Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

Mike S

Original Poster
Dude I understand what's happening. I'm not stupid. But my knowledge of skull island based off the movie, leads me to believe you can't simply go from the bug pit to the jungle in 2 seconds. It doesn't make sense in terms of spatial awareness leaving me feel uneasy about the flow.... That is all.
You shouldn't be able to go so quickly from the bridge with the Dragon to the area of the Forbidden Forest where the spiders are to the Whomping Willow to the middle of the Quidditch Pitch and yet...

ctxak98

5 drivers, Witch, Slug, 3 bats, Kong.

I know I'm a hillbilly, and cipherin's not our strongest suit, but even with modern math, that's 11.
Why are you so defensive? I was asking an honest question.

Just because an attraction has 11 AA figures and is 6 minutes long, does not mean it's the best. Quality of quantity everytime for me! Not saying avatar will be better than Kong, just stating you said that, and you know next to nothing about the ride as of yet, except it's a boat ride with AA mixed with screens....just like Kong here.

ctxak98

You shouldn't be able to go so quickly from the bridge with the Dragon to the area of the Forbidden Forest where the spiders are to the Whomping Willow to the middle of the Quidditch Pitch and yet...
Yup! Which is a big part of why I don't really like that attraction. It's the Harry Potter saga in one attraction and it flaws from the same problem IMO. Gringotts is a much better with transitions then either of these two attractions. However forbidden journey and Kong, both have redeeming factors like practical sets, AA's, and unique ride vehicles.

Disneyhead'71

Why are you so defensive? I was asking an honest question.

Just because an attraction has 11 AA figures and is 6 minutes long, does not mean it's the best. Quality of quantity everytime for me! Not saying avatar will be better than Kong, just stating you said that, and you know next to nothing about the ride as of yet, except it's a boat ride with AA mixed with screens....just like Kong here.
Avatar is the world first and only Billion $$$$$ theme park land. If it doesn't blow Kong out of the water somebody's getting fired!

ctxak98

You also can't take a 6 min boat ride that includes the Nile, Congo and Amazon.

Just sayin'.
That's a totally different type of attraction. Not relatable but whatever. I'm done arguing my case.

Kong is the best. It has no flaws. It's amazing and so is everything universal does. Disney sucks.

Are you happy now?! Lol.

Disneyhead'71

Yup! Which is a big part of why I don't really like that attraction. It's the Harry Potter saga in one attraction and it flaws from the same problem IMO. Gringotts is a much better with transitions then either of these two attractions. However forbidden journey and Kong, both have redeeming factors like practical sets, AA's, and unique ride vehicles.
Well, I'm so glad they redeemed themselves from such an embarrassing situation as Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

ctxak98

Well, I'm so glad they redeemed themselves from such an embarrassing situation as Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
Are you like this all the time? I'm sorry I have a different opinion. But in terms of story, the cat in the hat ride makes more coherent sense than forbidden journey. It took Harry 7 movies to get through all the things he did in that one attraction. I get they were trying to make it a spectacular Harry Potter experience, it's just too jam packed IMO. Not enough story to go along with it.

ctxak98

Are we sure the drivers are AA? I thought someone said they just moved from the motion of the vehicle. Has anyone seen them clearly yet? I need deets on the drivers.
One of the things I was confused about. Wasn't sure if those were AA's or just static figured or what

Mike S

Original Poster
That's a totally different type of attraction. Not relatable but whatever. I'm done arguing my case.

Kong is the best. It has no flaws. It's amazing and so is everything universal does. Disney sucks.

Are you happy now?! Lol.
I think his point is more to the fact that these are theme park rides and you can't expect them to follow that close to reality. Do you know how much space is actually supposed to be between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts? Or how long of a train ride it would actually be to London? It's called suspension of disbelief. It happens when something is so well done it makes you forget those things, like how we're supposed to be breathing on Pandora without those masks. I actually agree with you @Disneyhead'71. The bug pit to jungle isn't an issue. Or Forbidden Journey. The "and yet..." was supposed to hint at "the ride is still amazing."

Disneyhead'71

Are you like this all the time? I'm sorry I have a different opinion. But in terms of story, the cat in the hat ride makes more coherent sense than forbidden journey. It took Harry 7 movies to get through all the things he did in that one attraction. I get they were trying to make it a spectacular Harry Potter experience, it's just too jam packed IMO. Not enough story to go along with it.
Yeah, I am. CitH is a book report ride. A straight reading of a single story. Everything in HPatFJ comes from books 2-4. Not all 7.

Disneyhead'71

I think his point is more to the fact that these are theme park rides and you can't expect them to follow that close to reality. Do you know how much space is actually supposed to be between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts? Or how long of a train ride it would actually be to London? It's called suspension of disbelief. It happens when something is so well done it makes you forget those things, like how we're supposed to be breathing on Pandora without those masks. I actually agree with you @Disneyhead'71. The bug pit to jungle isn't an issue.
I've read all the Harry Potter books and seen all the movies. Flying church pews wasn't mentioned once. Universal sucks!!!!

ctxak98

I think his point is more to the fact that these are theme park rides and you can't expect them to follow that close to reality. Do you know how much space is actually supposed to be between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts? Or how long of a train ride it would actually be to London? It's called suspension of disbelief. It happens when something is so well done it makes you forget those things, like how we're supposed to be breathing on Pandora without those masks. I actually agree with you @Disneyhead'71. The bug pit to jungle isn't an issue. Or Forbidden Journey. The "and yet..." was supposed to hint at "the ride is still amazing."
I totally understand the concept of suspension of disbelief. But some things don't work for me...sorry. I'm gonna wait to ride it in July to judge it, but it still doesn't make much sense to me only because it's a world that I'm familiar with. But like I said, if they would Hmong had the jungle scene set during the night, it would have made more sense. I think it's a majority of the varied lighting that's throwing it off a bit.

To add one more thing. The fact that you can't see hogsmeade from when you are in diagon alley and vice versa makes it believable. You have to travel to the destination. I know it would normally take longer. But it's still something physical. You get in line. You board a train, the train takes a few minutes. You arrive and are somewhere completely different. It works.

For Kong you are down in the dark pit probably hundreds of feet from the surface and you turn the bend and it's a bright sunny jungle......not believable sorry. Any way you string it, this suspense of disbelief doesn't work for my eyes. But hey, everyone is different!

ctxak98

Yeah, I am. CitH is a book report ride. A straight reading of a single story. Everything in HPatFJ comes from books 2-4. Not all 7.
Okay yes I overexaggerated, but it is a mash-up of some of the greater moments around hogwarts. But I just wish it had better transitions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom