Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Technically neither of those attractions fall on the old Toontown plot. That would be Storybook Circus. They replaced 20,000 leagues which closed 1994 I think so 18 years lol? (A joke im making a joke but yea those rides didn't really effect Toontown
Actually, a legitimate point. Pooh's Thoughtful Spot closed sometime in 2010, so I was giving Disney too much credit with that timeline.

Disney Analyst

As expected mostly video, but the animatronics are very cool. I like this more than the hollywood version... but I think Kongfrontation was a far superior attraction. Give me practical sets and effects over video anyday. Does this mean Universal has filled its quota and must now start building more dark rides with physical scenery and scenes?

imperius

As expected mostly video, but the animatronics are very cool. I like this more than the hollywood version... but I think Kongfrontation was a far superior attraction. Give me practical sets and effects over video anyday. Does this mean Universal has filled its quota and must now start building more dark rides with physical scenery and scenes?
Yes and no. Fallon and F&F will be screen based but Nintendo is supposed to be all physical supposedly.

Stripes

Premium Member

I don't want to be harsh, but I'd say it's definitely been overhyped. Don't get me wrong, it's really great, but it's not all it's been made out to be. Granted, my expectation was: best queue ever. So perhaps I shouldn't have set them that high.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Yes. I'm still deciding how I feel about the ride. But unless you fangirl over anything Kong related and really love scare actors, there's nothing about the queue that wows to a spectacular degree, at least on a level that other queues haven't. At least IMO.

It's a cool queue, but I does not have the same level of detail as Indiana Jones at Disneyland, or Forbidden Journey, or Gringotts. But still a very cool queue.

Stripes

Premium Member
Does this finally lay to rest the misinformed people calling the Kong AA 30 feet tall? As... it's clearly not, nor was it ever said to be.. They labled the creature at 30 feet tall.. but the Kong AA is what? 10? 12 feet?
Still absolutely massive in person though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom