So-long stupid Noodle Station!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, unless you have several is a close range, like they have in Epcot's World Showcase. That format works because none of them are very far apart and it's fairly aparent how to get to the next one.

At MK, not so much. Dissapointed in the selection at Noodle Station? Well.. there's not exactly another obvious food place jumping out at you.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Interesting side note - the noodle wok thingy at Sunshine Seasons is one of, if the most, popular parts of the new food court. I think the selection and location just needs to be right. The one at MK was just wrong.

AEfx

Interesting side note - the noodle wok thingy at Sunshine Seasons is one of, if the most, popular parts of the new food court. I think the selection and location just needs to be right. The one at MK was just wrong.

That's the beauty of Sunshine Seasons. Although the menu's you'll find online don't do it justice (none of them are entirely complete), there are really an awful lot of options and choices there. So if one member of a group wants noodles, they can have that, if another wants a chicken dish, they can get that. The food stand area over on Sunset at MGM is another good example of that.

One, relatively isolated, location serving one type of food (no matter how you dress it, all they had were noodles) isn't going to work because of the very thing people lament losing : variety.

AEfx

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Actually, based on the comments found on this site and others, Disney has released new information regarding a replacement offering for this location:
Newplan.jpg

But seriously, for my part I ate there a couple of times shortly after the noodle station opened and absolutely loved it. The broth for the noodles with chicken was spicy with a strong hint of lime and spices, the dumplings and sauce were also bold and delicious. Dessert was the ginger infused creme brulee and it was light, creamy and just wonderful.

Then it closed. Then it re-opened. My first return trip was my last as the broth had been watered down to chicken stock, the dumplings were gone entirely along with the wonderful dessert. That destroyed it for me right there. I agree that they didnt get the initial response they expected and then overreacted by going way too far on the bland side which finished it as a viable loacation. I think it's a shame myself.

justducky78

Wow - this thread has gone nuts! :hammer: And now I'm just going to add to the craziness...:D

I agree there is a lot of variety at WDW restaurants, but as far as the MK goes, the quick-service restaurants are really lacking.

When we go to WDW we eat virtually every meal at a table-service restaurant (we don't stay in the parks all day long). But, the one time we did stay in the MK through lunch, we were starving and wanted something quick. WDW is pretty veg-friendly and will usually accomodate any diet (at the table-service restaurants) but the quick-service is another story.

We headed for the noodle station (closed), to Cosmic Rays (veg burger/veg wrap) and looked around at the other quick-service places (nothing we could eat). So in terms of variety for vegetarians or people looking for a quick/healthy option - there really aren't a lot of choices. Not even a cheese pizza option in the MK.

The noodle place may not have been the best, but most fast-food isn't that great. At least it was another option for people. If they maybe improved on the noodle idea a bit (made it more like noodles & co), I bet it would have worked.

I just don't see how yet another buffet (in that location) will go over well, either. Even if it is only temporary.

AEfx

I just don't see how yet another buffet (in that location) will go over well, either. Even if it is only temporary.

The buffet was born out of necessity, just like them serving Prime Rib dinners at Pop Century food court during the same period. The free dining is going to crush the table service restaurants. It did last year, and apparently many more people are doing free dining this year than last (every CM who's in the know has used some variation on the term "overwhelming").

It remains to be seen what will happen after free dining is over. It's doubtful it will remain in it's temporary state, but the question is likely rather it will reopen as the Noodle Station or not.

AEfx

Pongo

It remains to be seen what will happen after free dining is over. It's doubtful it will remain in it's temporary state, but the question is likely rather it will reopen as the Noodle Station or not.

AEfx

OT - but when exactly IS the free dining dealie over?

AEfx

OT - but when exactly IS the free dining dealie over?

Sept. 30, I believe, though the offer (like any at WDW) is valid as long as you check-in before the end date, so concievably people could still be on the plan up until the second week of October.

AEfx

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, when they did the thing last year at El pirata y el perico, it was still named the same, this at Noodle Station, the announcement flat out said "Noodle Station 'close' as of..." and then "Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe" opening temporarily in its place.

So, if anything, i think the Noodle Station is history.

tirian

The Noodle Station is gone; and the buffet will only be around long enough to make up for the free dining plan mess. Although the dining promotion was a great idea for Guests, the organizers apparently forgot to make sure there was enough food available! :rolleyes:

There is no word yet on what the Terrace's new menu will be. But believe it or not, MK management really did try to make the Noodle Station concept work. Even though it was rarely actually open, CMs who worked there were constantly being told to prepare for the Station's operation. The place would occasionally open for a two-hour lunch period, then reclose. The restaurant certainly isn't out of the way; it seems that most Guests simply weren't interested in Asian food.

I think that the noodle concept would have been much more successful in Adventureland, since that's where Guests would have expected the restaurant to be.

p.s. Am I the only one here who finds the Sunshine Seasons "Asian" food to be incredibly bland? I happily make the trek to China when I'm in Epcot!

OmegaKnight

When I first ate at the Noodle Station, I noticed that the portion sizes were extremely generous. However, over time, they seemed to shrink. That was the most disappointing aspect of the Noodle Station, you were paying the same price as before but for smailler portions.

ZapperZ

p.s. Am I the only one here who finds the Sunshine Seasons "Asian" food to be incredibly bland? I happily make the trek to China when I'm in Epcot!

Well, let's just say that they are "americanized" chinese food, not a lot of difference from the standard fare one gets at a chinese restaurants at a strip mall. I just wish someone there knows how to cook rice properly every now and then. Strangely enough, this is my opinion of the counter service at the China pavilion. I don't see anything different with what you would get at a typical chinese restaurant in the US serving american tastes.

Still, I like the whole concept that's available at Sunshine Seasons, and you can bet that I'll use my lunch coupon that I get from the upcoming pin event at that place. It is still my favorite counter service anywhere in WDW.

Zz.

Gucci65

But seriously, for my part I ate there a couple of times shortly after the noodle station opened and absolutely loved it. The broth for the noodles with chicken was spicy with a strong hint of lime and spices, the dumplings and sauce were also bold and delicious. Dessert was the ginger infused creme brulee and it was light, creamy and just wonderful.

I was looking forward to trying the dumplings when I went a few days ago, but like you said they are no longer on the menu. I do remember seeing two different rice bowls (in addition to the noodle bowl), eggrolls and California rolls.

Whatever, put some walls up in order to keep the flies out and bring on the next phase of this restaurant!!

rbrower

I just got back and I noticed this and that they had opened the dinner buffet there. I was hoping to report it but you got to it first. Dang it! Oh Well

tirian

:eek: <----- My look of amazement that some people seem to think they know exactly what everyone else who visits WDW wants for lunch!

You're right. Unfortunately, the Noodle Station closed because hardly any Guests went there when it was open.

I think that everyone wants food. :animwink:

MissM

:(
I hate that fact that i will now have to deal with pedestrian traffic and waiters when i make my shortcut to into tomorrowland
They still have a walkway. The main path through the center is blocked off during the day with potted trees and signs informing you that the Noodle Station temporarily closed.

They route you through the "downstairs" area to the left instead. Those tables also remain open all day for anyone to sit, or even watch Wishes. (Though it's a bad spot due to the lightning and overhang.)

During dining, they put out table cloths on the tables and have a host station set up at the foot of the main entryway. They also had a ton of greenery set up throughout the area of the dining room to brighten it up and make it look a little less like an outside cafeteria.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom