited about being offsite even though it was a good hotel.... I saw awesome flight prices and $165 a night @ CSR and BAM no questions asked I grabbed it lol.

Jess G

Original Poster
I can't wait to hear about your trip since hubby and I will also be taking a solo trip with just one park in September!!

Yayyy!! Later on today I'm going to post a basic idea of my day to day plans which I'm sure will end up changing lol. Where are you staying with the rented points?! I'm super jealous, we wanted to rent points but we opted to save a couple bucks when we saw the CSR price.

Zipadeelady

We rented points thru dvc-rental.com. Were going to stay at AKL. I'm still in shock we're doing this!! We talked about it and then in less than a week I was sending them payment. AAAHHHH. I am extremely excited. We've never stayed in a deluxe and we always have been the family that is at the parks all day with only a couple hour break mid day. I did some quick math and even with the 30% they always offer in September it was still so much cheaper to rent points. Now I just have to figure out where to eat!! :hungry: There's so many choices and only 4 days in which to eat.

Jess G

Original Poster
We rented points thru dvc-rental.com. Were going to stay at AKL. I'm still in shock we're doing this!! We talked about it and then in less than a week I was sending them payment. AAAHHHH. I am extremely excited. We've never stayed in a deluxe and we always have been the family that is at the parks all day with only a couple hour break mid day. I did some quick math and even with the 30% they always offer in September it was still so much cheaper to rent points. Now I just have to figure out where to eat!! :hungry: There's so many choices and only 4 days in which to eat.
That's awesome. AKL is the only deluxe we've stayed at and we've been dying to go back ever since!

Jess G

Original Poster
So here is a kind of outline of what I'm thinking .... I am currently hoarding reservations of all kinds till I can make a final decision. We are for sure on a budget this trip.... HECK - if we plan on continuing our twice a year disney visit we are going to need to budget EVERY trip lol.

5/13 - arrive to MCO @ 5:45pm. I currently have a 9pm ADR at Paddlefish! (any thoughts on if 9pm is a safe time for a reservation?)
Note: I am considering doing splitsville and bowling instead so I don't have to make an ADR

5/14 - I wonder if mothers day will affect a Sunday brunch? ... We have brunch @ Narcoossee's planned for 11:50am. I am very excited about this. I was going to do Cali Grill brunch but after reading reviews on both, (brunch wise) Narcoossee's looks out of this world!
After Narcoossee's we will head back to CSR chill out in the pool, go to the arcade, probably snack on gelato and nachos and then we have a 7pm dinner reservation at Trails End - we'll watch wishes ... OOPS ... i mean "happily ever after" from the fort wilderness.

5/15 - This day I am a little all over the place. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do ... Here's my 2 options. Help me pick one?

Option 1: Morimoto Asia lunch. Resort hop Epcot resorts and then ice cream at beaches and cream @ 4pm. chill around the BW and then back to hotel for pool and relax time... Dinner and drinks at the hotel.

Option 2: Chill out in the morning at the hotel and eat breakfast (or lunch) there. Cape may cafe for dinner (we had dinner twice here in November so I'm not sure about going again so soon) stroll around BW in evening and have 10:00pm ice cream from beaches and cream

5/16 -
Breakfast at Las Ventanas. Mini golf in the early afternoon, rent a pontoon boat from the contemporary. 5:15 spirit of aloha dinner show. Hang out around the poly till fireworks.

5/17 -
Check out @ 11 head to AKL for Sanna lunch and spend the afternoon animal watching. Magic express should be picking us up around 4pm for our 7pm flight home.

As long as it's continued and pricing does not change I will do the Highway in the Sky monorail dining loop thing. It looks awesome. Unsure of the nights it's offered but I would probably sacrifice any of my nights to do that instead (maybe a good thing for 5/15 if possible)

No matter what I do I need to try beaches and cream ice cream!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For something else to do outside of the parks, perhaps for the 15th, you could do some mini-golf. Winter-Summerland is not a bad walk away from the Coronado or you could bus it. If you hopped around the Epcot resorts there is Fantasia gardens as well. We like Winter-Summerland better as the theme is more fun. Although I actually won against my hubby at the Fantasia one. :)

Jess G

Original Poster
For something else to do outside of the parks, perhaps for the 15th, you could do some mini-golf. Winter-Summerland is not a bad walk away from the Coronado or you could bus it. If you hopped around the Epcot resorts there is Fantasia gardens as well. We like Winter-Summerland better as the theme is more fun. Although I actually won against my hubby at the Fantasia one. :)

Yes I def want to do mini golfing one of the days were there! We've never had time to go. What is the walk like from coronado ?

Jess G

Original Poster
With the price increases and plans to go again in September or October to visit Pandora. We are currently leaning towards not visiting a park at all this time around. We'll see, I do need more perfume from Epcot so I might talk my way into that ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yes I def want to do mini golfing one of the days were there! We've never had time to go. What is the walk like from coronado ?

The walk isn't too bad, I believe there is sidewalk all the way. I think it took us about 15 minutes to walk from WSland to the Coronado. It's been a few years since we walked it though.

Zipadeelady

As long as it's continued and pricing does not change I will do the Highway in the Sky monorail dining loop thing. It looks awesome. Unsure of the nights it's offered but I would probably sacrifice any of my nights to do that instead (maybe a good thing for 5/15 if possible)

No matter what I do I need to try beaches and cream ice cream!
I forgot all about this!! If you do this please let me know how it is!! Ugh, this makes my dining decisions even harder!!

Don't for get Ample Hills Creamery. After hearing @Tuvalu write about it it is definitely on my list of must do's this trip.

Jess G

Original Poster
I forgot all about this!! If you do this please let me know how it is!! Ugh, this makes my dining decisions even harder!!

Don't for get Ample Hills Creamery. After hearing @Tuvalu write about it it is definitely on my list of must do's this trip.

Yes !!! and while doing amphicar research earlier I learned there is a steam boat docked @ boathouse named Lady Rose ... $150 per couple for a private 40 min boat ride and includes chocolate covered strawberries and champagne! is it just me or does that seem like a great deal?!

Zipadeelady

Yes !!! and while doing amphicar research earlier I learned there is a steam boat docked @ boathouse named Lady Rose ... $150 per couple for a private 40 min boat ride and includes chocolate covered strawberries and champagne! is it just me or does that seem like a great deal?!
I've never heard of the Lady Rose! It does sound like an awesome experience, especially since it's a private boat ride!! Man, what else is out there that we've never heard of!!?

I did look up the Highway in the Sky Dining and its sound absolutely wonderful but I think it's out of my price range. :( I've already talked hubby into two signature restaurants :oops::D

Jess G

Original Poster
I've never heard of the Lady Rose! It does sound like an awesome experience, especially since it's a private boat ride!! Man, what else is out there that we've never heard of!!?

I did look up the Highway in the Sky Dining and its sound absolutely wonderful but I think it's out of my price range. :( I've already talked hubby into two signature restaurants :oops::D

I know right? On my next day off I'm going to call for more info on Lady Rose.

...and you're right about the highway in the sky thing - it is expensive and if we do end up doing it we will for sure have to ditch the narcoossee's brunch or spirit of aloha lol .

Jess G

Original Poster
Wanted to add that we're not going to go to paddlefish the first night.

I'm going day one reservation free! I'm thinking we'll do dinner at the hotel and head to disney springs for drinks and dessert. I do want to check paddlefish out though so maybe that's where we'll stop for a drink.

Jess G

Original Poster
I just realized that the new guardians of the galaxy will be playing when we are in disney... this may call for lunch and a movie @ AMC

Jess G

Original Poster
So after seeing pictures of the state that CSR is in today, I'm very nervous. Normal room rehabs didn't bother me, I stayed at POFQ when the pool are was getting done, that didn't bother me. But this is extreme. If they are working on the water way that would be a major bummer view wise. The noise and fences all over the place bother me.... I didn't think Disney was going to move this quickly with this and I don't know what to do... another moderate isn't an option. We are thinking of renting points, or dealing with it, or canceling all together and waiting until fall (hoping we don't have to wait)

Being that this is a no park trip and we plan to spend a decent amount of time at the resort, it seems risky.

Any input or suggestions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom