Six Flags article: How they want to emulate Disney

TimeTrip

BeachClubVillas said:
I live about two hours from Six Flags New England, and have never been. It just doesn't seem worth it. Six Flags just doesn't cut it for me. It's too expensive to go there and be treated to subpar shows and staff just to get on a few rollercoasters.

Of course, I remember when it was Riverside, and I'm still slightly bitter that Six Flags took it over. :)

Too bad.. you're missing a ride on one of the best steel coasters in the world, Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE).

BRER STITCH

It's always good to see a company trying to better itself.

Acknowledge the problem.
Formulate an Action Plan.
"GITTER DUN!"

:lol:

I guess we're lucky in this part of the country because our Six Flags Darien Lake is a great park! Clean, exciting, busy, and FUN!

All are welcome to visit!

:wave:

Blizz

Miss Jennifer said:
I, too, live not far from Great Adventure, but I haven't been in about four years. (The only one of my friends who likes roller coasters hasn't been available due to his work schedule. And going on a weekend is RIGHT out due to crowds.)

I've never been on Superman, though I'd love to. However, Kingda Ka might daunt even ME. If it's closed as much as they say, maybe it's a moot point.

I would, however, like to see some Disney-quality dark rides. WB owns the rights to the original Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory, right? So why not a Wonka boat ride?

Rights to produce a film and rights to turn the story into an attraction are different.

Also, SFTP and WB are not the same. SFTP partners with them to do a sort of cross branding and promotion (which I am sure they pay a lot for). They partner with DC Comincs, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Hanna-Barbera, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Inc., and Viacom International Inc. Even though these partnerships exist it doesnt allow for them to open an attraction with that "theme" unless they pay for it.

They also license a lot of music from Universal. A favorite song played thoughout their park is the Jurassic Park main title theme.

DoggirlAK

ppl watch wut u say! lol im from tx!! and i go to 6 flags all the time so yea i wouldnt say bad stuff i just think thats kinda mean! :fork: so just :zipit: :lookaroun :p

dont mess with TX yo! :king:

Teenchy

DoggirlAK said:
ppl watch wut u say! lol im from tx!! and i go to 6 flags all the time so yea i wouldnt say bad stuff i just think thats kinda mean! :fork: so just :zipit: :lookaroun :p

Might want to change your text type and color, cant read a darn thing!

DoggirlAK

lilphil6487 said:
ok so when did this forum turn to six flags bashing? seriously? the only reason y u dont like six flags is because is not up to par w/ disney. i personally love six flags. i love their roller coasters and think that maybe disney should start building more. six flags probably has the best roller coasters ever. yea the park may not be clean but do you see how many people are in the park every day. they arent as big as disney so they dont have the money and employees to keep up with it all. and great adventure draws some scary ppl cuz to the north we got new york, and to the left we got philadelphia. the park is still a great park and im sure the others are too. just because it isnt up to disney standards doesnt mean its a bad park. some of you sound like people who pester waiters at a resturaunt cuz the steak is medium when u ordered medium rare. im sorry if i seem to be over reacting, but you need to stop picking on other places just because it isnt disney.
i feel the same!!! seriously 6 flags is a good place and u ppl r sayin its bad just bc its not as good as disney

CoffeeJedi

DoggirlAK said:

Kids these days......

Do you really have an inability to spell or use proper sentence structure, are you just lazy, or do you actually WANT to annoy people? Also, does that font and color actually look GOOD to you?

I know I shouldn't let posts like this get to me, but when i want to have a rational discussion with other adults, seeing a post like this is akin to have a hyperactive 12 year old burst into the room and begin shouting nonsense at the top of her lungs.

Lucky

I live very close to a Six Flags and a Paramount park, and rarely go. Totally lame compared to Disney. We'd much rather travel the 1000 miles to WDW than travel 20 miles to Six Flags. Adding parades is just an embarrassing attempt by Six Flags at imitating Disney.

Bosshogg1701

I must say that I have to chime in here. I am a big guy. I go to both 6 flags NE and Disney and I must say that 6 flags rides are NOT made for big ppl. I don't fit on more than half of the rides, while at Disney I dont' have that problem. There is not 1 ride that I don't fit on. Even one of the smaller parks in NE, Canobie, I don't have that problem either, just 6 flags. Sigh

BadTigger

Six Flags will never be Disney, they will never even get close. Walt started Disney with a way to do buisness from DAY ONE. Six Flags is just an over-rated amusement park with tons of extra useless fluff. There are so many problems with Six Flags, ranging from horrible theming/bad show, to crappy service. They can try but they will never ever be even close to Disney. As much as they try I always know I'm still in New Jesery, at least when I'm in WDW I feel like I'm some place else.

alya922

I live 45 minutes from Six Flags Darien Lake and I honestly don't think I've been there in probably 5 years. There's nothing there. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, but the park just doesn't seem to have much focus. It's not a "thrill park" like Cedar Point but it's not family entertainment either, like Disney. To me, it seems like a glorified carnival. Unfortunately it doesn't have much appeal for me and I don't think it ever will. The last time I went was very fun I'll admit, but that is because the park was decked out for Halloween, i.e. decoration, haunted houses, etc, and freezing as all get out. Now to this Buffalo-girl, that's fun! lol :p

Pixie_Pirate

I like six flags but theres something about disney that makes u love it! The way that the cast members make u feel happy and feel like u matter and how when they smile u smile when six flags they don't treat u like that. Six Flags can't live up to what disney can do so thats what i have to say!!!!

BCNHF

I stopped going to Six Flags the first time I ever went to one. It was the first year after SFNE went from Riverside to SFNE and all it had was coasters, and I was like, 13 and was too afraid of coasters :(.

Plus it didn't help that there was two grown men in the bathroom selling and injecting heroin....

THECARISMINE

The only good six flags is great adventure THE ONLY GOOD ONE!! and none of them will ever be beter then WDW no matter how much they try

BCNHF

Speaking of New England, if any of you are up in New England vacationing and want to take the kids to some good parks, here are my reccomendations. These are all in Northern New Hampshire and if you ever want some more information on them just contact me via AIM at BostonCollegeFan or on a PM here. Here are my personal reccomendations:

Story Land in Glen, New Hampshire:
http://www.storylandnh.com/
Was my favorite park as a kid and it still holds a place in my heart. It's very well themed, and it's pretty big. Rides are thrilling for children and they don't stop expanding. Great visit. It also uses Epcot's idea of World Showcase and features rides from different parts of the world.

Heritage, New Hampshire in Glen, New Hampshire:
http://www.heritagenh.com/index.html
This is it's last year of operation. Located just next to Story Land (Owned by the same family, so they have double ticket discounts) it's a really, really, really cool museum type park thing about the history of New Hampshire. Use's Animatronics and people showing you the story of the state. It's akin to a 2 hour Dark ride, if dark rides are your things, plus it never got old and it's "hands on". Too bad it's in it's last year of operation :(.

Santa's Village in Jefferson, New Hampshire:
http://santasvillage.com/
I was never a fan of Santa's Village (I was more of a fan of Story Land's World Showcase kind of thing) but it IS also a good park. I think they've cut out most of their shows besides the Animatronic Elvis shows (Featuring - wait for it, wait for it - Elves impersonating Elvis!) but they do have raids and great themeing. Defintaly worth a checking out of.

Six Gun City in Jefferson, New Hampshire
http://www.sixguncity.com/
I don't have much to say about SGC, as I hated it as a child and still kinda detest it now. It's got more stuff for teenagers to do (Laser Tag and Go Karts round it out) but it's mostly a park for the water rides and really nothing else there. In all, there's about 3 Waterslides, Laser Tag, Go- Karts, Mini golf, and some kind of log ride and a new Junior Coaster and two sets of bumper boats, one for adults and one for children and that rounds it out. Six Gun City relied more on Themeing than rides and such, so if you're up for theme go here. Just be warned that it may not be worth your money.

Hope that all helped :D

Blizz

SkipKid said:
Have you been to them all?

Trust me, he is 50% right. The only 2 that Six Flags corporate even worries about is Magic Mountain and Great Adventure (however it seems they are giving more money to Great Adventure now).

manutdfan1

Ive only been to one six flags and that was six flags great america right outside of washington d.c. IT SUCKED!!!!! The rides were great but there was ansolutly no theming, witch i could deal with if everything else was alright but it wasnt. They had the RUDEST employers of any park i had ever been to. That is one thing that disney really impresses me by, the cast members rock. I will probobly never go back to a six flags because of this. Yea, like i said, the rollercoasters were great, but i was VERY displeased with everything else. Anywho goin to carowinds this weekend and that is a pretty good park and busch gardens europe the following weekend and that is my favorite park behind the disney parks. I love busch gardens. But like i said, disney runs circles around them too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom