Slash and Burn ...

Enigma

Account Suspended
We'll have to wait to see if Star Tours 2 actually has a better storyline than Episodes 2 and 3. It's not too hard... :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure if Star Tours does not close in 2009/2010 for the redo its not going to happen at all :( .

BTW, I thought that Episode 3 was actually pretty good but it was hampered because of all the stupid crap from episodes 1 and 2.

Animaniac93-98

So they will be using the prequels?

ICK.:dazzle:

Which was why I never ever wanted to think about Star Tours 2. I just wanted new simulators and a restored (but not altered) print for the original film and a more realistic way of projecting it. Possibly a less 80s pre-show, but that's one of the reasons Star Tours is so great.

imagineer boy

I can imagine that for the refurb they'll add references to places, characters, and creatures from the prequels. And I really would much prefer a new digital ride film because the old one is simply too dated to work on a theme park ride. In fact, I would like a new experience all together (and get a different voice for Rex, I'm tired of ______ Wee's voice).

WDW1974

Original Poster
Star Tours 2.0 WILL happen ... and hopefully by the end of the year ... it originally was slated to be open THIS SPRING.

And it will use characters, locations and references from all six films.

Star Tours 2.0 WILL happen ... and hopefully by the end of the year ... it originally was slated to be open THIS SPRING.

Meesa Co-Pilot Jar Jar Binks! It's meesa first time steering tour ship. Wish mee good luck!

WDW1974

Original Poster
You have my wholehearted agreement on this one. Their contribution to Disney films and parks is immeasurable, even to this day.

It really is sad. Disney wastes the talents of its greats, while hiring people who aren't all that ... frankly, good.

I remember having a conversation with Richard, his wife, a celeb-Imagineer and another Disney great (who is a close friend and therefore won't be mentioned here) at a memorial for Buddy Baker at USC and the consensus was with many 'Disney greats' that the 'tude prevalent in Burbank was 'isn't (fill in the blank) dead?'

Sad, but true.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Meesa Co-Pilot Jar Jar Binks! It's meesa first time steering tour ship. Wish mee good luck!

No Jar Jar.

From what I understand George 'I totally lost my talent somewhere in the 1990s and can't find it again no matter how many crummy films I make' Lucas wanted Mr. Binks, but Disney was afraid of all the blood-stained cabins it would have to clean from the daily rash of in-transit suicides!

No Jar Jar.

From what I understand George 'I totally lost my talent somewhere in the 1990s and can't find it again no matter how many crummy films I make' Lucas wanted Mr. Binks, but Disney was afraid of all the blood-stained cabins it would have to clean from the daily rash of in-transit suicides!

This sounds like a beginning to an exciting new saga of the Disney parks. Could this be a new hope that Disney might actually return to it's high quality standard?

agent86

Is it going to all parks or just one or two?

Will the adventure be set in space, or on a planet (e.g. like the long-rumored pod race from episode one).

tirian

No Jar Jar.

:ROFLOL:

Unfortunately, that's very true!

Disney should just stick to the Ewoks. They sell plush. ;)

imagineer boy

Disney should just stick to the Ewoks. They sell plush. ;)

But people hated them just as much as Jar jar when ROTJ came out. :lol:

You know, I'd like to see someone like Ryan Stiles or Colin Mocherie (sp?) do the voice of Rex. He'd be a lot funnier and less cutsy-annoying.

jt04

But people hated them just as much as Jar jar when ROTJ came out. :lol:

You know, I'd like to see someone like Ryan Stiles or Colin Mocherie (sp?) do the voice of Rex. He'd be a lot funnier and less cutsy-annoying.

I'm not sure the new show will be as "whitty" as the first. I think they are going for the "awe" moment this time.:eek:

Enigma

Account Suspended

I have a hunch they delayed it so that it will be open for Spring 2010 so they can tie it as part of Disneyland's 55th.

MousDad

In-cabin suicides notwithstanding, I have to be honest and say that Jar Jar in 2.0 would have been my kids' favorite part of the attraction.

(Hey, it's them, not me.)

EPCOT Explorer

Ah...That's good. So it will a Tour of the universe they live in, not a time period.

That's very good, IMHO.
I love J.J.B.

Though not in a time period longer than 1 minute. Mabye as a fly-by?
:brick:You would.:lol::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom