Slash and Burn ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Is it going to all parks or just one or two?

Will the adventure be set in space, or on a planet (e.g. like the long-rumored pod race from episode one).

I know this will eventually be in all FOUR parks that currently have Star Tours. It was supposed to originally be ready to open in the US parks this spring.

I could see them closing this fall and start work as I am reasonably certain that 2.0 could be wrapped into DL's 55th in 2010 ... and whatever marketing campaign WDW has going next year here as well.

Oh, and NO pod race as the theme ... that was an old, old concept.

EPCOT Explorer

I know this will eventually be in all FOUR parks that currently have Star Tours. It was supposed to originally be ready to open in the US parks this spring.

I could see them closing this fall and start work as I am reasonably certain that 2.0 could be wrapped into DL's 55th in 2010 ... and whatever marketing campaign WDW has going next year here as well.

Oh, and NO pod race as the theme ... that was an old, old concept.

Thank goodness...That woulda been horrible.

tirian

Funny.

After all these pages, everyone agrees on one thing. The only way change is going to happen is if it starts at the top.

I've been told that certain execs agree, but there's a lot of legal stuff muddying things.

RSoxNo1

Funny.

After all these pages, everyone agrees on one thing. The only way change is going to happen is if it starts at the top.

I've been told that certain execs agree, but there's a lot of legal stuff muddying things.

Do you mean terminating contracts, or something else?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Funny.

I'd have to meet them ... because every P&R exec I've ever met this decade (except for Matt Ouimet) just seems to rubber stamp whatever Rasulo, Staggs and the marketing minions say.

I know folks in other parts of the company, like WDI, who have even been somewhat vocal behind the scenes with displeasure with the direction the company is taking.

But Iger doesn't seem to care so long as the bottom line looks good, regardless of how that happens.

I wish I could be more (or somewhat) optmistic, but now I just can't.

BTW, latest slash and burn rumor I've heard is that DVC sales are so slow that many CMs who man the thousands (or is it tens of thousands now?) information carts/kiosks go an entire shift without signing up a family of vict... I mean potential buyers so Disney is looking to actually close some of them down. Anyone know more?

Also, got yet another confirmation that Disney has no third parties signed up for Flamingo Crossings and has yet to sign anyone else for The Site Formerly Known as Pleasure Island. I, personally, wouldn't be surprised if Flamingo Crossings gets prepped for development and then sits empty for 5-10 years (hopefully, enough time for Disney to come up with a better use for the land)

tirian

I'd have to meet them ... because every P&R exec I've ever met this decade (except for Matt Ouimet) just seems to rubber stamp whatever Rasulo, Staggs and the marketing minions say.

I know folks in other parts of the company, like WDI, who have even been somewhat vocal behind the scenes with displeasure with the direction the company is taking.

But Iger doesn't seem to care so long as the bottom line looks good, regardless of how that happens.

I wish I could be more (or somewhat) optmistic, but now I just can't.

BTW, latest slash and burn rumor I've heard is that DVC sales are so slow that many CMs who man the thousands (or is it tens of thousands now?) information carts/kiosks go an entire shift without signing up a family of vict... I mean potential buyers so Disney is looking to actually close some of them down. Anyone know more?

Also, got yet another confirmation that Disney has no third parties signed up for Flamingo Crossings and has yet to sign anyone else for The Site Formerly Known as Pleasure Island. I, personally, wouldn't be surprised if Flamingo Crossings gets prepped for development and then sits empty for 5-10 years (hopefully, enough time for Disney to come up with a better use for the land)

^^ I'm talking about other parts of the country, not park management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom