So-long stupid Noodle Station!

kverdon

Phooey! We liked the Noodle Station and had planned on using it as one of our counter service meals next month.

:(

Kevin and Mona

Texas84

If it's too expensive, go get a hot dog. What is it with you people? Disney knows they can charge $30 for a buffet and people will pay it or they wouldn't do it! Plus, it's a BUFFET for crying out loud! :brick:

Shaman

Lets not forget people tend to use that walkway as a short cut to Tomorrowland. Also its a very very dirty environment and offers nothing remotely similar to what possibly could be a table service resturant. Can you imagine taking nice breakable plates and sit outside? Even with nice table cloths and silver ware, there is no way they can get an outside location perfectly clean. Cosmic Rays would have been a better option to make into a table service resturant. The Noodle Station would have to leave the food in the middle of the outside area? They are just asking for problems. Spoiled food equals sick guests equals no spending money. It all comes out to be a losing battle. I think the concept it good but the location leaves much to be desired.

Perhaps it will be the type of buffet where they'll be taking the food to the guests as opposed to guests going to get their food.

Even if it is a test, the spot doesn't exactly scream $30 per person eatery....

wdwhoneymooner

Too bad....Noodle Station had potential but the food just never motivated to say "Wow" or "Yum", just "OK". We gave the place 3 tries and the quality never seemed to get any better. Oh well...........

brkgnews

Meh.

I always liked to go there when it was closed. (let's see, that was only on days that ended in "Y," right)? The reason being, it was a nice quiet place to sit and relax with a coupld of gingerbread mickey-head men from the sweet shop and watch The World go by.

Food was OK, but I really doubt they're going to have any long-term luck with this setup. I'm sure it's just a people-eater during the Disney Dining Plan days.

Given the apparently "super dead" days merf mentioned, looks like I should have done my vacation a week earlier.

typhoonguy

Everyone note that this isn't a 'test' or such, but just for overflow dining considering the amount of packages booked with free dining. This is not a permanent fixture, so please don't take it as such.

justducky78

I was so looking forward to trying the noodle station when we were there in May, but of course it was closed. Being a veggie (both hubby and I), there really aren't a lot of options for us -- so the tofu and noodles were calling to us!

We normally eat at the full service restaurants anyway, so it's not that much of a loss, but I'm disappointed to hear about yet another buffet restaurant. I'm not a big buffet person and it sounds like a rip-off.

GymLeaderPhil

I'm not positive, but most counter service locations that are outdoors don't have a long life span when surrounded by airconditioned options. The Terrace is way in the back corner, as is El Pirata y El Perico.

Boardwalk Joe's

Yeah, I have to say in all honesty if Im going to shell out 30 bucks for a buffet, you better make sure I'm in a comfortable environment. Being outside *anywhere* (especially in florida) is not comfortable...I'd rather spend the 30 bucks and eat at the clambake or ohanas. The cool thing about the pavilion was just to pass by, pick up some fries and a coke and then go on our way. But to sit down in the hot and humid weather for a buffet? Nooooooooo thanks!

LudwigVonDrake

Isn't the main section facing the counter/register air conditioned? I ate there before it was the Noodle Station and seem to remember that. Also the bathrooms seem to be the least used and out of the way bathrooms in WDW :)

This location will not offer advance reservation throuh Disney Dining (407-WDW-DINE) but reservations will be available at the Tomorrowland Terrace Café podium as well as the Plaza Restaurant podium.

I kind of like the fact that it will not be on the ADR system. With the ADRs on the dining plan taking up most full-service availabilities, this might put some sponteneity back in our dining choices.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I kind of like the fact that it will not be on the ADR system. With the ADRs on the dining plan taking up most full-service availabilities, this might put some sponteneity back in our dining choices.

:eek: You'd have to have a few more options than this before I go fully spontaneous!

MickeyTigg

From touringplans.com :

Update: Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe opens Aug 13th

The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station will close on August 11 and then reopen on August 13 as the Tomorrowland Terrace Café, a Table Service restaurant serving a dinner buffet.

When was it ever open....even when it was it was only from 5-9 PM.

I'm not going to miss something that was never open for me.

rackman

It seems to me that this is a response to the Free Dining Plan promotion. Remember earlier when they turned El Pirata y El Perico into a buffet? By making the Tommorowland Terrace a sit down location, they can respond to sit down meal guests and utilize the area more efficently.

Makes perfect financial sense to me...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Maybe it's just me.. maybe i need bold text...

It'll be open every day from 5-9pm through October 5th (when they'll probably re-evaluate if it's popular enough to keep around) with the except of a period in September (which is forecasted to be super dead time).

Merf, I dont think you were speaking loudly enough...:lol:

Relax guys, I am pretty sure the ONLY reason they are doing this is to catch the "over flow" of free DDP guests. It appears that Disney has given out WAAAAAAY to many free packages and the existing restaurants cant handle it. As a result they are trying any way possible to give guests more TS opportunities since ADRs for most restaurants during the above time period are about as easy to come by as a 5 legged goat. :lookaroun

I dont expect this dining option to last much beyond the October 5th expiration date. Just like I dont expect the Alll Star and Pop food courts to be serving prime rib and salmon filets beyond October 5th either. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom