Slinky Dog Dash rider experience and comments

ThistleMae

Finally got to ride SDD. I have to say, it's not for me. Way too fast and scary. My favorite roller coaster is 7DMT and remains my number two favorite ride. One is FOP, two 7DMT, three soarin', four TSM.

JohnD

I am genuinely confused as to whether you’re serious.

It's possible. If you're not a fan of coasters at all, you may find SDD to be higher and faster than you like so the only ones you can tolerate are 7DMT or Barnstormer. For me, it's a "minimal" coaster. I have no problems with it. But I will ride Everest. I like the smoothness and going backward. I like it better than jerky SpaM. The only coaster I won't ride is RnRC. I don't like loops or the thought of a fast launch.

Giss Neric

I finally rode Slinky Dog last fall and was unimpressed. I didn't have high expectations but it was a typical Disney coaster - hardly thrilling and way too short. I get that not every coaster needs to be intense (especially a Toy Story one lol) but there are beyond plenty of mild rides at WDW. At least Tron and Guardians are coming. I was just surprised how uninterested I was in ever riding it again after only my first time. Other theme parks have multiple intense coasters per park and I wish that WDW's did too but oh well. Still plenty of other fun offerings =)
I think the problem is sight lines. Those intense coasters are huge and tall so it will definitely ruin sight lines. That's why I think they always choose to build enclosed/indoor ones. Dollywood is well themed park but you see rollercoaster tracks everywhere so it kinda makes it just like a well themed Six Flags park. You won't see slinky when you're in Galaxy's Edge (well, maybe if you look hard enough you'll get a glimpse )

I do think Slinky Dog should have been way longer at least. A lot of kids loved it though.

Jones14

If Slinky were in the Magic Kingdom, I think I’d have more gripes with it’s intensity, but as the family counterpart to Rockin’ Rollercoaster, I think it’s right in the sweet spot.

My primary issue with it is that the theming after the second launch is nonexistent until you get back to unload; I wish they’d put the Green Army Men Tower that you can see in the concept art back in, or at least put some sort of board game-esque theming on the roof of that backstage building that’s right in front of you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom