Sky-Way Station being cleared

GoofMasterHookX

Original Poster
WDW_logo_MagicKingdom.jpg

icon_STOP.gif
Park News
- (7/6/09) I’ve been told that just before the end of July we will see demolition crews enter Tomorrowland who will begin the process of taking down the old Tomorrowland Skyway building, leaving only the restroom facility behind once complete. The restrooms will also be redone and they hope to have it all finished and ready in time for Space Mountain’s reopening, just in time for the Thanksgiving Holiday if possible.

Didn't find this in a search. Per Screamscape. Is this clearing just to make space? Is something going in its place? If they are building something would they leave the bathrooms there?

Discuss....

jakeman

Aren't the buckets still in there? Along with Timekeeper?

Not saying this invalidates the rumor, but if this is true, where would they go?

NewfieFan

We need a support group or something around here... you people just can't get over Stitch, can you!?!

Does every thread need to be turned into "I hate Stitch" fest!?!

What does the station have to do with Stitch anyway?:shrug:

Anyways... back on topic... why haven't we heard about this before? Interesting...

EPCOTPluto

Aren't the buckets still in there? Along with Timekeeper? Not saying this invalidates the rumor, but if this is true, where would they go?

Not sure, maybe somewhere else backstage.
Another part of old Tomorrowland history goes, if true. Hope they'll put something worthwhile over there.

EPCOTPluto

We need a support group or something around here... you people just can't get over Stitch, can you!?!

Does every thread need to be turned into "I hate Stitch" fest!?!

What does the station have to do with Stitch anyway?:shrug:

I guess it is the running joke here. Yes, there is too much Stitch hate. Just keep it in one thread, instead of spreading it around.

NewfieFan

I guess it is the running joke here. Yes, there is too much Stitch hate. Just keep it in one thread, instead of spreading it around.

Yeah, we need a Stitch thread... where everyone can get all their anger out in one place.

It does get old after a while!!!

sweetpee_1993

It's as reliable as some other places on the net. :lol:

Either way, interesting rumor.

Agreed! I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to remove all the buckets and other stuff stored in there. Maybe we'll see some fresh Ebay fodder! I'd buy a bucket! It'd be great in my backyard! That building has been just sitting there for a long time. It'd be nice to see a new attraction or something in that spot.

GymLeaderPhil

The Fantasyland Skyway Station just received a nice coat of paint and landscaping work. Currently there are tarps over the Tomorrowland Station.

hwdelien

Yeah, we need a Stitch thread... where everyone can get all their anger out in one place.

It does get old after a while!!!

I don't hate stitch. I will always have a warm place in my heart for Stitch especially after a visit in April of 2007 when, on a not so busy day, my 3 kids had Stitch to themselves for a good 10 minutes. This is my, almost 2 year old:

picture.php

The picture of the Stitch statue just popped into my head after reading Figment's comment, and I had to make it happen. :ROFLOL:

jt04

Well if it is true that the Skyway station is going all I can say is it's about time! Great great news. I was especilly happy to hear it is supposed to be done by the time SM reopens.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I don't hate stitch. I will always have a warm place in my heart for Stitch especially after a visit in April of 2007 when, on a not so busy day, my 3 kids had Stitch to themselves for a good 10 minutes. This is my, almost 2 year old:

picture.php

The picture of the Stitch statue just popped into my head after reading Figment's comment, and I had to make it happen. :ROFLOL:

I will have a warm place for the Stitch I saw last December that "commented" (silently, of course) on my Dreamfinder shirt, making it known that he, too, wished for Dreamfinder's return!

That said, SGE should be removed from the park post-haste.

EPCOT Explorer

Well if it is true that the Skyway station is going all I can say is it's about time! Great great news. I was especilly happy to hear it is supposed to be done by the time SM reopens.
I'm wondering if this is in conjunction WITH the SM Refurb.

I just had a wild and crazy thought about the queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom