Snake-Like Creature (and Ellen) gone from Universe of Energy

Bairstow

Anywho, what are the chances that it would be revamped to be about modern energy/tech?

Low.
I could see them revamping the current attraction to utilize digital projection, though, since they're going to have to eventually overhaul the building for DLP anyway.
Then they could let it linger on in life support and irrelevance for even longer, with less maintenance.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Ellen has been on their To-Do list for years. It has a good sized footprint and isn't overly popular, so I'm surprised that they've kept it around as long as they have.

It also just makes me feel old.

The problem is (and they realize it), when you pull down an attraction there, you are cutting a huge percentage of capacity. This moving theater eats a ton of people (up to 500 every 20 minutes..). Where are you going to put those 1500 people per hour on busy days when you are pulling down Maelstrom for a Frozen overlay or a fabled re-imagining of JIIWF that sounds like a joke?

There are so many places to fix at EPCOT, it needs additions if it's going to have subtractions... Hopefully, Ellen and the snake will come back soon so I have something to divert my attention from the other broken Animatroics during my OCT visit...

*1023*

muteki

The problem is (and they realize it), when you pull down an attraction there, you are cutting a huge percentage of capacity. This moving theater eats a ton of people (up to 500 every 20 minutes..). Where are you going to put those 1500 people per hour on busy days when you are pulling down Maelstrom for a Frozen overlay or a fabled re-imagining of JIIWF that sounds like a joke?

There are so many places to fix at EPCOT, it needs additions if it's going to have subtractions... Hopefully, Ellen and the snake will come back soon so I have something to divert my attention from the other broken Animatroics during my OCT visit...

*1023*
Are these capacity figures assuming the theater is full? I haven't been on a full ride in a long time (though I tend to go in slower periods), but the impact to the park is diminished when the attraction that is down is only ever half full.

Pirate665

As much as I'd love to see the original UOE come back I think it'd go horrible with today's crowds. An update might be nice, but I think sooner rather than later its gonna get torn apart and something new and completely different will move in. Ala horizons treatment.

The things I'd least like to see move in would be something further Pixar or character related. I loved that Epcot was so free from that. I look at TLS and cry when I see Nemo there. But nope. I know we will only get more characters in Epcot. I can only hope that we will get WallE in there. At least he'd kinda fit in there at Epcot.

Cmdr_Crimson

They decided that Ellen fighting a snake in her dream was too Freudian.

Also according to many posts online...Ellen has Never rode UoE after it was done....http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/ellens-energy-adventure-secret.46383/

And also why hasn't Disney sold this shirt in Epcot....
stupid_judy_t_shirts-r605e168ac9414542ac2b92c5b1195ac9_va6px_512.jpg

hDD5A5C4F

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom