So-long stupid Noodle Station!

AliciaLuvzDizne

From touringplans.com :

Update: Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe opens Aug 13th

The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station will close on August 11 and then reopen on August 13 as the Tomorrowland Terrace Café, a Table Service restaurant serving a dinner buffet.

The revised location will be open through October 5 (excluding September 2 - 16) from 5 - 9 pm. This location will not offer advance reservation throuh Disney Dining (407-WDW-DINE) but reservations will be available at the Tomorrowland Terrace Café podium as well as the Plaza Restaurant podium.

The menu items will include salads, pastas, stir-fry, desserts and a carving station. The buffet price is $28.99 for Adults and $13.99 for children 3-9.

:wave: come by and say hi
I'm the one in the yellow :lookaroun

Kalikala

Wow, surprising to think of that area being used for a buffet! I wonder what their plans for it are after the listed dates. Revert to the noodle station again?

I have to agree that almost $30 is kind of crazy for a buffet. I wish they could do some kind of "one plate" option for those of us who want to try them out (such as Boma), but don't eat anywhere near enough to justify $30.

WDWScottieBoy

Corrus? I'm interested in hearing your take on this change-over.

I think I ate at the Noodle Station once, it was alright, just seemed to take a while with getting the order to getting the food.

We'll see what happens here, I'd like to know what exactly will be served.

uglybug2005

They did the same thing for the same reason last year at El Pirata in Adventureland. This is meant to be an additional option for folks who can't get a table service res due to the dining plan being free for the next couple of months. This is not a test, it's a plan that worked last year being enacted for the same reason. This will not be the next table service restaurant at MK. It's actually being provided by the Conventions/Catering dept (just like El Pirata Buffet and the Diamond Horseshoe Thanksgiving buffet), which is why the price listed includes tax and gratuity. Adjust the menu price of Biergarten, Crystal Palace, etc. for 6.5% sales tax and 18% grat, and see what you come up with.

scorp111

It appears that Disney is definitely trying to make sure that people on the dining plan that fail to plan have some options this fall.

Number_6

If it's too expensive, go get a hot dog. What is it with you people? Disney knows they can charge $30 for a buffet and people will pay it or they wouldn't do it! Plus, it's a BUFFET for crying out loud! :brick:
I think it's more to do with the location of said buffet that is causing people to have issue with the price more than anything. When for the same price as this place, you can enjoy the dinner buffet at 1900 Park Fare over at Grand Floridian and not only get a buffet and a beautiful location, but have characters as well, it does seem a bit overpriced. Even Crystal Palace inside the MK is cheaper, if only by a dollar, but is once again alot nicer and has the added benefit of being a character meal.

It's actually being provided by the Conventions/Catering dept (just like El Pirata Buffet and the Diamond Horseshoe Thanksgiving buffet), which is why the price listed includes tax and gratuity. Adjust the menu price of Biergarten, Crystal Palace, etc. for 6.5% sales tax and 18% grat, and see what you come up with.
I must have missed where it said that the price included the tax and gratuity...

madge

From touringplans.com :

Update: Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe opens Aug 13th

The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station will close on August 11 and then reopen on August 13 as the Tomorrowland Terrace Café, a Table Service restaurant serving a dinner buffet.

The revised location will be open through October 5 (excluding September 2 - 16) from 5 - 9 pm. This location will not offer advance reservation throuh Disney Dining (407-WDW-DINE) but reservations will be available at the Tomorrowland Terrace Café podium as well as the Plaza Restaurant podium.

The menu items will include salads, pastas, stir-fry, desserts and a carving station. The buffet price is $28.99 for Adults and $13.99 for children 3-9.

they did something similar last year - for a shorter time - with the buffet at the Mexican counter service place in Adventureland. To offset some of the frustration with the dining plan and people not being able to get ADRs or something like that?

askmike1

Why would people pay $28.99 pp to sit in the heat and mosquitoes for fly-spoiled food and the "view"? :lookaroun
Heat? They pump the air conditioning in that place (whether it's open or not). In fact, I'd even go to say that it is freakin' cold in there.

I hope that if it's successful, they keep it like this. A new buffet there would be nice. The only concern I'd have is that it would destroy the walkthrough ability (unless ofcourse they make a pathway around it).

disnyfan89

Ok to clear up some confussion and correcting some rash acusations.

1) The Noodle Station has been open every single day for over two months. Cast Members would work El Pirata y El Perico for lunch and then change costumes and work the Noodle station for Dinner.

2) Disney is NOT expecting guest to EAT FOR $28! Disney is expecting guest to eat FOR FREE! This is not for all the guest in the park! This is ment for all the guest With the Disney Dinning Plan!

Shaman

1) The Noodle Station has been open every single day for over two months. Cast Members would work El Pirata y El Perico for lunch and then change costumes and work the Noodle station for Dinner.

2) Disney is NOT expecting guest to EAT FOR $28! Disney is expecting guest to eat FOR FREE! This is not for all the guest in the park! This is ment for all the guest With the Disney Dinning Plan!

Oh freeee....:lol:
When you put it that way...it makes sense....:D

brkgnews

In other words, they're expecting non-Dining-Plan guests to say "$24?!?!?! Screw that!" and leave the space open for the dining plan folks?

SpenceMan01

The revised location will be open through October 5 (excluding September 2 - 16) from 5 - 9 pm.

How is the view of the hub/castle from inside the restaurant? The reason I ask is that Wishes is at 9, and I'm wondering if the high price could be related to having a nice, sit-down view of the show.

zone15int

Are you sure about that? I believe that the people staffed at Pecos Bill's are also trained at El Pirata. Ditto for Cosmic Ray's and the Noodle Station.

Unless these people are a completely different staff than Tomorrowland QSR and Adventureland/Frontierland QSR.

Craig & Lisa

Well, there goes a great place to watch "Wishes". When it was open, we went to get drinks and occasional food. Good question about the pathway there. Also restroom accomodations were nearby for the little ones. I also agree about the posts regarding handing out too many DDP and not being able to accomodate them. Too expensive for a buffet unless they refurb the building.

Vernonpush

It is if you have a family. For me it would cost $98.00 w/o tax and tip and an adult beverage or two. :eek: I'd rather spend the money on something that won't be gone in a couple of hours. :veryconfu
No "adult beverages" are served in the Magic Kingdom. You'll need to go to a resort or other park for that.

Craig & Lisa

My wife forgot to ask question, seeming as whether it was the galaxy or noodle they always closed before the fireworks show started, will they continue to allow you to sit at the tables for the show, or will they close it off. Now as to the stupid noodle station, I really didn't like when they changed it but for the most part they did offer good food and alot of it as well, 2 people could share one meal and not still be hungry. And during the colder nights while you were waiting they did serve hot drinks, ie. coffee, hot chocolate, tea. Again it seems someone is making changes without thinking it completely thruogh.

ZapperZ

OK, so here's the problem with the Noodle Station from my perspective. Other than the fact that you just don't know when it will be open (which made it unreliable and thus, not many will plan on having a meal there), the quality of the nature of the food can be a challenge.

For people who are not familiar with the food (and let's face it, the majority of Disney guests do not regularly eat asian noodles), this place may be a bit too exotic and unusual. Besides, call me crazy but asian noodles and The Magic Kingdom somehow do no seem to go with each other theme-wise.

On the other hand, for those who do know a lot about asian noodles and do eat it some degree of regularity, the noodles served at the Noodle Station have been "watered down" in flavor that they lose their original ethnic impact. The pad thai isn't "sour" enough (tamarind flavor) and the noodle soup dishes have been tamed down for the average diner that they are no longer appealing to those of us who know how they should taste. So they went for the middle ground and lost customers from both sides.

My suggestion is, look at the packed, busy eating places on Main Street, especially the breakfast places and pastry/confectionary. Why can't they establish another one of that there? Pastries and cakes would work very well there since the view is condusive to just sitting and lounging around with a good pasty and coffee/tea, especially when the weather turns cooler. And ice cream is always a winner when the weather is hot.

Zz.

colliera

askmike1 said:
The only concern I'd have is that it would destroy the walkthrough ability (unless ofcourse they make a pathway around it).

Wouldn't that pathway be a fire/emergency egress path? Coundn't block it is that is true.

Hey, want a place this was originally setup as a buffet? Re-open Aventureland Veranda, yum!

Shaman

Wouldn't that pathway be a fire/emergency egress path? Coundn't block it is that is true.

Hey, want a place this was originally setup as a buffet? Re-open Aventureland Veranda, yum!

They could always build another path...in front of the location in question, towards the water....that's if they wanted to enclose it.

AEfx

For people who are not familiar with the food (and let's face it, the majority of Disney guests do not regularly eat asian noodles), this place may be a bit too exotic and unusual. Besides, call me crazy but asian noodles and The Magic Kingdom somehow do no seem to go with each other theme-wise.

While I'm sure there are tons of exceptions, I do think you are right. Locals, and those who live further away but visit the park frequently (i.e., a large portion of the audience on a Disney message board), praise broader choices and variety because they are exposed to it more often.

Variety is certainly not a bad thing, and choice is almost always good, but I just don't think the fare at the noodle station was a choice many people made. Cups of carbs just aren't as popular as they used to be. I know when I go to a theme park I want theme park food...

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom