Slinky Dog Dash rider experience and comments

GlacierGlacier

I’ve seen good reviews so I was suprised to see that today at 2:30pm Slinky Dog was listed as 70 min

Meanwhile
7DMT - 120
FOP -180
Navi River I think was more as well
The difference is those other rides were added in parks with already pretty high attendance, and were some of the highest-tech additions to their parks in a decade. SDD and A.S.S. are additions to a park with the lowest attendance, and are meant to just eat up a bit of total capacity without being headliners which would compete with MMRR and SWL.

Castle Cake Apologist

If I'm driving in my car doing 60mph and I have a person in my back seat that person is also doing 60mph... just sayin.... smh.

Your personal vehicle and a roller coaster train are literally 2 completely different things.

The physics of a train of vehicles moving via gravity through a series of hills is very different than the physics of people all sitting in the same passenger compartment of a single motorized vehicle.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Your personal vehicle and a roller coaster train are literally 2 completely different things.

The physics of a train of vehicles moving via gravity through a series of hills is very different than the physics of people all sitting in the same passenger compartment of a single motorized vehicle.
Exactly. A car is only analogous to coasters with single car trains, like a wild mouse or spinning wild mouse.

RSoxNo1

I suspect that operationally, Toy Story Land is only having weather related downtime? That, substance, low FP+ distribution, and an unwillingness to wait outside in the sun are probably helping wait times.

@lentesta have you seen evidence of different FP+ distribution ratios for Toy Story Land attractions? Did they do this for Pandora?

Last edited:

nbdysreal

Only speaking for Friday and Saturday, but Slinky went down a few times both days, which cleared out the wait time, and presumably, some of the crowd. I personally enjoyed the ride.

The difference is those other rides were added in parks with already pretty high attendance, and were some of the highest-tech additions to their parks in a decade. SDD and A.S.S. are additions to a park with the lowest attendance, and are meant to just eat up a bit of total capacity without being headliners which would compete with MMRR and SWL.

Skibum1970

Completely agree. I like riding in the back for some coasters because I get pulled into elements and also feel as if I had the greatest benefit of the speed. In the front, seems like we dangle over the edge or get pushed into elements. Maybe the front isn't going a different speed than the back but the ride experiences are very different.

wdwgreek

Rode this three times this morning. Sat in the front middle and back. Back is certainly more thrilling. Faster then I was expecting, def more intense then drawfs. It felt longer then I expected. Wish there were a few more props but I went by everything so fast I didn't even see jessyuntill my second go around. Fun d ticket coaster.

TheDuke

Did it for the first time tonight and went out to HS in the evening pretty much just to do it. It's kind of good, the launches and some of the dips at the beginning are fun but it loses steam. I'd put it ahead of Thunder Mountain and a bit behind Mine Train due to the theming. The actual rollercoaster parts may be a bit better.

Giants14

I was on it twice - waited 60mins each time. Decent coaster - picks up good speed and thoroughly enjoyable.

Once the hype goes down - it will be a 30-40min average wait time - much like Big Thunder.

We rode the Mine Train - only the once. It was ok, wouldn't have waited 2 hours on it

CJR

I finally got on it last night and was able go twice. The sign said 50 minutes the first time, waited just under 30 minutes. The second time it said 30 minutes and waited about 15 minutes.

The ride at night was very enjoyable. The fans in the queue made the wait nice and the ride experience was exceptional. We felt like the ride was too short, but the combined 45 minutes of waiting for two rides made it worth the fun when you combine the length of the ride. Really, I would have loved for this be like twice the length (understand why that's not feasible), but for what it is, it's a great attraction.

BTW, the park was empty last night. 15 minutes for TSMM, 5 minutes for Alien Swirling Saucers. It was wonderful.

wdwdude1

I braved the brutal sun and waited in line for slinky dog dash earlier this week. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure it will become a must do but I enjoyed it.

Attachments

• slinky dog IMG_0352.JPG
    slinky dog IMG_0352.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 307

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom