Small Jungle Cruise Update

SirGoofy

Original Poster
Well, I just got back from a Jungle shift, and have some nice little updates. And once I list them, I'll let you know where they came from.

-First of all the ride looks terrific. The best it's looked since I've been working there. The animated figures were painted to perfection with some exceptions, namely the elephant bathing pool.

-The props on the dock/queue were recently painted, and the entire area looks very good.

-A new fence has been erected around the queue near the water, which is really great for us skippers. Kids can no longer run a beeline to the river like they used to try and do.

-We also got our spider movement back. :D

Now what brought these changes about. We recently got a new manager straight from Disneyland, who was appalled by the state of Jungle Cruise and the rest of Adventureland, and pretty much pushed through these updates/small refurb.

I hope the manager continues his crusade, cuz it makes the Goof happy.:D

I also want to give a shout out to our WDI Head of Creative. Good job!

Animaniac93-98

VERY good things to hear SirGoofy!

I wonder who put the new guy in? Whoever he is I like him. If he's in charge of all of Adventureland I wonder what he thinks of PotC and UNM?

All we need for JC now is entirely new additions. Either ones from DL or unique WDW stuff.

SirGoofy

Original Poster
VERY good things to hear SirGoofy!

I wonder who put the new guy in? Whoever he is I like him. If he's in charge of all of Adventureland I wonder what he thinks of PotC and UNM?

All we need for JC now is entirely new additions. Either ones from DL or unique WDW stuff.

Yea, I was ecstatic to see the ride in such great shape.

As for the manager, I have no idea what brought him here, but I'm sure glad he is. He isn't in charge of Ad/Lib, but he certainly seems like a mover and shaker.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sounds like great news. I thought it looked good last year!

With the new Ad/Lib manager and Epcot getting a major blasting from it`s new VP things are looking up in these places. Now they need to keep pushing forward and either invigorating new blood into old (and allowing them to press forward) or continue to bring in new blood.

The Conundrum

With the new Ad/Lib manager and Epcot getting a major blasting from it`s new VP things are looking up in these places. Now they need to keep pushing forward and either invigorating new blood into old (and allowing them to press forward) or continue to bring in new blood.

What do you mean?

EPCOT Explorer

VERY nice, news, Goof! :D Threads like these make me very optimistic.

And prove that they might be listening.;) Judos to that DL Manager!:sohappy:

Sounds like great news. I thought it looked good last year!

Now, THAT'S making me happy too.:D

What's up for EPCOT?

SirGoofy

Original Poster
I thought WDW1974 mentioned that the new VP of Epcot is a flake and to not expect much of a change. More of a Brad Rex than a Macphee.

If I remember correctly, '74 said he was hesitant about Cockrell, but would refrain from judging until he saw what kind of job he did.

CBOMB

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to see any ongoing maintainence done. I just hope it doesn't put off the major rehab that this Disney Classic needs, and deserves.

WDW1974

If I remember correctly, '74 said he was hesitant about Cockrell, but would refrain from judging until he saw what kind of job he did.

That is correct. I wasn't thrilled with the change in leadership ... I'm still not, but I have heard some good things about the basics at EPCOT.

My only 'issue' with Danny is simply the fact he has benefitted greatly from nepotism. You don't get up the ladder as fast as he has when you don't have Lee for a Daddy.

But as long as he does a good job, who cares? Nepotism is a fact of life in America.

I wish him nothing but the best at the job and hope I can sing his praises down the road. Now ... it's way too early to judge.

WDW1974

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to see any ongoing maintainence done. I just hope it doesn't put off the major rehab that this Disney Classic needs, and deserves.

I had heard as far back as 2006 that JC was going to get a substantial upgrade, including adding some of the effects used at HKDL.

But that was back when Space Mountain was headed down a lot sooner and for a lot larger redo.

On a personal note, it's nice to see you around CBOMB!:wave:

tirian

That is correct. I wasn't thrilled with the change in leadership ... I'm still not, but I have heard some good things about the basics at EPCOT.

My only 'issue' with Danny is simply the fact he has benefitted greatly from nepotism. You don't get up the ladder as fast as he has when you don't have Lee for a Daddy.

But as long as he does a good job, who cares? Nepotism is a fact of life in America.

I wish him nothing but the best at the job and hope I can sing his praises down the road. Now ... it's way too early to judge.

True about Danny's quick climb to the top, but the nonstop refurbs at Epcot have been fairly impressive.

brentl1127

I was on the Jungle Cruise last week, and liked it, the captain of the boat the first trip was BORING...no jokes, just talking about saving the environment, I missed the jokes, Second time around was much better.

jt04

True about Danny's quick climb to the top, but the nonstop refurbs at Epcot have been fairly impressive.

I agree. WS looks fantastic. Though they are not adding any major attractions at WDW, at least they are using the time (and funds) to make improvements. One of the major reasons for my continued optimism.

Way to go TDO.

By the way someone mentioned on this board how they witnessed the top dogs exciting the JC awhile back and not looking to happy at all. Not at all suprised a change was made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom