Smoking in the parks

BG Rugger

Originally posted by Kopp8699
God, in some cases, just who cares.... just move, i mean Disney is not just a non smokers paradise (i dont smoke but i feel i have 2 defend here) but smokers like it 2....... Just move if it bothers u, that or if ur just walking past, well guess what, ur just walking past. Some people r makin it out 2 b like it's a huge crime. Just let them smoke..... It can't all b perfect where people always smoke in their designated areas, or people always throw everythin in the trash.... Just cause i do things the right way doesnt mean some1 wont litter or smoke in a non smoking area..... I mean i understand it bothers people that others smoke, but u rnt the only 1 paying 2 get in2 the park..... I agree there r rules, but not every1 follows everything 2 the letter. If it's that bad, move, i mean 5-10 min of smoke will not kill some1 unless they have a condition, and if so, they should tell the person, unless they r a total @-ss then they would prob move. I again agree that people should follow directions, but banning smoking in WDW is idiotic, i'm sry but i feel that way.

:brick: Too much IM jargon...HAHA just kidding:lol: I agree. Take it easy. I find the best remedy for second-hand smoke is a trip on Splash Mountain:sohappy:

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by Erika
Am I getting old? I gave up after the first sentence :lol:

*flashback to jr high yearbook*

"UR 2 sweet 2B 4Gotten"

CDEDBDB?
tier31.gif

Sorry Kopp, just playing. I'm probably the only one here with a problem anyhow :lol:

Remember to K.I.T. :lol:

NashvilleMouse

The problem I have with some smokers is when they walk by you exhaling and I end up walking through a huge cloud... holding my breath and running through it. I have encountered many rude people like this. It is pretty nasty.

I think a happy medium is to have a designated smoking area. People that do not smoke in the designated area should be flogged in front of the castle by Pluto. :lookaroun :lol:

LoriMistress

Originally posted by bsandersjr
Now, this may be a touchy subject, but as a smoker (and not too happy about it) I think it is very nice of WDW to have designated smoking areas. My only wonder is : if people do not smoke, and hate being around smoke/smokers, why do those people CHOOSE to hang out in the smoking sections, and gripe the whole time?
:confused:
Because they are a bunch of crybabies. :cry:

I'm a smoker, and I don't mind when people smoke, but when people who don't smoke in smoking sections--just gives people like me a bad name.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Lee
Bravo!
I agree 100%.
There should be a sign at the edge of property:
"Dear Valued Guest,
Due to the fact that our beloved
founder, Walt Disney, died as a
result of smoking, Walt Disney World
Resort is a non-smoking area. Please
feel free to visit the smoking areas
outside our resort for your smoking
needs. Thank You, and have a Magical Day. "

Yep. I'm serious.

Oh Cr@p... another "lets bash smokers thread".

Ok... fine... you go ahead and do that lee.... and kiss a huge chunk of your international visitors goodbye.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by DMC-12
Oh Cr@p... another "lets bash smokers thread".

Ok... fine... you go ahead and do that lee.... and kiss a huge chunk of your international visitors goodbye.
:wave: Hey Jer! I was wondering how long it would take you to find this here thread. Don't let it bother you....we've never changed the world before in here and we ain't gonna start now with where you can smoke at WDW! I'm just surprised it took you this long to sniff this thread out. :animwink:

DMC-12

Originally posted by Tramp
There needs to be a renewed, robust ad campaign against smoking outside the designated areas. Write it everywhere! Place signs near the turnstyles and have CMs remind people as they enter the parks. There must be a thousand ways to make people aware of the rule and to make it socially unacceptable and embarrassing for them to break it.

I agree, Tramp.

I have said this before... and I will say it again... I follow all the rules and only smoke in the designated areas. MOST of the designated areas are off the beaten path... Why non-smokers feel the need to come into the smoking area and at me... is beyond me. :brick:

Anywhoo.... I do my part... and even point ( in a very NICE manner) out the designated areas to other guests who are smoking in the not designated areas.

Hell... even once in awile I've been known to pick up butts lying around in the parks.

NOT ALL SMOKERS ARE EVIL. So lighten up you Non-smokers! :lol: :wave:

JBSLJames

As long as they don't do away with "The elevated Magic Castle Mirror Cocaine Sniffing Platforms" I have no problem with the smoking. Oh and the character 'paddle tunnel' they do for birthdays. Something magical about being spanked by Cinderella on your Birthday:lookaroun

Wow, you know, I just realised that that has never been in the MK. Must have been a dream. Darn those midnight thin mints :mad:

DMC-12

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Wow, you know, I just realised that that has never been in the MK. Must have been a dream. Darn those midnight thin mints :mad:

Oh... and speaking of Mints... I usually carry around a tin of Altoids as not to offend anybody with my smokey breath while standing in line... So Hey.... I am doing my part.

Hi Scott... :wave: Yeah... I cant believe I missed this thread a couple of days ago. :lol: :animwink: :wave:

NashvilleMouse

I had never even noticed that there were smoking areas at Disney World. I have never been bothered with smokers at WDW before. I say, let them smoke.

While we're at it, they should also ban the nose-pickers. Or at least have a designated nose-picking sanctuary. I am sick and tired of a 50 year old woman standing in line in front of me digging for God knows what and showing her prize to the rest of her family. Then I have to say: "Mom, stop doing that!" Ugh!

Gucci65

I don't have a problem with most smokers, the ones I hate are the red necky kind that tell you "if you don't want second hand smoke, don't breathe" while they are in a restaurant. I was actually surprised when they put in these designated smoking areas in WDW. I asked a CM why and the response was that too many children had been burned by smoking passerby's. I used to smoke and realize what an addiction it is. As long as you don't have to be trapped indoors with smoke, who cares.

AND if we add NashvilleMouse's nose-picking area, then we also need to add the unshaved armpit area (where the situation can be tended to). I think that would be a seasonal (summer) area. Okay, does that cover all the annoyances: rude area, farting area, nose picking area, smoking area, hairy pit area.....did we miss anything?:lol:

BwanaBob

...people who shouldn't wear G-strings area...

(used to be known as the 'Designated butt-floss' area)

(I guess you could lump a whole bunch in that area, huh?...no spandex, no daisy-dukes, etc.)

raven

I am not a smoker and will never be one. But I think banning smoking on the property would be a huge mistake for Disney. Not only would they loose thousands of guests, but CM's as well.

I mean, who would want to go and entire day without smoking? It would just be a bad move.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by raven
I mean, who would want to go and entire day without smoking?

Show of hands please.

Two - Way up.

How about the Right Guard Area for those who forgot to pack Deo.
And the "Oops, I crapped my pants" adult changing area. I mean they have the diaper stations for infants, how about us adults????

Gucci65

How about the 'I forgot to wear my bra and I really shouldn't go out without one' (think swinging around the waist) area.

I think this has turned into a gross out contest.

raven

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Show of hands please.

Two - Way up.

How about the Right Guard Area for those who forgot to pack Deo.
And the "Oops, I crapped my pants" adult changing area. I mean they have the diaper stations for infants, how about us adults????

WAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on your hands. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom