Signature Drink at Gaston's

Californian Elitist

Tower of Terror is a proven success, as well. Would you support a Beauty & the Beast themed clone of that ride in the middle of Fantasyland?

It's all about show. Root beer and apple tarts? I could see the connection. Apple slush with mango/passion fruit foam and cinnamon rolls? How does that tie into Beauty & the Beast at all?

True story: when Universal created the menu for The Three Broomsticks in WWoHP, the executive chef had notes with page numbers to prove that every item even considered for the menu was reference somewhere in the 7 Potter books. That's creating a coherent show environment. This is slapping a random QSR down in the middle of Fantasyland then making a feeble attempt to justify it after the fact.

PREACH.

lazyboy97o

No matter what they did, you'd complain no doubt.
I do not recall seeing too many people complaining about the drinks appearing within Cars Land. The complaints all seem rather specific, that this is not a unique creation for a unique eatery, and that despite being pushed as a thematic detail it is not a detail, just a drink.

True story: when Universal created the menu for The Three Broomsticks in WWoHP, the executive chef had notes with page numbers to prove that every item even considered for the menu was referenced somewhere in the 7 Potter books. That's creating a coherent show environment. This is slapping a random QSR down in the middle of Fantasyland then making a feeble attempt to justify it after the fact.
Because at some level within Disney, where too many decisions are made, this reality is not considered. To them the success of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is not in its execution as a place, but because it is associated with a powerful kid's brand.

LithiumBill

A terrayki burger with a pineapple slice on it tastes good (at least it did back in the 70s the last time I had one). Would you really want to see that on the menu at Pecos Bill's or Liberty Tree Tavern?

It still tastes good! Not just in the seventies. ;)

No I would not, but Apples are in France. And Apple Brandy, and ciders are popular there. (cheap plastic mugs and cinnamon rolls, not quite sure on that)

Mickey_777

Happy meal shmappy meal. Harry Potter rules the earth. Carsland copy blah blah blah...how much to professional whiners get paid these days? Money must be good from the looks of it.

Everybody knows why the do what they do. Leave that poor dead horse alone already.

BrightImagine

My brain stopped when I read "English countryside." Luckily the article now reads "French countryside" (presumably fixed after four or five comments pointed it out!)

I think they missed the best beverage that could possibly be related to Gaston... an egg cream. (Even though it doesn't actually contain eggs.) "Gaston's Egg Cream doesn't contain any eggs, but it will still help you get large."

I can't believe there's 8 pages of adults complaining about this. Good grief. I have to agree with the person that said you would complain no matter what. Disney could be giving away free 100 dollar bills, and there would still be complaints.

invader

I can't believe there's 8 pages of adults complaining about this. Good grief. I have to agree with the person that said you would complain no matter what. Disney could be giving away free 100 dollar bills, and there would still be complaints.

I'd rather have free admission, what would I do with $100 dollars? :rolleyes:

Californian Elitist

Since you just became a member today, I felt the need to warn you that there are some people here, including me as you can see in this thread, who express their disappointment with Disney when we feel it's right. You will see some posters pointing out things and complaining and others that won't do that. It's not pleasantly pleasant here everyday and you'll be hearing things you don't want to necessarily hear. Just letting you know.

LithiumBill

Since you just became a member today, I felt the need to warn you that there are some people here, including me as you can see in this thread, who express their disappointment with Disney when we feel it's right. You will see some posters pointing out things and complaining and others that won't do that. It's not pleasantly pleasant here everyday and you'll be hearing things you don't want to necessarily hear. Just letting you know.

It's like the DNC and the RNC in here. ;)

michmousefan

Tower of Terror is a proven success, as well. Would you support a Beauty & the Beast themed clone of that ride in the middle of Fantasyland?

It's all about show. Root beer and apple tarts? I could probably see the connection if they sold it right. Apple slush with mango/passion fruit foam and cinnamon rolls? How does that tie into Beauty & the Beast at all?

True story: when Universal created the menu for The Three Broomsticks in WWoHP, the executive chef had notes with page numbers to prove that every item even considered for the menu was referenced somewhere in the 7 Potter books. That's creating a coherent show environment. This is slapping a random QSR down in the middle of Fantasyland then making a feeble attempt to justify it after the fact.

Somewhere in Burbank an artist is furiously working tonight to insert cinnamon rolls into the background scenes of Gaston's Tavern for all subsequent releases of BATB.

michmousefan

Good lord that price is ridiculous. I'd rather have a Butterbeer any day.

I'm looking forward to trying out LeFou's, but that price is a bit steep. Perhaps that's 'cause it will satisfy a dining plan snack option?

Plus I actually prefer the "standard" version of Butterbeer over the frozen style. The head doesn't work as well in the frozen version. And a buck less to boot.

baymenxpac

my thoughts:
  • obviously an answer to butterbeer
  • disappointing that it's simply a carry over from carsland
  • still sounds pretty good. i'll try it.
  • some of the complaining is a little over the top.
  • in fairness to disney, harry potter lends itself to more immersive theme park elements. rowling's descriptions of the fare, environment, people, etc. are all there in the books, and uni does a great job living up to it. disney's working off an animated classic that, let's face it, doesn't delve too much into detail besides that it takes place in france.
  • that said, that in and of itself is a conviction on disney and the subject matter they choose to focus on.
overall, should be interesting to try.

JustInTime

I'm looking forward to trying out LeFou's, but that price is a bit steep. Perhaps that's 'cause it will satisfy a dining plan snack option?

Plus I actually prefer the "standard" version of Butterbeer over the frozen style. The head doesn't work as well in the frozen version. And a buck less to boot.
Really?? I love both versions and typically get one of each.

michmousefan

Really?? I love both versions and typically get one of each.

Yeah, I like both... just prefer the unfrozen version, that's all.

Actually, I'm still hoping for a third version... with a less-sweet "head" and some alcohol (rum, maybe?) in the drink. Thinking about it, that could work in the frozen version as well...

JustInTime

Yeah, I like both... just prefer the unfrozen version, that's all.

Actually, I'm still hoping for a third version... with a less-sweet "head" and some alcohol (rum, maybe?) in the drink. Thinking about it, that could work in the frozen version as well...
I was hoping for a 3rd version as well but I was hoping it would be a warm version for the winter months. Especially considering the drinks are warm in the books! And adult version would be nice too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom