Slinky Dog Dash rider experience and comments

rocketraccoon

Got a chance to ride it today, and it's more thrilling than I'd thought it'd be! It's a fun coaster throughout with some pretty neat elements. Didn't get a chance to see the track lighting though, but it seems really nice.
Vfqn1pe.jpg

uQs7qnE.jpg

mrerk

Premium Member
I think for Rock n Rollercoaster sitting in the front is best because you accelerate so quickly and maintain that speed throughout the ride. And there’s no one in front of you to block the view.
I feel like you get thrown around in the back. There are times when you are in the front that you can feel them waiting for the back to clear a certain point.

No Name

I think for Rock n Rollercoaster sitting in the front is best because you accelerate so quickly and maintain that speed throughout the ride. And there’s no one in front of you to block the view.

You accelerate at the same speed if you're in the front or back. Because the whole thing is connected obviously. If there are no chain lifts the front or back doesn't make that large a thrill difference. On a ride like Thunder Mountain it certainly does.

Next Big Thing

Rode the ride twice. Both times the wait time was posted at 145 minutes, yet i've only waited 35 minutes the first ride and 27 minutes the second time. My sister, 10 y/o, really enjoyed the ride and was the reason we went a second time. As for my personal opinion, maybe I just had low expectations, but the ride did surprise me a bit. It goes faster than it looks and it has a certain kick to it in parts that's unsuspecting.

However, it did not feel longer than SDMT like some have said. Wheezy at the end of the ride is a nice touch. Overall it's a fun coaster and provides an alternative for those not willing/not tall enough to ride RNRC.

Side note: The fans in the Slinky queue did not help to actually make it cooler however, save for portable fans right at the load platform that were blasting. This had me sweating from heat in there after 10PM. I can't imagine being in that line in the heat of the day.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

You accelerate at the same speed if you're in the front or back. Because the whole thing is connected obviously. If there are no chain lifts the front or back doesn't make that large a thrill difference. On a ride like Thunder Mountain it certainly does.
That’s not really true. In any ride with hills, the back of the train gets pulled over the crest of each hill as the center of the train descends the drop, providing airtime which many view as thrilling. RNRC doesn’t have any major hills, does it?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I feel like you get thrown around in the back. There are times when you are in the front that you can feel them waiting for the back to clear a certain point.

I rode in the last row. I was battered and bruised. Decided I wasn't going to ride RnR again after that.

ToTBellHop

I rode in the last row. I was battered and bruised. Decided I wasn't going to ride RnR again after that.
Yes. For the same reason as I discussed above, the back on RnRC gets "pulled" out of the corkscrew elements of the cobra roll and the corkscrew itself. But unlike Big Thunder, it doesn't provide airtime. It provides whiplash and brain tissue death. Yay.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

As a coaster goes up and down hills and through other elements it and accelerated and decelerate. Going over a hill, it decelerates until it's center of mass crests the hill. If you're in the front, you're over the hill and heading down at the slowest speed. Once the train start accelerating, the back is starting to crest the hill. Thus, the front and back experience that hill at different speeds.

No Name

That’s not really true. In any ride with hills, the back of the train gets pulled over the crest of each hill as the center of the train descends the drop, providing airtime which many view as thrilling. RNRC doesn’t have any major hills, does it?
As a coaster goes up and down hills and through other elements it and accelerated and decelerate. Going over a hill, it decelerates until it's center of mass crests the hill. If you're in the front, you're over the hill and heading down at the slowest speed. Once the train start accelerating, the back is starting to crest the hill. Thus, the front and back experience that hill at different speeds.

That is all true and good, but I don't know where you got the false idea that I said there's no thrill difference. The poster I replied to was talking about the launch as an argument that the front is more thrilling, which in no way made sense. And the thrill difference is in fact relatively insignificant on a ride like RnRC compared to one such as BTMR. Not nonexistent, just relatively insignificant.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom